What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel week 2 (5 Viewers)

Just my  :2cents:  -- Seems premature to say that. Enunwa barely played in preseason and at Detroit had ten targets while Anderson had one.
Miami's corners are no joke, Fitzpatrick, Howard, and McCain are all good. The Miami front 7 doesn't scare me at all though. I expect a heavy does of Crowell and Powell in that game

Cash LU #2 - Projects better than the 1st one. 

QB/ T. Taylor, RB/ Kamara - Gordon, WR/ Sanders - Cobb [if Rodgers plays] - Agholor, TE/ Kittle, FLEX/ Conner, DEF/ LAC

Hey guys, recent subscriber to this site. 

Cash Lineup - Tyrod, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Sanders, Agholor, Landry, Cook, Conner,  Chargers....Pretty chalky, but wondering if anyone sees any issue with this? Wondering if I should try to fit in Yeldon, but do not really want to go away from Gordon/Kamara and Conner.

Any thoughts?

Cash Lineup - Tyrod, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Sanders, Agholor, Landry, Cook, Conner,  Chargers....Pretty chalky, but wondering if anyone sees any issue with this? Wondering if I should try to fit in Yeldon, but do not really want to go away from Gordon/Kamara and Conner.

Any thoughts?
Looks like a good cash lineup to me.

Why the seeming consensus of Kittle over Cook?
I really like both this week for value guys.  I know Gruden was chirping about getting more downfield shots with cooper, but that's easier said than done vs Denv, and Denv has been bad vs TEs for a bit now.  I think I am leaning Cook in cash for the savings, and Kittle in gpps.  

I think I am staying away from 2xs and 50/50s again this week.  Looking like Taylor, Kamara, Conner, Gordon, AB, Cook is the main core and will have huge ownership.   Probably do 3 and 5mans for my main/cash LU again.  

As far as why Kittle, I saw this from RG (again, free, so I will post it):

Take a look at how George Kittle ranked in some DFS-relevant categories among TEs in Week 1:

Air Yards – 118 (1st)
YAC – 67 (2nd)
Market Share Air Yards – 0.29 (tied 2nd)
Target Share – 0.26 (3rd)

Fanduel added $1 to my account (to be used by tomorrow). I'm rich. :excited:
Did they have another one if those promos like last week to log in for random chance to get a bonus?

ETA- If anyone else planned to play him, I just saw Josh Gordon is out with a hamstring injury

Last edited by a moderator:
Cash LU #2 - Projects better than the 1st one. 

QB/ T. Taylor, RB/ Kamara - Gordon, WR/ Sanders - Cobb [if Rodgers plays] - Agholor, TE/ Kittle, FLEX/ Conner, DEF/ LAC
Close to mine. Have Landry instead of Cobb in one. 

Tentative lineup:

QB: Taylor RB: Kamara, Gurley WR: Agholor, Landry TE: Kittle Flex: Pettis D: LAC

Think Pettis is an absolute steal at 4500. Not sure I want to double dip with him and Kittle tho. I’m new to DFS so still playing around. 

Another one I have:

QB: Roethlisberger RB: Gurley, Conner WR: Brown, Landry TE: Kittle Flex: Kupp D: LAR

Love the Rams and Chargers. That won’t change in any of my lineups. Also like Kupp a lot too. Not sure I want 3 Steelers but should be a shootout. Might put Hill in for Brown. 

My 10 man league is for the Sunday-MNF slate for some reason.  I put this LU in there, plus a gpp:

Jimmy G - Conner - Cook - OBJ - Julio - Pettis - Kittle - Gurley - Chicago

I am still staring at my main LU for the main slate, but I think it will be similar.   I don't like the Gordon news for Tyrod (or I could just be looking for excuses not to click his name), and A.Smith doesn't blow my hair back. 

I really like the 6-7K RBs this week, so I keep staring at them and thinking about using 3 of them in gpps and paying up at TE, QB or all 3 WRs, which might yield a different roster construction.   Conner, Miller, Ajayi, AP, D.Lewis, Cook,  hell even McCoy in that range, or White and Morris at sub 5K I have on my list.  

I have 10 spots reserved for the 25cent gpp, and the current placeholder is:  Watson - Cook - Crowell - Julio - Hopkins - Tate - Reed - A.Morris - Jets  as I think about this idea and build.     

KarmaPolice said:
I think I am staying away from 2xs and 50/50s again this week.  Looking like Taylor, Kamara, Conner, Gordon, AB, Cook is the main core and will have huge ownership.   Probably do 3 and 5mans for my main/cash LU again.  
So you're using the same guys you'd use in 2x&50/50, just in 3 and 5 mans?  This worked for you last week?  I didn't get slaughtered, but was down, and I'm always on the short end of the weeks where the cash cuts are insane.  We knew they'd be higher cuts because FLEX > K, but they won't be that high going forward.  

Any thoughts?
Welcome to the party, pal. I’d stay away from yeldon for cash simply because I feel grant will siphon some work off. Kamara gordon and Conner not so much. Good luck!

So you're using the same guys you'd use in 2x&50/50, just in 3 and 5 mans?  This worked for you last week?  I didn't get slaughtered, but was down, and I'm always on the short end of the weeks where the cash cuts are insane.  We knew they'd be higher cuts because FLEX > K, but they won't be that high going forward.  
My Lu hit last week, and cashed 3 of the 4 of those contests I entered, and the small gpp.  The ones I cashed in, the next closest were in the 130s-140s in those 3 and 5 mans   Variable for sure, but I think I would rather take a shot at those vs a 50/50 where we have a good guess what the LUs will look like - especially if I want a slightly different build than what I think will be out there.  

:shrug:

I dipped my toe in them a little last year, and liked them a little more than 2xs and 50/50s because I don't enjoy feeling like I have to do a similar build to keep up with the masses in a 2x. 

Another thread was started on this, but, since the question is here, I'd have to think this now makes him as cash game lock, given the price tag and increased workload. I have altered a cash LU accordingly. 
Interesting.  

I just reclicked on the RG lineup tool, and it jammed in Kamara, Gurley, and Conner.   

Not bad choices there either; I think that's what's in my other cash LU. But when it's all said and done, based on volume alone, I think Coleman hits cash game value and has GPP upside. Of course, I've been wrong before, but, I feel very good about him. 

Me every Saturday night: “Wow my lineup this week is awesome, I’m sure to place well in all my GPP’s.

Me every Sunday night: “What was I thinking, i should have known better than to pick these guys.”  

Looking at the $1M winning team: “Wow I coulda picked these guys, in fact I think I had these guys at some point during the shuffle.  I’m such an idiot!”

The only reason I won (double ups) is that there was no love (exc from me) for Thielen this week. 2% owned. When I saw that, I really thought I missed an injury updates. Plus fairly low ownership for Gordon @ 10-14%.

Jets weren't  bad for the price. Seems like there were more high scores last week. Using Yahoo daily scoring, Jets rabk 7th, Wash 13th. I can't find an equivalent feature on Fanduel that lets you see scores for all players. If there is one, would love to know.
Yahoo scores

Absolute 0-fer this week.  

Didn't miss by much with my main LU, but that was because I talked myself into Tyrod and Brown after looking at optimizers.  Before that I had Cousins/Thielen in there.  Doh!

Lost about half of what I wagered.  Better than last week!

I thought about taking Sept off since it's usually a down month.  At least week 1 and 2 are usually crazy.  Probably was a good thought.

Lost about half of what I wagered.  Better than last week!

I thought about taking Sept off since it's usually a down month.  At least week 1 and 2 are usually crazy.  Probably was a good thought.
It's so tempting though, especially with the short football season!    Probably better to wait the first 3-4 weeks to get some good trends to look at.  Same with MLB - I need to learn to take the first month or so off.  

More power too you guys on A Smith. I still smarting from all the lineups he’s torpedoed over the years when he had much better weapons
So prophetic.  Smith scuttled several of my cash LUs today.  He kept popping up in the Lineup Optimizer as a way to roster AB and Julio, but I should have known better, especially with Matt Ryan available at the same salary.

My decision to roster Tyrod and Landry in most of my LU’s sunk me. I had either Taylor or Rothberger and unfortunately more of Taylor. 

Horrible week here too. Went with mostly Keenum Sanders Kittle. Had a Ben,Brown and James lineup on DK that cashed for .75 but that was it. 0-4 on FD and 1-7 on DK total of $11 in .75 out.

$37/$70 this week although I have a 5 and a 20 man that could drop that down to about $50. Still should recoup my slight loss from last week. I think week 3 prices are out. It haven’t looked, let’s grind forward like the Knish. 

Was down around $50 most of the weekend, but managed to salvage the week and finish in the green with the stupid single game format.  $164.50 in, $133.75 out plus 7 $9 tickets = $63.  Total of $196.75 back.

Users who are viewing this thread