What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (8 Viewers)

Chicago trades pick 37 to Detroit for 61 & 73.
:kicksrock:
Titans pick available for a similar deal
I'll trade #64 and #71 for #38, assuming Detroit doesn't take the guy I want.
My guy is still here, should I take that thumbs up as an accept? @-OZ-

I'm not in a hurry. The thumbs up is a little difficult to interpret, but what else could it mean? Your call but I doubt OZ will mind you picking and getting those two picks.
That was kinda my theory, what else could it mean? I'll give it a few more minutes, and then make a pick.

I’ll be in a meeting for a while
My guy is still here, should I take that thumbs up as an accept? @-OZ-

I'm not in a hurry. The thumbs up is a little difficult to interpret, but what else could it mean? Your call but I doubt OZ will mind you picking and getting those two picks.
sorry about that. I meant to reply but got caught up in a meeting.
Accepted

The Arizona Cardinals trade the #64 and #71 pick to the Tennessee Titans.

With the 38th pick of the draft the Arizona Cardinals select Payton Wilson LB NC State

After going all-in early on offense, a defensive pick was needed. I think Wilson is an elite prospect on the field. He can blitz, he can cover well, and he's an elite tackler. At 6-4 233 he's got close to ideal size, he could probably get up to 240, as well as 4.43 speed. He's also an outstanding leader and has with a very high IQ/play rec. The only reasons he's not a top pick, is because A) he'll be 24 week 1, and B) he's had a torn ACL in his past, although it was 2021. Strictly speaking on-field, I think he's a better prospect than Jack Campbell was last year. He's incredibly well rounded and not only a week 1 starter, but possibly even wearing the green dot as a rookie.

It might be a high price to pay to move up for a LB, but I think he's BY FAR the best one in the class, and he was never making it to #64.

With that, the Cardinals are out of picks in the top-3 rounds. Marvin Harrison, Troy Fautanu, Ladd McConkey, and Payton Wilson are all in my personal top-25 players overall, and I think help make the Cards a very dangerous team next year, and especially going forward.

@SoBeDad
Another big plus which you might have mentioned, Barton can play RG/LG for Year 1 but he was a starter at Tackle for Duke and a pretty good one I might add.
He's 24th overall on a few sites that rate prospects and you took him 35, picked up an extra draft pick for Miami in the process
But my larger point is he can unseat Armstead by Year 2 and my guess is we would see him start at Left Tackle as soon as Armstead misses a few games which he will.
Right Tackle is a different position for Miami with Tua being a lefty but I can also see him moved there if needed. Jackson has missed significant time as well.

This guy can play several positions along the OL, something Miami really needs
I would not be the least upset if what has unfolded so far, actually happened on Draft Day

With the 38th pick of the draft the Arizona Cardinals select Payton Wilson LB NC State

After going all-in early on offense, a defensive pick was needed. I think Wilson is an elite prospect on the field. He can blitz, he can cover well, and he's an elite tackler. At 6-4 233 he's got close to ideal size, he could probably get up to 240, as well as 4.43 speed. He's also an outstanding leader and has with a very high IQ/play rec. The only reasons he's not a top pick, is because A) he'll be 24 week 1, and B) he's had a torn ACL in his past, although it was 2021. Strictly speaking on-field, I think he's a better prospect than Jack Campbell was last year. He's incredibly well rounded and not only a week 1 starter, but possibly even wearing the green dot as a rookie.

It might be a high price to pay to move up for a LB, but I think he's BY FAR the best one in the class, and he was never making it to #64.

With that, the Cardinals are out of picks in the top-3 rounds. Marvin Harrison, Troy Fautanu, Ladd McConkey, and Payton Wilson are all in my personal top-25 players overall, and I think help make the Cards a very dangerous team next year, and especially going forward.
I hate you :lol:

Outstanding pick, this guys is a beast and I was definitely going to grab him for the Falcons to pair with DeJean and put a couple playmakers on their Defense
This guy can do it all, Edge, other spots in the LB corp, he will make any team better instantly in their Front 7
Top 5-10 defensive player overall for me coming into the Draft
Luke Keuchly mold here

Cheers!

Good pick. Had we stayed in place he’d be a Titan right now.

Outstanding pick, this guys is a beast and I was definitely going to grab him for the Falcons to pair with DeJean and put a couple playmakers on their Defense
This guy can do it all, Edge, other spots in the LB corp, he will make any team better instantly in their Front 7
Luke Keuchly mold here

Cheers!
When I traded down from #27 to #32, it was with the idea that I had 5 guys in my top-25 left. Wiggins, McConkey, Barton, Wilson, and Frazier. Very happy to have gotten 2 of them, even though I ended up turning 6 top-100 picks into just 4. Quality>Quantity I suppose.

Washington Commanders
Round 2, pick #40 -- TE Ben Sinnott, Kansas State

Maybe a slight reach by the Commanders at a position of need but Sinnott's stock has been on the rise since the NFL Combine. He moves well for a big man and has soft hands with some YAC ability but needs to improve his blocking.

Raiders still looking to trade down from 44. Requesting two day-2 picks, and willing to throw in a day 3 pick in return to balance out the trade value points as needed.

Looking to potentially trade the Raiders 2024 2nd (#44 - 460 pts) and 4th (#112 - 70 pts) for someone's lower 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Cleveland is one team I was looking at, as their 2nd and 4th combine for 525 pts; they have not had a pick yet at all and may want to move up to grab a target. But I don't see anyone managing their picks.
I dont even see any picks by Cleveland :ponder: did i just miss it?
They traded their pick for a massage table. First page of the thread.

Raiders still looking to trade down from 44. Requesting two day-2 picks, and willing to throw in a day 3 pick in return to balance out the trade value points as needed.
Would love to move up, but with 49ers picks being so far down, tough to do

Just popped up on my X...

What Zow did here is sexy as can be, and my opinion on Bowers is close to my opinion on Super Man, but Harbaugh ain't about that life...

9) Los Angeles Chargers (via Chicago Bears) - WR Rome Odunze
10) Las Vegas Raiders (via New York Jets) - Taliese Fuaga, OT - Oregon State
11) Los Angeles Chargers (via Minnesota Vikings) - TE Brock Bowers

He's building an OL first.

Personally, I love his thinking. I suppose he'll take Alt at 5, but being in an ideal trade down spot, who knows. If they wrangle a deal like Zow did and take two of these top OLs, that would be something.

Just popped up on my X...

What Zow did here is sexy as can be, and my opinion on Bowers is close to my opinion on Super Man, but Harbaugh ain't about that life...

9) Los Angeles Chargers (via Chicago Bears) - WR Rome Odunze
10) Las Vegas Raiders (via New York Jets) - Taliese Fuaga, OT - Oregon State
11) Los Angeles Chargers (via Minnesota Vikings) - TE Brock Bowers

He's building an OL first.

Personally, I love his thinking. I suppose he'll take Alt at 5, but being in an ideal trade down spot, who knows. If they wrangle a deal like Zow did and take two of these top OLs, that would be something.

Knowing (and agreeing with) Harbaugh's philosophy is exactly why I made the trade to jump him for Fuaga.

Again. Would probably trade down. Would love to take WR as see value big time here. But no offers came in for the hour. So just pick now

#41. Packers Yale Max Melton CB Rutgers

Really rising. Super fast and a huge playmaker on D. Love these guys that can create havoc. I gave thoughts to other needs and the WR but going with helping now

Luke Keuchly mold here

Cheers!
When I traded down from #27 to #32, it was with the idea that I had 5 guys in my top-25 left. Wiggins, McConkey, Barton, Wilson, and Frazier. Very happy to have gotten 2 of them, even though I ended up turning 6 top-100 picks into just 4. Quality>Quantity I suppose.
I am also happy to have gotten 2 of them lol

Waiting to pull the trigger for the Falcons at Pick #43

Atlanta/MoP not likely to trade down BUT if you have an offer, NOW would be the time because as soon as #42 is called, pretty comfortable with the 2-3 guys on my short list.

And there has been a trade (in my best Rich Eisen voice)

The SF 49ers acquire pick 2.44 from the LV Raiders in exchange for picks:

Last edited:

He was on my Packer thoughts but than read this and he was gone

because the medicals will tell everything of where he falls. He tore his ACL and missed his senior year of high school. Tore his ACL and missed his freshman year at NC State. He turns 24 in three weeks because he was there six years. He had another season-ending injury in ’21 as well, his then-sophomore year. So two season-ending injuries in college, a season-ending injury in high school. Around all of that was, I don’t know, 39 tackles for loss and 13 sacks as a (high school) junior and Ohio State and Clemson and everybody came out of the woodwork wanting him, and then he missed his senior year and as I said, ended up at NC State (with) two ACL (tears), three season-ending injuries over his career. That makes you really, really nervous.”

As guy who drafted Leighton Vander Esch

because the medicals will tell everything of where he falls. He tore his ACL and missed his senior year of high school. Tore his ACL and missed his freshman year at NC State. He turns 24 in three weeks because he was there six years. He had another season-ending injury in ’21 as well, his then-sophomore year. So two season-ending injuries in college, a season-ending injury in high school. Around all of that was, I don’t know, 39 tackles for loss and 13 sacks as a (high school) junior and Ohio State and Clemson and everybody came out of the woodwork wanting him, and then he missed his senior year and as I said, ended up at NC State (with) two ACL (tears), three season-ending injuries over his career. That makes you really, really nervous.”

ACL tears don't worry me so much. Especially when they come before the age of 22. Obviously, it'd be better if he didn't have them, but I don't see it as some evdience that he's gonna be injury prone going forward. ACL tears are pretty fluke injuries.

Vander Esch is a completely different animal, as it was repeated neck injuries. Neck/spine stuff is a career killer. In my opinion, there is a hierarchy of injuries:
1. Neck/spine
2. Multiple concussions
3. Achilles

Beyond those 3, I'm not really worried about injury history. I feel like if Wilson didn't have the ACL tears and was 22 instead of 24, we'd be talking about possibly the 1st defensive player taken in this class, and a top-10 pick. I think just on-field, he's the best LB prospect since Roquan Smith. The age honestly bothers me more than the injury history.

Looks like we may have lost MoP for the night. If he miraculously shows up, the next 2 after him are here.

2.43 Kris Jenkins DT, Michigan

-Falcons need help all along the DL, not my fault the Edge rushers are unimpressive but Jenkins was a potential 1st Rd pick on sites like Walter Football and h certainly has gotten my attention watching Michigan compete in recent seasons. There's another DT I would have taken if Jenkins had not made it but certainly the pool of talent will be MUCH less in the Mid Late 70s picks coming back in the 3rd Round

-Another consideration is making the Falcons less easy to run on, you don't want to see Cousins sitting on the bench for long stints
WR was another consideration but I feel Cousins will make some of the Falcons recent 1st Rd picks at the skill positions look much better. It's not as dire as some outlets think

Sorry for the delay @TheWinz

2.43 Kris Jenkins DT, Michigan

-Falcons need help all along the DL, not my fault the Edge rushers are unimpressive but Jenkins was a potential 1st Rd pick on sites like Walter Football and h certainly has gotten my attention watching Michigan compete in recent seasons. There's another DT I would have taken if Jenkins had not made it but certainly the pool of talent will be MUCH less in the Mid Late 70s picks coming back in the 3rd Round

-Another consideration is making the Falcons less easy to run on, you don't want to see Cousins sitting on the bench for long stints
WR was another consideration but I feel Cousins will make some of the Falcons recent 1st Rd picks at the skill positions look much better. It's not as dire as some outlets think

Sorry for the delay @TheWinz
I also do not think the Falcons have a pressing need at WR. London is poised to break out this year, with Pitts and Bijan salivating at the chance to play with an actual QB. Heck, I could be their WR2.

25) Green Bay Packers - OT - Amarius Mims
26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
27) Kansas City Chiefs (via Arizona Cardinals (from Houston)) - Brian Thomas Jr, WR LSU
28) Buffalo Bills - Adonai Mitchell, WR Texas
29) Detroit Lions - Kool Aid Mckinstry CB, Alabama
30) Baltimore Ravens - Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma
31) San Francisco 49ers - Nate Wiggins CB Clemson
32) Arizona Cardinals (via Kansas City Chiefs) - Ladd McConkey WR Georgia

Round 2​

33) Carolina Panthers - Edge Chris Braswell, Alabama
34) New England Patriots - Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
35) Miami Dolphins (via Arizona Cardinals) - OL, Graham Barton, Duke
36) Washington Commanders - OT Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
37) Detroit Lions (via Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Chargers)) - Zach Frazier IOL West Virginia
38) Arizona Cardinals (via Tennessee Titans) - Payton Wilson LB NC State
39) Carolina Panthers (from N.Y. Giants) - Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
40) Washington Commanders (from Chicago) - TE Ben Sinnott, Kansas State
41) Green Bay Packers (from N.Y. Jets) - Max Melton CB Rutgers
42) Houston Texans (from Minnesota) - T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
43) Atlanta Falcons - 2.43 Kris Jenkins DT, Michigan
44) San Francisco 49ers (via Las Vegas Raiders) - Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
45) New Orleans Saints (from Denver) - Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina
46) Indianapolis Colts
47) New York Giants (from Seattle)

Last edited:
2.44 Xavier Worthy WR, Texas

Well, so much for working on the OL early in the draft, but want to give our young QB a true deep weapon and also protect against losing either Deebo (more likely) or Aiyuk (think he will sign an extension) in 2025. While I like Jennings as a #3 WR, he plays more like a TE than a WR and Worthy will make the offense even more dangerous.

Strengths:

• Fast
  • Explosive
  • Burst off the line and out of breaks
  • Consistently creates separation
  • Deep-threat receiver
  • Good concentration
  • Second-gear speed
  • Tracks the ball well
  • Threat to score on any touch
  • Stretches a defense vertically
  • Plays tough
  • Dangerous punt returner
Only negative seems to be his slight build but if he was 6'1" AND 200 pounds, he wouldn't be available at pick 44.

Even with trading away the 3rd and 4th rounder to move up for Worthy, SF still has 2 4ths, a 5th, 2 6ths and a 7th, so they can take some dart throws at OL later.

With the 45th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft
the New Orleans Saints select
WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina

At 6'1" and 221 pounds, he ran a blistering 4.39. Yes, he's a work in progress, but guess who else was the 9th WR taken just a few years ago? None other than DK Metcalf, and Legette has been comped with him. Steve Smith Sr. said he thinks Legette is even a bit more advanced coming out of college. Either way, it won't take long to figure out if he is the real deal, but he's worth a shot.

@smbkrypt24 you are now up at 2.46

At pick 2.46 The Indianapolis colts select:

Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia

This is an area of need for the Colts. They have some young corners that played well last year and this helps bolster that.
Other areas the colts will be looking at here is either edge, if not in first round, or a playmaker on offense. I didn’t like the options left so I want CB. I think safety could be addressed in the next few rounds.

Giants - 2.47 - Ennis Rakestraw Jr., CB, Missouri

I think QB is the biggest need because I have no confidence in Daniel Jones, but CB is the #2 team need IMO. Even before they lost Jackson, they still needed help at CB, but now that Jackson is a FA and it doesn't look like he'll be back, this is a major need. Based on the rankings for ESPN and CBS, Rakestraw is a very good value here, and arguably the best player available. I like the convergence of team need and BPA with this pick.

Last edited:
@Birdie048 drafting for Carolina takes...

2.6 Carolina Panthers (via NY Giants) - Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
I will away for next few hours ... Carolina Pick #39

If Available, I am looking for Panthers to take WR Troy Franklin Oregon

I can do the write up later... Don't want to be the slow cog...

@Birdie048 drafting for Carolina takes...

2.6 Carolina Panthers (via NY Giants) - Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
I will away for next few hours ... Carolina Pick #39

If Available, I am looking for Panthers to take WR Troy Franklin Oregon

I can do the write up later... Don't want to be the slow cog...
Great value 👍
Thanks @Chaos34
As posted Pick #39 Troy Franklin WR from Oregon

Panthers needs young talented WR to help Bryce Young development and growth.

The just turned 21 yo Franklin has the size, speed and hands to contribute immediately along side Dionte Johnson.
The 6'2" 190 lb Oregon product was key to the Ducks' success and he showed his speed with 4.41 time 40
Even though he was recovering from the flu at the combine, he still performed well.
His last 2 season produced > 140 rec and >2000 yards with 23 TDs
And he is still developing his skills!

ACL tears don't worry me so much. Especially when they come before the age of 22. Obviously, it'd be better if he didn't have them, but I don't see it as some evdience that he's gonna be injury prone going forward. ACL tears are pretty fluke injuries.

Vander Esch is a completely different animal, as it was repeated neck injuries. Neck/spine stuff is a career killer. In my opinion, there is a hierarchy of injuries:
1. Neck/spine
2. Multiple concussions
3. Achilles

Beyond those 3, I'm not really worried about injury history. I feel like if Wilson didn't have the ACL tears and was 22 instead of 24, we'd be talking about possibly the 1st defensive player taken in this class, and a top-10 pick. I think just on-field, he's the best LB prospect since Roquan Smith. The age honestly bothers me more than the injury history.

The Panthers seriously considered Payton Wilson NCSU LB but due to his age and extensive injury history, felt there was better value elsewhere.
Agree he is a highly talented player but the rebuilding process in Carolina will need a long tenured Def centerpiece.
We wish him luck in Arizona.

Washington Commanders
Round 2, pick #40 -- TE Ben Sinnott, Kansas State

Maybe a slight reach by the Commanders at a position of need but Sinnott's stock has been on the rise since the NFL Combine. He moves well for a big man and has soft hands with some YAC ability but needs to improve his blocking.
Excellent selection Washington. He was on the Panthers short list as well.

With the 48th pick Jacksonville Jaguars select Edge Darius Robinson Missouri.

Another need addressed, looking at WR as well but with Franklin going a few picks earlier Edge is the pick as WR depth still exists.

Great size and frame, NFL-ready body. Has room for growth if need be, too.
Strong and physical at the point of attack to stand up offensive tackles at the line of scrimmage and defense the run game.

Atlanta Falcons - Picks 74 and 79, both 3rd Rd

-Again I'm on the road starting right about now, will try and check in but if ANYONE wants to jump in, be my guest.
Cheers!

With the 48th pick Jacksonville Jaguars select Edge Darius Robinson Missouri.

Another need addressed, looking at WR as well but with Franklin going a few picks earlier Edge is the pick as WR depth still exists.

Great size and frame, NFL-ready body. Has room for growth if need be, too.
Strong and physical at the point of attack to stand up offensive tackles at the line of scrimmage and defense the run game.
It was too much to think he might fall to 64 but he was on top of our short list of hopefuls.
Good pick, pairs well with the team and your new speedy corner.

Users who are viewing this thread