What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Football Trophies (1 Viewer)

lilpuppy99

Footballguy
I'm looking to purchase a fantasy football trophy now that our league has become a keeper league. I would prefer it to be a traveling trophy that we can pass on over the years to the winner. I'm sure there are quite a few commissioners on here who have done the same thing in the past.

Where would be a good place to purchase a trophy and I'd be interested to see any pictures of trophies from your leagues. Thank you.

I'm looking to purchase a fantasy football trophy now that our league has become a keeper league. I would prefer it to be a traveling trophy that we can pass on over the years to the winner. I'm sure there are quite a few commissioners on here who have done the same thing in the past. Where would be a good place to purchase a trophy and I'd be interested to see any pictures of trophies from your leagues. Thank you.
affordabletrophies has a really nice selection and the 99 dollar traveling one is perfect.

Thanks for all of the ideas guys!!! Those are some nice looking trophies. I need to decide what a good size traveler will be.

Got mine at a trophy store that sells plaques and stuff for little leagues and stuff like that

Paid $50 and it is a traveler. Ill see if I have any pics of it

ETA: The pic is on my external HD. PM me if you want me to post it

Last edited by a moderator:
Our league has a traveling trophy that one of our members purchased at a local trophy shop. If you want to see a picture, check out my profile. I have a picture of it in there. Not the best picture, but you get the idea. Enough room for 16 years of championship plates and after that we can add another base. We are entering our 8th year, so we haven't even filled half the trophy yet.

Our league's trophy is a pint-sized glass mounted onto a wooden trophy base. Each year the winning team gets added to the base of the trophy and the winning owner has to chug a glass of beer from it at the beginning of the following year's draft.

DetroitDragons said:
I got mine from a local trophy company. Alwas Ggod to support a local business. Try a local search. If not go with http://fantasysportsawards.com/f-football/trav-frs.shtml

The http://www.theultimatetrophy.com/lineup.php is great. Depends on your budget. $300 for the least expensive "rookie" trophy.
Check local trophy storesThey will be as nice as the online ones and much much cheaper plus you will know where to take them every year to engrave the new winners name.

we do not have a trophy. i was going to get a ring last year and a nice walnut display case which lets it sit on a shelf and be a modest trophy. I did not win because the seahawks and raiders decided to channel their inner steelers, that and rivers was drafted the pick before i wanted him, he was the difference. oh well still this site is great for value and gives you something to show off.

http://www.fantasyrings.com/

if you want a nice, cheap bragging peice this is the place for you. they have good options and let you engrave what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
we do not have a trophy. i was going to get a ring last year and a nice walnut display case which lets it sit on a shelf and be a modest trophy. I did not win because the seahawks and raiders decided to channel their inner steelers, that and rivers was drafted the pick before i wanted him, he was the difference. oh well still this site is great for value and gives you something to show off.

if you want a nice, cheap bragging peice this is the place for you. they have good options and let you engrave what you want.
we use this site. But I would say stay away from the cheap plastic case they sell for 5 bucks. The ring is great for the price. The case is not. Also, Jostens also has a fantasy line that is really nice. It's a little more money but far superior of a product.

we use this site. But I would say stay away from the cheap plastic case they sell for 5 bucks. The ring is great for the price. The case is not. Also, Jostens also has a fantasy line that is really nice. It's a little more money but far superior of a product.
Rings? Seriously??

yeah when i was looking up what to order i was looking at the walnut cases. it gives it a good trophy atmosphere that you can set on your mantle and have others admire.

a big stanley cup type trophy would be cool but we have not been doing that and really that needs to be started from the begginning to have the history with it.

i do not the lombardi type trophies though. they are a bit too big usually and i do not know, they just seem like they would not fit in too well. they tend to give off a obstentatious vibe, IMO.

overall advice if ordering from the fantasy rings site definately get the walnut cases.

Here's the Jostens site. http://shop.jostens.com/catalog.asp?CID=27...072012440986752

My league has been getting the Franchise II ring for the league champ over the last couple of years. The owners like this much better than the traveling trophy that we have. It's a bit pricey but each owner had no problem kicking in the extra money.

I saw a neat suggestion here a few years back... buy a McFarlane figure like this one or this one. Spray paint it gold. The realism in those figures makes the trophy very cool.

Our league uses a more modest trophy that is well suited to the purpose. Basically we have a white football (it's about 1/2 regular footballsize actually) and the winner each year gets their name put on the football. It fits about 10 names so it's good for a decade (we're actually about to embark on football 3 next year I think). Wehave a plastic tee for a stand.

Not expensive but it always looks good on top of my TV (though now I bought a flat screen so I need a new way to display it).

-QG

I think you want the trophy to be nice...but not too nice. Assuming it will be with several different people over its lifetime, it will see its share of bumps and bruises. You don't want it to be too big of an investment.

A nice trophy shouldn't cost more than $60 or so at a local shop. A few scars and scratches over the years will accompany some interesting and fun stories. I'd advise against laying out a lot of cash for something really awesome. It's not going to sit in a GM's trophy case. It's going to be in your college buddy's basement, or your living room or somewhere more casual.

I would hit the local flea market for something funky (yes, I live in NC and we have a local flea market). A big "cup", or odd looking thing would be fun and cheap and it would appear you are not taking things too seriously...because some of these suggestions look as though you are taking things too seriously.

Bought mine on Ebay for less than 50 bucks. Was very impressed with the trophy and the customer service. For that 50 bucks we got full engraving on the front plate, and up to 12 yearly plates engraved as well. We had 8 years of history to put on it, and they sent us the next 4 plates as well, letting us upgrade for next year. Its a little silly with a bobblehead on top, but Fantasy Football is a little silly too, so it works. I believe this is the one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Fantasy-Football-Pe...93%3A1|294%3A50

The fella's in my league all liked the notion of some sort of Cup. It remains with the Champ throughout the season. Everyone seemed to like the idea of being able to use it as their Sunday beer drinking instrument. I haven't found anything that I felt could withstand the test of time and allow for labelling on a yearly basis (we want it personalized to identify the Champ)

If anyone has done or seen something similar, please let me know.

The fella's in my league all liked the notion of some sort of Cup. It remains with the Champ throughout the season. Everyone seemed to like the idea of being able to use it as their Sunday beer drinking instrument. I haven't found anything that I felt could withstand the test of time and allow for labelling on a yearly basis (we want it personalized to identify the Champ)If anyone has done or seen something similar, please let me know.
Just do a customized stein each year. This way when you win a bunch of championships you can just line those bad boys up for the world to see :lmao: -QG

Some of you may be interested in checking out iwonmyleague.com. They are cheap (in price not quality) enough that you can buy one each year and they are great! Cost your average 12 person league $5 bucks a year.

Check them out...definitely worthy. http://www.iwonmyleague.com/

:goodposting:

our league uses "The Golden Football." basically it is a football spray painted gold and then the winner each year signs their name onto it with metallic pen. our league enjoys it

Users who are viewing this thread