What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Golf Thread - Where ya playing, what ya shooting, tips, etc. (1 Viewer)

mquinnjr

Footballguy
Go here, didn't see this thread in the search, which is 6+ pages long: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=702705&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Didn't see a thread for this in search, figured I'd fire one up.

Envisioning this as a clearinghouse for FBG's who play golf and want to do some golf chat. Where you're playing, what you're shooting, are you in a league, things in your game you're working on/tips for other FBG's, etc.

I'm a recreational golfer, started playing about 6 years ago and absolutely love it. I'm not very good, but I just think it's a great way to spend a nice day out with people from work, friends, family who also play. Took lessons first and foremost, which has allowed me to put at least a social game together, sometimes a lot better, sometimes horrific. Over the course of the last few years, bought new clubs piecemeal to replace my starter clubs, and now have my own set. Taylor Made R7 10.5 driver, Adams Golf Speedline Fairway Wood Hybrid, Cleveland Golf Hybrid iron set 3-PW, Cleveland Golf Sand Wedge, Taylor Made Rossa Corzina mallet putter. Hope I have these clubs for a long time, and I feel like I should since I don't play enough to wear them out quickly.

Shot a 101 today at High Bridge Hills in northern NJ, not good. But, par'ed 4 holes, which feels good/is good for me. One of those days where I played par-double bogey golf on most of the course, and had what I like to refer to as 4-5 holes where I just completely "self-destructed" and triple bogeyed or worse (I count all strokes and penalties, no BS). Only lost 2 balls, which is good. Got stuck in two traps and couldn't get out, really need to go work on that at a range with a trap. Great on the driver, and had a few chunked approach shots when I was getting tired on the back 9, which are spirit-breaking.

Humbling game, but I'll keep coming back just for that one good shot/hole/series of holes. Didn't get out a whole lot last summer, but joined a 9-hole after work league this year, and can already see my game improving just from repetition. Trying to work down to mid-low 90's golf, which is where I feel like I should be by the end of the summer into the fall. Would love to get down to consistent high-mid 80's golf, but that's a long-term reach goal.

Whatcha got?

Last edited by a moderator:
add some weight to your front foot. Exaggerate even. Try it.. Helped me when starting out
Awesome, yep that's what I was told to do by someone I was playing with today, worked. Might need a refresher lesson on the bunker, but definitely need to practice it.

Users who are viewing this thread