What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Rate my team (1 Viewer)

TheFanatic

Footballguy
Not sure what was going on with the forums until a couple minutes ago, but I was bored and plugged in my team to the Rate my Team app. Looks like it is still using last year's preseason projectionsHere was the output for my team. Cracked me up:Disclaimer: Yes, my team is stacked. And please don't drop the "what are you in, a 4 team girl scout league?" I am in a dynasty league with a salary cap, player contracts, option years, franchise and transition tags, draft pick compensation for losing tagged players, deferred money when combined require a lawyer, team of accountants and an abbacus just to make a trade. It's a 10 team league that's been around since 2000 with 22 man rosters.

QB: Robert Griffin III, Peyton Manning, Matt Schaub RB: Adrian Peterson, Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, Ahmad Bradshaw, David Wilson, Chris Wells, Rashard Mendenhall, Robert Turbin WR: Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, Justin Blackmon TE: Heath Miller, Tony Moeaki PK: Sebastian Janikowski, Blair Walsh TD: Green Bay Packers, Baltimore Ravens Overview:In a competitive league, almost every team has a weakness. It's almost impossible to build a team that is strong at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and wide receiver). As you probably suspect, we perceive your weakness to be at the quarterback position. Of all the deficiencies to have though, this is usually the easiest one to mask. Footballguys owner David Dodds even recommends you go into your draft with the goal of landing the top RBs and WRs while waiting to grab QBs late. Value-Based Drafting principles also suggest that teams constructed in this manner end up being strong. But for this team to reach it's full potential, you might need to have a quick trigger finger at the QB position and stay on the look out for good quarterback help. Last year Cam Newton could be had very cheap in August and September, but ended up contributing to a lot of fantasy championships. In 2010 it was Michael Vick and Josh Freeman; in 2009 it was Brett Favre; in 2008, the same could be said of players like Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner, and Matt Cassel. Quarterbacks like these can be found every year, and that could be the key to your team's success. So although this team isn't perfect (few are), it should still be a strong contender. Players we particularly like on this team include Brandon Marshall, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Fred Jackson, David Wilson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Robert Turbin, and the Packers defense. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted. Bottom line: • With great inseason management, we think you have about a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs. • With good inseason management, we think you have about a 75 percent chance of making the playoffs. • With average inseason management, we think you have a 62 percent chance of making the playoffs. In any event, we wish you the best of luck. Here's hoping all your weeks are like week 14 of 2009: Brandon Marshall vs. IND: 200 receiving yards, 2 TD Adrian Peterson vs. CIN: 137 combined yards, 2 TD Peyton Manning vs. DEN: 220 passing yards, 4 TD Chris Wells vs. SF: 103 combined yards, 1 TD Ahmad Bradshaw vs. PHI: 101 combined yards, 1 TD QB Summary:We have Robert Griffin III rated #9 among quarterbacks, which makes him a less-than-stellar starter in this league. But we like the selection of our #12-rated QB, Peyton Manning, to go with him. Hopefully between the two of them, you should be able to cobble together some good production at the position, but this strategy always carries with it the downside that you'll drive yourself crazy trying to decide who to start from week to week. Incidentally, these two have a terrific combined schedule , though their playoff schedule isn't so great. If you simply played the one with the better matchup each week, this is the schedule you'd face: NO | ATL | CIN | OAK | NE | SD | NYG | NO | CIN | CAR | SD | DAL | NYG | OAK | CLE | PHI Matt Schaub is an excellent depth pick, though you may not end up using him much. RB Summary:We like Fred Jackson as a second RB, but we consider your starting running backs, as a group, to be a little below par. Our projections have Adrian Peterson ranked ninth and Jackson ranked 12th. Your bench looks good and should help offset the unexciting starting unit. Tough to do better than Marshawn Lynch at RB3; he's a likely flex starter. Ahmad Bradshaw will also be among the best RB4s in the league. David Wilson is a handcuff, but we'd like him as a fifth running back even if you didn't have Ahmad Bradshaw. Chris Wells is practically criminal at RB6. Since you're strong at the position, you probably don't absolutely need to roster more than six players here. Stashing Robert Turbin, however, is probably a wise move in case something happens to Lynch. The rest might be considered expendable if you find you need roster space elsewhere. WR Summary:Nice work here. We like both your starting receivers, as our projections indicate that they give you a combined 2.0 point-per-game advantage over an average opponent in this league. Julio Jones is our second ranked WR, and we have A.J. Green at #5. Your bench also looks good. Tough to do better than Brandon Marshall at WR3. Antonio Brown will also be among the best WR4s in the league. Justin Blackmon should serve as a very solid fifth receiver. We might suggest adding a bit more depth here. See the end of the report for some suggestions on who to pick up. TE Summary:This is a pretty motley crew. We don't see Heath Miller as a viable starter or Tony Moeaki as an above average backup. Help is needed. Kicker Summary:Sebastian Janikowski, our eighth ranked kicker, won't win the league for you, but he'll do. Defense Summary:Between the Packers and the Ravens, you should get above average production here.

I like to review their take and see how accurate they are and I found they were pretty much dead on last year.I had a stacked team in a large league that they said was a "virtual lock" to make the playoffs and it ended up in the title game.I had a good team in a large league that they said looked good but needed depth and I did limp into the playoffs despite a ton of injuries so, yeah, they were right: I couldn't survive the depth issues all the way to the title game.I had a team with no running game and they said that would kill me: it did.Overall, i think they do a really good job in steering owners in the right direction.

Yea, the comments I got last year did not leave me very optimistic going into the season. Out of curiosity, i just plugged in my Championship roster and had to laugh. I was given a 40-55% chance to win my league with GREAT inseason management. Granted, I did make some moves (like everyone) during the season. I understand that hinsight is 20/20, but wow. Here are some of the comments that made me laugh:"Your only real core strength is at quarterback, yet that's often the easiest position to fill during the season.""While your lack of depth at the position concerns us..." (I have Julio Jones and Dez Bryant)"James Jones is a very weak third receiver. T.Y. Hilton is also a liability at fourth receiver." "Jason Witten is viable but below average as a starting tight end (we have him ranked #9). We're also not too fired up about Dennis Pitta as a backup.""The Bears are probably not a difference-maker at defense, but they should be OK." "Let us say this as nicely as we can. This team is brutal. It is below average and/or too thin at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver).""We have Matt Ryan rated #8 among quarterbacks, which makes him a less-than-stellar starter in this league.""Matt Bryant, our ninth ranked kicker, won't win the league for you, but he'll do."

Thinly masked 'Hey look at my stacked team' thread marked with a 'don't comment about my stacked team' disclaimer. Must be a 4-team league. :hophead:

Again, why do I bother in this forum when all I get is static. This place is pathetic. Its why I post less and less. So much discussion could come from this yet all we get is piss in the pool....

Users who are viewing this thread