What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 9 (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
Week 8 isn't even in the books yet, but I am browsing the salaries and match ups as I watch this field goal fest on Monday Night Football.

Players that look interesting to me on the main slate...

QB: $$$$ Mahomes; $$$ Goff; $ Wilson, Flacco, Smith, Mayfield, Fitzmagic...  Seems like some decent value options can be had here if you can pick the right one.  

RB: $$$$$ Gurley; $$$ Hunt; $$ Peterson, Drake, Lindsey, Murray, Chubb, Miller; $ Crowell, Duke Johnson...  I doubt I will pay up for Gurley, but you have to consider him every week.  Don't know if I can trust the $ guys enough for cash, but they could be essential if you want a Gurley line up.

WR: $$$$ Theilen, Hopkins; $$$ Evans, Woods, Cooks (will Kupp return?); $$ Landry, J. Brown, Funchess... WOW, I am not liking the WR options much this week.  I will need to look more deeply into this position and think about those QBs listed above to add more names here. 

TE: $$$ Kelce; $$ Olsen, $ Rudolph, Reed, Njoku

Early Placeholder

Fitzpatrick/Hunt/Peterson/Miller/Theilen/Kupp/Brown/Njoku/Buffalo

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 8 isn't even in the books yet, but I am browsing the salaries and match ups as I watch this field goal fest on Monday Night Football.

Players that look interesting to me on the main slate...

QB: $$$$ Mahomes; $$$ Goff; $ Wilson, Flacco, Smith, Mayfield, Fitzmagic...  Seems like some decent value options can be had here if you can pick the right one.  

RB: $$$$$ Gurley; $$$ Hunt; $$ Peterson, Drake, Lindsey, Murray, Chubb; $ Crowell, Duke Johnson...  I doubt I will pay up for Gurley, but you have to consider him every week.  Don't know if I can trust the $ guys enough for cash, but they could be essential if you want a Gurley line up.

WR: $$$$ Theilen, Hopkins; $$$ Evans, Woods, Cooks (will Kupp return?); $$ Landry, J. Brown, Funchess... WOW, I am not liking the WR options much this week.  I will need to look more deeply into this position and think about those QBs listed above to add more names here. 

TE: $$$ Kelce; $$ Olsen, $ Rudolph, Reed, Njoku
A couple that I think you should have on your list:

QB:  Cam, Brees, Wilson,  -  I like home QBs more, especially if you are talking cash.  Cam has 3 games in a row of 24+pts,  and gets TB.   Brees has been hit or miss, lately but has been on the road 3 of the last 4 weeks too.   Wilson more for gpp or savings, but he has gotten better and better each week and could be forced to play catchup vs. Chargers.  

RB:  I think any week we have to look at all the the RBs above 8K or so b/c of their usage.  Gordon, Conner (if Bell is out - hell, I might still do it in gpp is Bell is playing), Kamara (so involved in the pass game too), McCaffrey (hello, TB) all should be in the conversation.    Cheaper RBs that I wrote down on the fly were: Drake, Howard, Chubb, Lindsay, Miller, Crowell.    IMO Peterson is only viable in games where Wash is ahead a bit, and I am done with the likes of Duke.  

WR:  I need to dig deeper too.   Agree with a lot of yours, but I am starting to be done with J.Brown too.  I seem to get him only on his dud weeks.   I was mainly looking at the sub-7K guys since I like the top RBs as usual.    I wrote down these names to look into:  D.Jax (has been surprisingly steady and Car has been beaten deep most of the year), Watkins (especially if Hill is dinged or out), T.Williams,  D.Moore (don't know much about him, but Wilson seems to like him), Amendola,  Chicago Slot WR - is that A.Miller? (if I remember right, Buffalo has good CBs, but can be eaten up in the slot).  

TE:  I need to look hard at this it just burned me this week.  In theory Olsen, and Njoku should be good plays.  Really weak this week.  

Def:  I actually like Buffalo for a punt play at 3K.  

My placeholder for Sunday has Fitz Gurley/McCaffrey/Gordon  Watkins Buff and some cheapies that might get targets.   

Also, the TNF and MNF games make me want to throw up, but the GB/NE game on SNF could be a blast.   Might be a good week to consider some Thurs-Mon contests to get some White, Brady, Rodgers, Edelman, Adams in your lineups.   Having White and those 2 QBs in the pool would flatten out ownership even more - especially since the TNF players are usually overowned vs. what they would normally be.   Edelman and Gordon are cheap, and Valdez-Scantling is 4.7K and still saw decent looks last weekend.  

:shrug:

Also, the TNF and MNF games make me want to throw up, but the GB/NE game on SNF could be a blast.   Might be a good week to consider some Thurs-Mon contests to get some White, Brady, Rodgers, Edelman, Adams in your lineups.   Having White and those 2 QBs in the pool would flatten out ownership even more - especially since the TNF players are usually overowned vs. what they would normally be.   Edelman and Gordon are cheap, and Valdez-Scantling is 4.7K and still saw decent looks last weekend.  

I have 3 $9 tickets into the TNF contest. I really don't know what to do. Carr will likely be my MVP. 

Early look this week I like cam, Hunt, McCaffrey, no wrs (I’m tinkering here cuz no one jumps out), te I like Olsen and Kelce but not sure I want to pay up and as someone mentioned above bills look like nice punt.

Going to be a very chalky week with the trades going down and probably being able to get up to Gurley.

Cam/Fitzmagic

McCaffrey

Marvin Jones/Galloday/Sutton/Watkins (could get shadowed)

Bills D

I had Tate in one lineup.  Tate is now an Eagle on bye week.  I went down to M. Jones and playing with the extra money.  

KarmaPolice said:
How cheap is Thomas? With the houst wr injuries and facing his former team right away..... 
Dirt cheap, and in a decent situation, but I don't know if I would trust him at this point.  How well can he and Watson get on the same page in the short time they will have?  I won't expect a whole lot, but if you need a cheap hole filled, I guess he could be worth a shot.  Then again, I am the guy that put Jordy Nelson in my line up last week...

Dirt cheap, and in a decent situation, but I don't know if I would trust him at this point.  How well can he and Watson get on the same page in the short time they will have?  I won't expect a whole lot, but if you need a cheap hole filled, I guess he could be worth a shot.  Then again, I am the guy that put Jordy Nelson in my line up last week...
I THINK the difference would be what I posted last week - Oak's top 2 target guys this season have been Richard and Cook.   Maybe it shouldn't have surprised us that a WR didn't step up in Cooper's place.   Houst seems to throw more to the WRs like a normal team, so maybe that opens it up a tad more.   Like you said - it doesn't mean he'll pick up the O or catch on with Watson with a few days of practice.  I don't think I'd try it in a cash or main LU.  

Fitz

White/Kamara/Conner

Golladay/Kupp/Sutton

Njoku D

Bears 

and

Fitz

White/Kamara/Gurley

Golladay/Sutton/Smith (NO)

Njoku

KC D

Placeholder for GPP #1:  QB/ Newton, RB/ Hunt - L. Murray [if Cook is still out], WR/ D-Jax - J. Landry - C. Sutton, TE/ Olsen, Flex - D. Moore, DEF - Bears

Put a bunch of cash lineups in:

Russell Wilson

Hunt, Gurley

Woods, David Moore, Brandon Powell

Njoku

Crowell

Jets

Another variation without Gurley going for that Thur-Mon slate:

Russell Wilson

Hunt, Crowell

Adams, Woods, Godwin

Cook

Howard

Jets

Early shot at a cash LU: QB/Fitzgerald [like the price; should be throwing a lot], RB/Hunt - Crowell, WR/ Thielen - Golladay - D. Moore[SEA], TE/ Njoku, Flex/ Smith-Schuster, DEF/ Bears

I'm not thrilled about having Crowell in cash lineup right now.  It breaks a rule of mine when it comes to drafting.  There really aren't any cheaper RB's that I'd think are pretty good locks though.  Past weeks Cohen was easy, Chubb was easy, Marlon Mack was easy, James White was easy at the RB2 spot, this week seems a little more difficult. 

Tweaked the cash LU and came up with Lindsay as the RB2 & J. Howard as the Flex; optimizer gives it 125.1 ……. which, conversely, is what the original line-up gave me. ?

Currently have 2 cash line ups in...will likely reduce to one before Sunday as usual.

Fitzpatrick/Hunt, McCaffrey, Murray/Theilen, J. Brown, Golladay/Njoku/Buffalo  (optimizer 129.2)

Newton/Hunt, McCaffrey, Murray/ Evans, Golladay, Sutton/Njoku/Buffalo (optimizer 130.3 but still have $500 left...hmmm)

Njoku, Newton, and Evans all currently questionable and need to check on Cook's status before committing to Murray.  

ETA...was just tinkering around with Gurley possibilities and came up with this... Fitz/Gurley, Hunt, Crowell/Woods, Golladay, Sutton/Njoku/Buffalo (optimizer 127.3)

I'm not thrilled about having Crowell in cash lineup right now.  It breaks a rule of mine when it comes to drafting.  There really aren't any cheaper RB's that I'd think are pretty good locks though.  Past weeks Cohen was easy, Chubb was easy, Marlon Mack was easy, James White was easy at the RB2 spot, this week seems a little more difficult. 
I think we probably at least have to go back to the basics and look at RBs getting good #s of touches in games their team is favored.  (preferably with a  high total and at home).  

Chic is favored by 10 and people are talking about their D in cash.  What about Howard??  6.2K   Were ahead all game last week and he saw 22 carries and 4 RZ touches.  I wrote down the names of players that had 50%+ of his team's carries and it was only 11 names - one was Howard.  

L.Murray at 6.7K  should be a cash game option - like Galileo said, we have to see Cook's status though.  

A couple others that are getting decent touches, are at home, and their teams are favored:  Carson,  Drake, Lindsay.  

Personally, for cash I would be nervous about getting too cute this week and as B&B showed - you can get Fitz, Gurley, Kamara, and White in a LU because of the trades and injuries opening up cheap WR options.  Maybe too simplistic, but I would much rather have something like Kamara/Amendola in cash vs. Theilen/Crowell.  

Right now my league LU (Sun-Mon) is:  Cam - White/Kamara/Hunt - Watkins/Miller/Amendola - Olsen - Buffalo

I think we probably at least have to go back to the basics and look at RBs getting good #s of touches in games their team is favored.  (preferably with a  high total and at home).  

Chic is favored by 10 and people are talking about their D in cash.  What about Howard??  6.2K   Were ahead all game last week and he saw 22 carries and 4 RZ touches.  I wrote down the names of players that had 50%+ of his team's carries and it was only 11 names - one was Howard.  

L.Murray at 6.7K  should be a cash game option - like Galileo said, we have to see Cook's status though.  

A couple others that are getting decent touches, are at home, and their teams are favored:  Carson,  Drake, Lindsay.  

Personally, for cash I would be nervous about getting too cute this week and as B&B showed - you can get Fitz, Gurley, Kamara, and White in a LU because of the trades and injuries opening up cheap WR options.  Maybe too simplistic, but I would much rather have something like Kamara/Amendola in cash vs. Theilen/Crowell.  

Right now my league LU (Sun-Mon) is:  Cam - White/Kamara/Hunt - Watkins/Miller/Amendola - Olsen - Buffalo
I hear what you are saying, but that Miami run defense has been pretty poor...makes Crowell very tempting at his cheap price...$1000 less than Murray.

I hear what you are saying, but that Miami run defense has been pretty poor...makes Crowell very tempting at his cheap price...$1000 less than Murray.
This is where I get all crosseyed looking at stats.  I took a peek at the DVOA and Line stats.  Miami is 18th DVOA vs. run, but when you look at the OL/DL adjusted line matchups, the Jets have the 4th worst matchup for the weekend b/c of their poor OL.  :shrug:   Combine that with:  away team and projected 4th lowest team total for the week.    Seems like it checks 0 boxes for the Dodds' cash game formula.  

As far as Fitz goes - a podcast brought up a good point about maybe not being cash worthy either.  He is prone to ints too, is there a chance they play qb carousel if he chucks a few picks early? 

Murray and Howard are usually on my "don't touch" list due to their poor pass game work in game script scenario's.  But that's more for DK than FD.  I really don't see a scenario where the Bears will play catchup all game long so maybe Howard is ok.  There's more of a chance that the Vikings are down, but Murray has been solid lately in the pass catching too so maybe I'll go this route.  I used him in the not so solid week of course so I have to get over my bias there.  Same with Adrian Peterson, without Thompson I'm not worried about losing pass down work so maybe I'll go with him too?

I absolutely hate the idea of having scrubs all over my WR's.  I think I like my lineups a lot better without Gurley in them.  He's just too expensive to maintain what I want. 

Zyphros said:
Murray and Howard are usually on my "don't touch" list due to their poor pass game work in game script scenario's.  But that's more for DK than FD.  I really don't see a scenario where the Bears will play catchup all game long so maybe Howard is ok.  There's more of a chance that the Vikings are down, but Murray has been solid lately in the pass catching too so maybe I'll go this route.  I used him in the not so solid week of course so I have to get over my bias there.  Same with Adrian Peterson, without Thompson I'm not worried about losing pass down work so maybe I'll go with him too?

I absolutely hate the idea of having scrubs all over my WR's.  I think I like my lineups a lot better without Gurley in them.  He's just too expensive to maintain what I want. 
Agree about Gurley, but I don't think it's too hard to get a lu together with Cam/Goff, Hunt, Kamara, and Thielen in it if you use a 6.7k rb or below and I would probably lean something like in cash.  

KarmaPolice said:
It's already too hard getting guys in without paying 5.4 for a D.  I mean, they haven't gotten more than 5 points in the last 3 weeks and have played the lowly Jets and Dolphins.  
If they were playing anybody else, I'm on board. But due to attrition, they will be facing Nate 'pick-6' Peterman at QB. I may be all wet, but, I'm just salivating over the possibilities ……… especially since I have the Bears DEF in every season-long league I'm in.

Agree about Gurley, but I don't think it's too hard to get a lu together with Cam/Goff, Hunt, Kamara, and Thielen in it if you use a 6.7k rb or below and I would probably lean something like in cash.  
No it doesn’t seem hard to find something solid with those and I think I’m leaning towards it.  Here’s what I came up with

Cam

Hunt, Peterson

Woods, Funchess, David Moore

Njoku

Murray

Broncos 

not a big fan of Kamara this week but he’s so cheap it might be easy to put him in

Is Doug Martin Cash usable this week? If  Beathard is out I would think Oakland would get ahead and Martin could be in for a lot of work.

Beathard is reportedly not starting. What's the new strategy? Lot up on raiders and take gould from the 49ers?

Is Doug Martin Cash usable this week? If  Beathard is out I would think Oakland would get ahead and Martin could be in for a lot of work.
Yes, I certainly think so.  In fact, this a rare week for a single game slate you can fit Both QB's + Both RB1's in the same team, and still have enough for TE1 that should see a good amount of targets.

My lineup is:

MVP: Martin

Flex: Brieda, Carr, Cook, Mullens

Sounds like easy $ in cash games, but what do I know <shrug>

Yes, I certainly think so.  In fact, this a rare week for a single game slate you can fit Both QB's + Both RB1's in the same team, and still have enough for TE1 that should see a good amount of targets.

My lineup is:

MVP: Martin

Flex: Brieda, Carr, Cook, Mullens

Sounds like easy $ in cash games, but what do I know <shrug>
I like the TEs in this game.  

Wow what a garbage game. Prob the worst lineup I’ve ever had to make, haha. 

Going with;

Carr

Breida, Richard, Mullens, Kittle

Some tournament thoughts for week 9:

• QB: willing to pay for Cam despite the price and high ownership. Not really excited about a lot of the cheap QBs this week. Feels like a week to pay the premium. If I'm going cheap, I might roll with Keenum vs. Houston. Big Ben has a fractured thumb, so I'd stay away from him in all formats.
  • RB: Tons of interesting options, especially in that lower to mid tier. Love Miller, Lindsay, Murray, Chubb, Gore, and Drake. Alvin Kamara cheaper than MGIII and Gurley, but something in my gut tells me Kamara finishes as the #1 RB Sunday. McCaffrey will be heavily owned, and I'm not paying that price.
  • WR: I'm willing to pay top dollar for guys like Adams, Hopkins, and Julio. But there are a bunch of players in the next tier that don't interest me. Em Sanders and Cooks seem like decent values. Is this the week that Keenan Allen breaks out? Possibly. Funchess will be heavily owned. I don't care. I think Funchess gets 80 yards and two TDs. 
  • TE: I don't have the guts to own him heavily, but I like Jordan Reed this week. Normally I'm not crazy about the more expensive TEs, but I like Olsen and Gronkowski to do well. Aside from Reed, Olsen, and Njoku, not crazy about most of the TEs in the main slate.
  • D: Yeah, Chicago could feast on Buffalo. But they're a lot more expensive than the next few. Not willing to pay $5000 for a defense. Prefer KC and Baltimore.

Well I picked the wrong QB to MVP (almost did Mullens for ####s) but Mullens and Kittle have me top 5 in a 100 person 50/50. Is SF to QBs as the Oakland A’s were to pitchers? These guys just come out and ball?!

Some tournament thoughts for week 9:

• QB: willing to pay for Cam despite the price and high ownership. Not really excited about a lot of the cheap QBs this week. Feels like a week to pay the premium. If I'm going cheap, I might roll with Keenum vs. Houston. Big Ben has a fractured thumb, so I'd stay away from him in all formats.
  • RB: Tons of interesting options, especially in that lower to mid tier. Love Miller, Lindsay, Murray, Chubb, Gore, and Drake. Alvin Kamara cheaper than MGIII and Gurley, but something in my gut tells me Kamara finishes as the #1 RB Sunday. McCaffrey will be heavily owned, and I'm not paying that price.
  • WR: I'm willing to pay top dollar for guys like Adams, Hopkins, and Julio. But there are a bunch of players in the next tier that don't interest me. Em Sanders and Cooks seem like decent values. Is this the week that Keenan Allen breaks out? Possibly. Funchess will be heavily owned. I don't care. I think Funchess gets 80 yards and two TDs. 
  • TE: I don't have the guts to own him heavily, but I like Jordan Reed this week. Normally I'm not crazy about the more expensive TEs, but I like Olsen and Gronkowski to do well. Aside from Reed, Olsen, and Njoku, not crazy about most of the TEs in the main slate.
  • D: Yeah, Chicago could feast on Buffalo. But they're a lot more expensive than the next few. Not willing to pay $5000 for a defense. Prefer KC and Baltimore.
Again, I agree with a lot of this.  

As far as the last point, the 4for4 podcast suggested KC specifically b/c so many of the stats are similar to the Chicago matchup- adjusted sack rates for both lines, the amount they are favored by, etc...  actually the big difference is that Cleveland throws more and plays at a faster pace, so in theory would have more chances for picks and ints.   They said their other value D was Denver for the week.  

If you're looking for a good TE dart you could try Rudolph. I know he hasn't done much lately but seems like he scores every game vs Lions.

Def I'm using this week (DK) are Den,Wash and But.

If you're looking for a good TE dart you could try Rudolph. I know he hasn't done much lately but seems like he scores every game vs Lions.

Def I'm using this week (DK) are Den,Wash and But.
I like Rudolph's price on dk.  I think I am using him there, and trying njoku of fd.  

Users who are viewing this thread