What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Sync w Yahoo Cost Me My Week (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Due to byes I had to grab a WR off waivers... Ended up taking Ginn as he was the highest ranked WR left on waivers after I used the FBG Sync and Dodds' projections.

Without the sync I wouldnt have thought of Ginn and grabbed someone like Marlon Brown, who I have seen play this season.

Unreal. If I wasn't so proud, Id ask for a refund

Let me get this straight. You're too proud to ask for a refund but not proud enough to admit to an entire FF board that you cant make your own decisions about which waiver wire pickups to make each week?

Counterpoint: FBG Sync projected Case Keenum would outscore my current starter so I picked him up and played him. The point differential between those players will win me my week.

:ptts:

Ginn is a no3 wr on CAR. Brown the no2.

I didnt know that until now. FBG shouldve made that aware

I read the title and assumed something systemic with FBG cost you a loss. You should reword that. You lost because you didn't score more points than your opponent, not because of anything to do with FBG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to byes I had to grab a WR off waivers... Ended up taking Ginn as he was the highest ranked WR left on waivers after I used the FBG Sync and Dodds' projections.

Without the sync I wouldnt have thought of Ginn and grabbed someone like Marlon Brown, who I have seen play this season.

Unreal. If I wasn't so proud, Id ask for a refund
Wow, I know we all do it. We try to blame others when we are really at fault. This is a pretty extreme example. You are really grasping.

Last 2 weeks before this one I started the wrong guys and still won both games by less then 1 point. Better to be lucky then good I say.

You and the guy who is still crying about Bullock should start a support group.

Nice troll, if you're trolling. It's going to get lots and lots of bites.

If lafell was available i wouldve grabbed him.

Like i said, GINN was the highest ranked player left on our waivers.

FBG can you please, in the future, think these ranking through a tad better

Considering the cost and site prestige you should be nothing but no1 in projection accuracy

It isnt rocket science. If i batted .600 at my job, id be fired immediately

This thread is a joke right???

I want you to refund me the 15 seconds of my life i just wasted here!

While Dodds is playing with my subscription fee over at fanduel and winning himself his mortgage on his third house, I may have lost my chance at our 300$ year end bounty.

I bet in his personal rank sheet he had Brown above Ginn

Show it to me, David

FBG's had Ginn projected for 4/46 an Brown projected for 3/40.

Next time look at the numbers and realize it's a crapshoot.

While Dodds is playing with my subscription fee over at fanduel and winning himself his mortgage on his third house, I may have lost my chance at our 300$ year end bounty.

Show it to me, David
Seriously. Step back and think about it for one second and you will agree with probably 99% of us.

Yep, you got it. Your a tool.

Damn, I read through this whole thing thinking this was real haha. OP has made it clear it was a joke now though. Ugh.

Soulfly3 said:
Dirtybird said:
Plorfu said:
Sounds like you were bullied. Maybe you should take a leave of absence.
Missed this first time around. Awesome post!

:goodposting:
I am being bullied by a bunch of unsympathetic buttkissers.

I thought a few of you would jump to my side and voice their discontent at this brutal prognostication. how can they be SO wrong about Brown v Ginn this week?
You should be really upset at Joe Flacco and Cam Newton! Those jerks didn't read the rankings. This is obviously their fault. If they had read the rankings and realized what was expected of each one of those receivers they would have targeted them appropriately.

If only NFL players paid attention to your make believe team we wouldn't be in this position. Your outrage should be directed at Joe and Cam! Those bastards!!

Soulfly3 said:

Considering the cost and site prestige you should be nothing but no1 in projection accuracy

Do you look at the actual projections or just the rankings? If you look at the projections, you'll see FBG probably has 25 WRs between 4/40 and 5/50. A 2 point differenece. However, if you look at that in terms or rankings, player A might be ranked 26th (5/50) and player B might be ranked at 50 (4/40).

FBGs are extremely conservative on their weekly projections. I think this site has amazing resources, especially pre-draft, but they never promise to predict the true order and scoring at each position every week.

If I have a toss up between WRs and cant decide I look to see who has more targets. The way I see it is that the more targets the better chance for them to have a big game. Brown had 43 going into this week and Ginn had 32. Maybe you should have checked that out. If it was me I would have chose Brown. It's your fault for not using all that FBG has to offer and only using the projections to make your choice. Shame on you

Soulfly3 said:

Do you look at the actual projections or just the rankings? If you look at the projections, you'll see FBG probably has 25 WRs between 4/40 and 5/50. A 2 point differenece. However, if you look at that in terms or rankings, player A might be ranked 26th (5/50) and player B might be ranked at 50 (4/40).

FBGs are extremely conservative on their weekly projections. I think this site has amazing resources, especially pre-draft, but they never promise to predict the true order and scoring at each position every week.
This is all true. It is also true that the projections are totally useless as a result. I mean, TOTALLY useless. It is candy for FF nerds.

Soulfly3 said:
GULAM said:

Show it to me, David
:violin:

Same thing happened to me, but it was my fault for going against my gut. Had Foles in over Ryan all week, thinking he had more upside (& might go off) when half my roster was on bye. I switched them on Saturday, mainly due to all three FBG guys: Dodds, Tremblay, & Bloom; having Ryan over Foles. If only 1 had Foles, I might would have stuck with him & would have won this week. I still appreciate the service but should have gone with my gut.

ETA: this had nothing to do with sync though- I love that option! And mine was MFL not yahoo.

On that note, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Yahoo sync feature. It's very valuable for those of us who play in many leagues. I used to get anxiety over Tuesday night waivers, but now I can get the claims done for all 10 of my leagues in half an hour.

That's value added for me. Thanks FBG! I'll be back.

I have based every career decision on advice given in the Free For All and if they had a sync feature to link the FFA to my Magic Eight Ball that I usually use I would pay twice what I am now paying for the Lineup Synch feature. You are bitter because you don't use the tool appropriately. That said - had I FOLLOWED the lync this week I would have won my game - but in a moment of weakness I tried to think for myself. That will never happen again.

Soulfly3 said:

And if Robinson Cano batted .600 he'd be getting almost twice that 330mil he wants.

I'm sorry that you didn't want to look at depth charts, target numbers, or even stats leading up to this game before making your decision. These two players were ranked the same ostensibly, but you feel that one having a good game was SO WRONG?

Soulfly3 said:

Maybe you could consider just being a better fantasy owner, and decide on your own waiver pick-ups?

I hate the feeling of being embarrassed for someone.
True story--I once dated a girl who literally couldn't bare to watch The Office because her face would get red and she'd feel real, true embarrassment for Michael Scott. As if it were her own embarrassment.

She was pretty weird.

I'm not from around these here parts...

...but if I didn't know any better, I'd say this here has all the markings of a Hall of Fame post.

The tears flowed in unbridled rivers at the loss of your team.

ಠ_ಠ

Soulfly3 said:
Ahhh sh|t,

I was pretty into this thread but now I think OP Soulfly3 (two others??) might be a troll.

We all know Walmart greeters don't even say Hi Hi to half (.500) of the people that walk in.

Dammit, I've been had.

Soulfly3 said:
If you batted .600 at a Vegas sports book, you would be rich. Which is more like that: your job or predicting FF outcomes?

Users who are viewing this thread