What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite FF Podcasts? (1 Viewer)

zamboni

Footballguy
So for those of us in keeper/dynasty leagues already looking ahead to next year, what are your favorite podcasts that keep the information/analysis flowing? 

In addition to FBG naturally, I listen to a handful of them, with JJ Zachariason’s “Late Round Podcast” being a personal favorite. For dynasty, also like DLF.

What say you?

FYI for all the JJ Zachariason fans: He announced today that he's leaving FanDuel/NumberFire and going off on his own. Sounds like the Late Round Podcast (and presumably Living the Stream, which is a side project) will continue same as always. But his new site, LateRound.com, will offer a number of premium services, including a Patreon, a prospect guide, a draft guide and a newsletter.

He's one of my favorite fantasy analysts. I wish him well.

I like Harris Fantasy Football Podcast and the Fantasy Footballers (this is more for entertainment but there is typically some decent info too).  

FYI for all the JJ Zachariason fans: He announced today that he's leaving FanDuel/NumberFire and going off on his own. Sounds like the Late Round Podcast (and presumably Living the Stream, which is a side project) will continue same as always. But his new site, LateRound.com, will offer a number of premium services, including a Patreon, a prospect guide, a draft guide and a newsletter.

He's one of my favorite fantasy analysts. I wish him well.
JJ is my favorite. So glad he’s continuing with his regular pod.

I like Harris Fantasy Football Podcast and the Fantasy Footballers (this is more for entertainment but there is typically some decent info too).  
That's exactly how I feel. Harris (and JJ Zachariason) provide the hardcore fantasy advice. The FFBs aren't bad, but it's probably more for entertainment at this point.

On the other hand, a few years ago when I decided I needed to prune down my fantasy podcasting list, I immediately cut ESPN because I thought Berry was wayyyyy too far on the entertainment side and I realized his fantasy analysis was mostly cherry-picked numbers and "gut feelings".

Great thread. Thanks for starting this. As my life requires more multi-tasking now than ever and I don't have the chance to attend to roto exclusively,  I listen to podcasts in my car, when on a run (and let me tell you, my runs are SLOW now- which helps elongate my podcast time.), or when doing stuff around the house.

Establish the Run- My favorite of what I've heard thus far. Silva and Levitan know their stuff, have a track record of success, and are typically methodical in their analysis. Mike Leone is a fun foil for their humor. I don't subscribe, but they are worth a listen.

Sigmund Bloom- We all know and love Sig. Love his narrative style and perspective taking. A different, but highly worthy listen in an already overcrowded space.

Fantasy Pros- RIP Mike Tagliere- a class act and a sharp analytical mind. Honestly, I listen to FP less now but I'd recommend them for at least a trial.

JJ Zacharison- The perfect 20 minute podcast. The intersection of action research, theory, and pragmatism. 

For those folks with a Sirius/XM subscription, John Hansen is a fun listen. (Plus I'm biased as we are both borderline boomers.)

In the end, I'm looking for well reasoned podcasts, born of analytics and research that have some quantitative element. That having been said, I do like the qualitative element as well. Sometimes, you look at a team or player, see a particular scheme or concept, and theorize a particular outcome- you may not be able to codify it through data, but your eyes tell you something. The best podcasters do both.

As I'm now over 50 and a parent, I can do without perpetual profanity. A bomb here or there is OK (and uniquely human) but a logic chain full of bombs completely distracts from the point being made. 

I listen to all of those mentioned by Ack88 above when I’m running, as well as several others. For dynasty leagues, DLF is really good too. 

I get through them quickly by listening at 1.5x speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to get into the podcast scene.

On the iPhone App Store, which "podcast" app should I use?  Also, do I just then search for podcasts mentioned in this thread?  Any FAQ (or sage advice) is greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to get into the podcast scene.

On the iPhone App Store, which "podcast" app should I use?  Also, do I just then search for podcasts mentioned in this thread?  Any FAQ (or sage advice) is greatly appreciated.
I use the built in “Podcasts” (purple) app on the iPhone and then just search.

Users who are viewing this thread