What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG PC Free Agency / Blind Bidding process (1 Viewer)

Seven Above

Footballguy
Clearly the FBG PC is new, so perhaps there isn't a huge amount of experience on this, but I have a few questions on how the FA/BB process works (first two for the mods, the third perhaps for guys with experience in FPC?):

1) Is it necessary to drop a player from your roster in order to make space before the Friday 8pm deadline? Or do you designate that you want to drop a player in exchange for the one you are bidding on?

2) In case you don't get the player you wanted, is there any opportunity to pick up players after the FA process? I'm thinking of a bye-week kicker replacement, for example - in this scenario, is it necessary to bid on multiple kickers to ensure you get one, or can you grab one afterwards?

3) I'm trying to get a sense as to the relative amounts of Free Agency Dollars I should expect to spend on different types of players. I'm assuming kickers are a few bucks, but if there's an unrostered breakout player I assume you have to bid high, or put in numerous bids in progression?

Appreciate any info, thanks...

Seven Above said:
Clearly the FBG PC is new, so perhaps there isn't a huge amount of experience on this, but I have a few questions on how the FA/BB process works (first two for the mods, the third perhaps for guys with experience in FPC?):

1) Is it necessary to drop a player from your roster in order to make space before the Friday 8pm deadline? Or do you designate that you want to drop a player in exchange for the one you are bidding on?

You designate your drop when you are deciding who you are bidding on. If you don't win the bids, you don't drop anyone.

2) In case you don't get the player you wanted, is there any opportunity to pick up players after the FA process? I'm thinking of a bye-week kicker replacement, for example - in this scenario, is it necessary to bid on multiple kickers to ensure you get one, or can you grab one afterwards?

No, when the bids are awarded the FA period is done for the week. You will need to make sure you get what you need before the period closes.

3) I'm trying to get a sense as to the relative amounts of Free Agency Dollars I should expect to spend on different types of players. I'm assuming kickers are a few bucks, but if there's an unrostered breakout player I assume you have to bid high, or put in numerous bids in progression?

Couldn't even begin to guess as every league can be very different. Some people get relative bargains, others will overpay by a lot. Some will blow their entire budget on a big name FA. Hope that helps.

Appreciate any info, thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
As far a numerous bids in progression - this will not work. It will always take your highest bid on a player. This is not an auction.

I made 2 bid groups.

Bid group 1: Add Mark Clayton for $700, then BenJarvus Green Ellis for $200...release Larry Johnson

Bid group 2: Add BenJarvus Green Ellis for $150...release Nate Washington

I got awarded BenJarvus Green Ellis for $200 and Johnson release...Beside Clayton it says: $700 Mark Clayton, WR STL Out bid, winning bid $399

League 09.08.10e

No idea how this makes sense as the way I read it and put my bids I should have Clayton and Green-Ellis for $850 of my cap.

Posting here to see if response from Alex or Dave as well as contacting the site directly.

Thanks.

I made 2 bid groups.Bid group 1: Add Mark Clayton for $700, then BenJarvus Green Ellis for $200...release Larry JohnsonBid group 2: Add BenJarvus Green Ellis for $150...release Nate WashingtonI got awarded BenJarvus Green Ellis for $200 and Johnson release...Beside Clayton it says: $700 Mark Clayton, WR STL Out bid, winning bid $399League 09.08.10eNo idea how this makes sense as the way I read it and put my bids I should have Clayton and Green-Ellis for $850 of my cap.Posting here to see if response from Alex or Dave as well as contacting the site directly.Thanks.
Emails directly to Alex, Dave, and Chris will get there a lot faster than a post on a message board off their site

Does it not show historically how much the WW bids were processed for? I want to see how much players went for, it only shows the transactions for week 2, no $$. Am I missing something?

Does it not show historically how much the WW bids were processed for? I want to see how much players went for, it only shows the transactions for week 2, no $$. Am I missing something?
They have something not working correctly ....when you go to Reports > Waiver Wire it should let you see previous weeks as well as current results (Friday/Sat/Sun)

They have something not working correctly ....when you go to Reports > Waiver Wire it should let you see previous weeks as well as current results (Friday/Sat/Sun)
I think there should be a drop down menu showing Week 1, 2, etc. I have asked RTSports to take a look at it and expect this to be added shortly.

I made 2 bid groups.Bid group 1: Add Mark Clayton for $700, then BenJarvus Green Ellis for $200...release Larry JohnsonBid group 2: Add BenJarvus Green Ellis for $150...release Nate WashingtonI got awarded BenJarvus Green Ellis for $200 and Johnson release...Beside Clayton it says: $700 Mark Clayton, WR STL Out bid, winning bid $399League 09.08.10eNo idea how this makes sense as the way I read it and put my bids I should have Clayton and Green-Ellis for $850 of my cap.Posting here to see if response from Alex or Dave as well as contacting the site directly.Thanks.
So what happened? Was it just a mistake or is there something strange about the bidding process I don't understand? It seems to me like you should have received Clayton also.

So what happened? Was it just a mistake or is there something strange about the bidding process I don't understand? It seems to me like you should have received Clayton also.
This was the final league of the FPC and with all the last second craziness, it was set up incorrectly by us. Thus, RTSports had to process the waivers manually so this ended up being somewhat of a human error. It was corrected and will not happen again. Overall, the bidding system is working perfectly.

Good golly, this waiver system should win a Rube Goldberg award.

Apparently being able to change the amount of one bid is too simple, better to just have people delete the entire dang group and start from scratch. Heaven forbid we're allowed to rearrange the order of contingency bids without having to delete the entire group.

Why bother having an edit button? Should just be delete or new because you can't edit poopoo.

GloryDaze said:
Good golly, this waiver system should win a Rube Goldberg award.Apparently being able to change the amount of one bid is too simple, better to just have people delete the entire dang group and start from scratch. Heaven forbid we're allowed to rearrange the order of contingency bids without having to delete the entire group.Why bother having an edit button? Should just be delete or new because you can't edit poopoo.
Agreed--there's a lot not to like about this system but that has to be the worst.

Good golly, this waiver system should win a Rube Goldberg award.Apparently being able to change the amount of one bid is too simple, better to just have people delete the entire dang group and start from scratch. Heaven forbid we're allowed to rearrange the order of contingency bids without having to delete the entire group.Why bother having an edit button? Should just be delete or new because you can't edit poopoo.
Agreed--there's a lot not to like about this system but that has to be the worst.
Not to mention you can't sort the free agents by how many points they've scored, going through them alphabetically blows. Add the fact that there is no FCFS and I doubt I'll be doing this league again.

Definitely not a fan of this system at all.

I understand it makes it somewhat fair, but all of the stuff mentioned before make it a headache.

MFL does it so much cleaner and easier.

Not to mention you can't sort the free agents by how many points they've scored, going through them alphabetically blows. Add the fact that there is no FCFS and I doubt I'll be doing this league again.
OF COURSE you can.....all the categories are sortable.....click on whatever the top of the points column is (total/all?)....it may go to 0s on top (ascending) so click again to get descendingI agree it is not the best system but let's be fair in the complaints/suggestions

OF COURSE you can.....all the categories are sortable.....click on whatever the top of the points column is (total/all?)....it may go to 0s on top (ascending) so click again to get descendingI agree it is not the best system but let's be fair in the complaints/suggestions
There is no points column.

You can find and sort players anyway you want in the reports>top players. Then go to waivers and sort by name or team.

Does anyone know how the priority is placed on bid groups?

For instance, I have 2 groups selected. Group 1 consists of all RBs. Group 2 consist of all QBs. This is how I input them:

Group 1:

add:

rb1

rb2

rb3

rb4

drop:

rbx

Group 2:

add:

qb1

qb2

qb3

qb4

drop:

rbx

qbx

My intention is to drop player "rbx" first, and if successful in picking up a rb (in Group 1), that I would drop "qbx" in Group 2. But will it process Group 2 before Group 1? Logical thinking would say to give preference to the Group submitted first, but that did not happen this past week on the ww and I'm trying to figure out if I did something wrong or if the system messed up.

I've emailed and called them a couple of times to try and get these questions answered but have received no response to date so figured I'd try to get some assistance here instead. Thanks.

You can find and sort players anyway you want in the reports>top players. Then go to waivers and sort by name or team.
I can also get on my roof if I stand on a garbage can, get on my shed, shimmy up a tree, and flip onto the house. But I'd rather just use a ladder.This bidding system is unbelievably tedious. We're in the 21st century, c'mon man.

Does anyone know how the priority is placed on bid groupsMy intention is to drop player "rbx" first, and if successful in picking up a rb (in Group 1), that I would drop "qbx" in Group 2. But will it process Group 2 before Group 1? Logical thinking would say to give preference to the Group submitted first, but that did not happen this past week on the ww and I'm trying to figure out if I did something wrong or if the system messed up.I've emailed and called them a couple of times to try and get these questions answered but have received no response to date so figured I'd try to get some assistance here instead. Thanks.
In the fine print, you'll see that the bids gets processed by bid amount regardless of group. So if your high bid in group 2 triggered first before your group 1 bid, that rbx player got dropped and there was noone else left to drop in your group 1. Had you added qbx in the drop list in group 1, you would have been fine.

Does anyone know how the priority is placed on bid groups?For instance, I have 2 groups selected. Group 1 consists of all RBs. Group 2 consist of all QBs. This is how I input them:Group 1:add:rb1rb2rb3rb4drop: rbxGroup 2:add:qb1qb2qb3qb4drop:rbxqbxMy intention is to drop player "rbx" first, and if successful in picking up a rb (in Group 1), that I would drop "qbx" in Group 2. But will it process Group 2 before Group 1? Logical thinking would say to give preference to the Group submitted first, but that did not happen this past week on the ww and I'm trying to figure out if I did something wrong or if the system messed up.I've emailed and called them a couple of times to try and get these questions answered but have received no response to date so figured I'd try to get some assistance here instead. Thanks.
from instructions/info on the site:Player Awards: •The first player awarded will be the player with the highest primary bid, regardless of contigent bids. •Once a player has been awarded all losing bids for that player will be cancelled. •If a primary bid is cancelled, the first contigent bid will become the new primary bid for that bid group. •After the first award and all losing bids are cancelled, the second player will be awarded to the highest remaining primary bid. •Again after the second player has been awarded all losing bids for that second player will be cancelled. •If a primary bid is cancelled, the next next highest remaining contigent bid will be come the primary bid for that bid group. •This process repeats until all bids have been awarded or cancelled. •You will receive at most one player from each bid group. •Once a player from the bid group has been awarded to your team, all remaining contigent bids in the group will be cancelled. Player Drops: •Players will be dropped only if necessary to make room for the player being awarded. •Drops will be evaluated in order, considering as may potential drops as listed to make room for the waiver claim on your team's roster. •If a player on your drop list has already been released, then next player down on the list will be considered for release. •If no drops are listed and your roster is full, you will not receive the waiver claim as their would be no room on your roster.

GloryDaze said:
Raptors said:
Does anyone know how the priority is placed on bid groupsMy intention is to drop player "rbx" first, and if successful in picking up a rb (in Group 1), that I would drop "qbx" in Group 2. But will it process Group 2 before Group 1? Logical thinking would say to give preference to the Group submitted first, but that did not happen this past week on the ww and I'm trying to figure out if I did something wrong or if the system messed up.I've emailed and called them a couple of times to try and get these questions answered but have received no response to date so figured I'd try to get some assistance here instead. Thanks.
In the fine print, you'll see that the bids gets processed by bid amount regardless of group. So if your high bid in group 2 triggered first before your group 1 bid, that rbx player got dropped and there was noone else left to drop in your group 1. Had you added qbx in the drop list in group 1, you would have been fine.
I'm pretty sure I tried to add qbx to Group 1 and the system wouldn't let me due to having the same drops listed in Group 2. I'll test it again when waivers open up again to see if I can duplicate the issue. BTW, what if the bid amounts were the same? Which bid gets processed first in that event? I'm not overly happy with the bidding system the way it stands, but we all work with the same one, so there's not much point in complaining about it.Now, the next question...how can I submit my lineup for week 4 now? I'm going away for the week and would like to ensure I have a relatively decent lineup set now before I go in case I don't make it back in time.

I've checked on this matter since I had a similar need, and there is no way to submit a line-up in advance on the RTS web-site. Line-ups may be submitted starting Tuesday mornings beginning at 7:00 AM (but not sure which time zone that is - best guess is CST), but only for that current week's match-up.

I don't know what sort of workaround options may/are available to RTS users, no matter whose leagues are being hosted thereon.

GL, and let us all know what sort of options you "might" uncover and/or cause to be created for use in this regards.

Users who are viewing this thread