What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG's Content Removed: Confidence Pool (1 Viewer)

Toads

Footballguy
The Confidence Pool competition between the 15 FBG's staff members was not something I was not aware of until about Week #14 when I stumbled upon it in the weekly article releases.

In that I was able to be in a office pool pick-um with 10 franchise holders, it was good stuff that I looked forward to each week. The staff members made their their straight up game picks on Wednesday of each week and the results for the previous week, plus the current Week's picks, were posted (usually) on Thursday.

The picks were ranked 1-16 (in a 16 game week) and each staff member had a score that followed them as they went, thereby determining the eventual winner after Week #16....with the final article due come Week #17. That was to be the re-cap/conclusion article, the one that delivered the results of the competition.

So, looking ahead at the content for week #17, I noticed that there was no listing for the C.P. and emailed David Dodds and mentioned how it would be a shame to not post the final recap results.

No answer.

It looks like the Confidence Pool articles have been removed from all the weekly content (Weeks # 1-16). The effort met it's end in Week #16 with all the previous week's articles deleted and no final content for Week #17.

Was just wondering why such a large body of work was expunged from the records with no conclusion? Why the abandonment?

:tumbleweed:

Looks like the Confidence Pool links are still on the weekly pages from 1-16 in the Thursday Content section, but the link for week 17 is listed under the Friday Content section.

Not sure where the wrapup article is. I'll ask Will Grant to comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks....this is good stuff and it's good to see it back. I looked hard to make sure it wasn't there when I reviewed the previous weeks....might have missed it but I tried to double check before posting.

Love the "wishful thinking" portion.....

Added by Edit: the content was delivered in Week #17; Week P1 is the missing link.

Thanks....this is good stuff and it's good to see it back. I looked hard to make sure it wasn't there when I reviewed the previous weeks....might have missed it but I tried to double check before posting.

Love the "wishful thinking" portion.....

Added by Edit: the content was delivered in Week #17; Week P1 is the missing link.
Hey Toads.Sorry for the delay - we were getting geared up for the playoffs and it got lost in the shuffle.

It's posted now - thanks for following it this season!

Confidence Pool Final

Is there any way you guys can put this article out earlier on Thursday? With Thursday night games all week, it always comes down to the last minute with this one.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread