What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Female football players? (1 Viewer)

Allyson Felix was one of the fastest women of all time, her brother Wes just a so so sprinter, both went to USC. 

Wes could give his sister a head start and still beat her in a 100/200, not even close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you know that?  The tallest woman in the world was 7'7"

Becca Swanson can bench 600 lbs.

Hannah Cunliffe has been estimated at a 4.44 40.

And they weren't trying to make the NFL.

:shrug:
Can Miss Swanson play football?

Cunliffle couldn;t have ran on that Oregon mens 4x1 team while she was there.  And she runs a 7.07 indoor 60, right now high school boys are running 6.6's.

How much does she weigh?

I have seen about 1000 track meets in my day, trust me we do not see the big/fast female athletes.  That is a male thing only.  If she is big she is slow, if she is fast, she is smallish. There are no big fast women.

Can Miss Swanson play football?

Cunliffle couldn;t have ran on that Oregon mens 4x1 team while she was there.  And she runs a 7.07 indoor 60, right now high school boys are running 6.6's.

How much does she weigh?
1. I have no idea.  She's 45, so it doesn't really matter at this point.

2. Why isn't the Oregon mens 4x1 team playing football?

3. I have no idea, it's ungentlemanly to ask that of women or people who follow track.

1. I have no idea.  She's 45, so it doesn't really matter at this point.

2. Why isn't the Oregon mens 4x1 team playing football?

3. I have no idea, it's ungentlemanly to ask that of women or people who follow track.
Actually....

An Oregon WR 4x1 team of...

Jerry Tarr

Mike Gatcher

Mel Renfro

Harry Jerome

.....did play pro football, except Jerome a Canadian.

Sammie Parker

Amos Marsh

DeAnthony Thomas

LaMichael James

all NFLers/Oregon sprinters.

If a woman wants to ply a mans sport all that "ungentlemanly"  goes out the widow.

Cunliffe isn't fast for an NFL player and she's small.

Actually....

Jerry Tarr

Mike Gatcher

Mel Renfro

Harry Jerome

Sammie Parker

Amos Marsh

DeAnthony Thomas

LaMichael James

all NFLers/Oregon sprinters.

If a woman wants to ply a mans sport all that "ungentlemanly"  goes out the widow.

Cunliffe isn't fast for an NFL player and she's small.
4.44 would have been the third best time at the combine last year.

Did you read the article I linked?
A long time ago in another debate about this.

A sprinter who can only run a 10.99 100m is not going to run a 4.44 40, how they get that...???  Hell, all she does is a 60 is a 7.07

I can see something more 4.65ish, that's realistic with her other times a 4.44 is not.

Actually....

Jerry Tarr

Mike Gatcher

Mel Renfro

Harry Jerome

Oh, and just so we don't let this go completely - 

"This 4x1 team did, except one guy" doesn't mean they did, the 1962 Oregon track team did not run the 4 x 100 meters (it ran the 4 x 110 yards) and those four guys set a world record - that isn't the same as "she couldn't have made the 4 x 100 while she was at Oregon."

A long time ago in another debate about this.

A sprinter who can only run a 10.99 100m is not going to run a 4.44 40, how they get that...???  Hell, all she does is a 60 is a 7.07

I can see something more 4.65ish, that's realistic with her other times a 4.44 is not.
Well, if you didn't read the link I gave you, yes, I'd imagine it's quite confusing.

Oh, and just so we don't let this go completely - 

"This 4x1 team did, except one guy" doesn't mean they did, the 1962 Oregon track team did not run the 4 x 100 meters (it ran the 4 x 110 yards) and those four guys set a world record - that isn't the same as "she couldn't have made the 4 x 100 while she was at Oregon."
I assumed it was obvious with Mel Renfro mentioned that was a history lesson.

Oregon will always have four guys there who can break 11.00 in a 100m. Cunliffe a 11.00 sprinter more or less

Well, yeah.  Less.
She ran a 10.99 one time, usually she's in that 11.1 ish world.

There are no men sprinters in that event at 11.anything at the NCAA level, or they shouldn't be.

Devon Allen, USA top hurdler.  a cat name Gallespie a footballer another named King (10.00 school record) some of the recent Oregon sprinters, all could run far faster than a 10.99.  Demarcus Sampson another Duck at around 10.1ish.

Well since no woman will ever make it as far as the NFL combine because she could never play in college proves my point. My thing is why put them in harms way knowing they stand no real chance. No need to get them hurt proving what everyone knew to begin with.

You protect people from what is an obvious bad idea. And since all these footballers are young people you look out for them and that inexperience.
Nope it is extremely unlikely a woman would ever be invited to the NFL combine.  Who cares?

One woman is good enough to make an NAIA roster and because of that you want to prevent all women from having the opportunity to even try.  It's the "We know what's best for you" combined with the "Do as I say not as I do." Frankly it sounds like you are threatened by the possibility that a woman could achieve more physically than you ("you" meaning insecure pseudo-dominant males in general) could.

It's a terrible solution to a problem that doesn't exist.  I am pretty sure you know that and are just trying to either "win" a conversation on the internet or...well it probably doesn't matter.

Good luck trying to keep holding people back because you know what's better for them.

Nope it is extremely unlikely a woman would ever be invited to the NFL combine.  Who cares?

One woman is good enough to make an NAIA roster and because of that you want to prevent all women from having the opportunity to even try.  It's the "We know what's best for you" combined with the "Do as I say not as I do." Frankly it sounds like you are threatened by the possibility that a woman could achieve more physically than you ("you" meaning insecure pseudo-dominant males in general) could.

It's a terrible solution to a problem that doesn't exist.  I am pretty sure you know that and are just trying to either "win" a conversation on the internet or...well it probably doesn't matter.

Good luck trying to keep holding people back because you know what's better for them.
When did she make any roster?  That has yet to be seen.

Trust me I;ve gotten over the fact Serena Williams has accomplished more in sport than I have, yes, it took awhile....hahahahaha~~~   I can't believe you said something that ridiculous, wow~

I played 20 years organized football, talking HS, Navy, City league, three Alumni games, now add been into the sport since the late 50's.  This is no place for women, and never will be, anyone not getting this knows nothing about the game.  It's a war out there played by some big bad dudes,  a place you do not stick a woman******

I grew up playing football with my sisters, all of them ran track, were great basketballers and very athetic yet by 13 I had to stop with the tackle football, I kept hurting them, yep. not cool.

****** yes I know they have all girl teams, this is fine, this is how it should be.

When did she make any roster?  That has yet to be seen.

Trust me I;ve gotten over the fact Serena Williams has accomplished more in sport than I have, yes, it took awhile....hahahahaha~~~   I can't believe you said something that ridiculous, wow~

I played 20 years organized football, talking HS, Navy, City league, three Alumni games, now add been into the sport since the late 50's.  This is no place for women, and never will be, anyone not getting this knows nothing about the game.  It's a war out there played by some big bad dudes,  a place you do not stick a woman******

I grew up playing football with my sisters, all of them ran track, were great basketballers and very athetic yet by 13 I had to stop with the tackle football, I kept hurting them, yep. not cool.

****** yes I know they have all girl teams, this is fine, this is how it should be.
🙄

Yes, yes Al Bundy we know you love women and played football.  What you are missing is that if she's qualified then she deserves a chance and you have no right to take that chance from her. That's it.  You act like she's going to be running into Mike Singletary and Ronnie Lott on a daily basis. The level of competition she would be playing against is barely above what you were in your heyday.  If she's good enough she deserves to be on the roster, if she isn't she won't be.  Zero concern for her over any other player trying to make the team.

Look up meritocracy.  It's a very simple concept.

For some reason you want to act like you aren't diminishing people while actually diminishing them "for their own good."

@ZenoRazon whole premise is exactly how things like institutional sexism and racism and classism etc. get propagated from generation to generation.

It's 2019 how about we let people be judged on their demonstrated abilities in their field(s) of choice not on some third party's predetermined beliefs?

🙄

Yes, yes Al Bundy we know you love women and played football.  What you are missing is that if she's qualified then she deserves a chance and you have no right to take that chance from her. That's it.  You act like she's going to be running into Mike Singletary and Ronnie Lott on a daily basis. The level of competition she would be playing against is barely above what you were in your heyday.  If she's good enough she deserves to be on the roster, if she isn't she won't be.  Zero concern for her over any other player trying to make the team.

Look up meritocracy.  It's a very simple concept.

For some reason you want to act like you aren't diminishing people while actually diminishing them "for their own good."
Stop with this silly....the level of competition.....ok?  Over 100 NAIA players have been on NFL rosters.  Plenty of big guys there to wreck her and her dreams.

I don't want to see a girl so delusional she's talking te NFL to ger seriously hurt and if she plays very much (doubt that) she wll get hurt, she is too small to begin with.

Stop with this silly...."look up meritocracy"....ok?

I doubt we ever hear of this girl again, but if we do I ;d bet it has something to do with an injury.

Women have no business on a football field with men, yep, just like on a basketball court, on a track, in the ring/octagon.

Why is it so bad for a man to hit a woman, that tells ya all ya need to know right there. Any man going that route needs his butt kicked. Why are we like that, yep......the weaker sex.

Stop with this silly....the level of competition.....ok?  Over 100 NAIA players have been on NFL rosters.  Plenty of big guys there to wreck her and her dreams.

I don't want to see a girl so delusional she's talking te NFL to ger seriously hurt and if she plays very much (doubt that) she wll get hurt, she is too small to begin with.

I doubt we ever hear of this girl again, but if we do I ;d bet it has something to do with an injury.

Women have no business on a football field with men, yep, just like on a basketball court, on a track, in the ring/octagon.

Why is it so bad for a man to hit a woman, that tells ya all ya need to know right there. Any man going that route needs his butt kicked. Why are we like that, yep......the weaker sex.
:lmao:

I will not drop the meritocracy point because that is exactly what football is. You appear to really need to look it up. Either you're good enough or you're not and she has the right to try.

And stop trying to protect someone who knows the risks of what they are doing as do her parents. They don't need you or anyone else to help push your agenda.

I agree that we will probably never hear from her again and if we do it will be because she gets hurt or makes a highlight play. And if she gets hurt, even seriously, so what? It's a risky game, people get hurt playing football all the time, they know the risks and assume them willingly. We let pre-teens play full contact football and you want to forbid women entirely? That's silly.

It's a non-existent problem that is entirely self regulating.

:lmao:

I will not drop the meritocracy point because that is exactly what football is. You appear to really need to look it up. Either you're good enough or you're not and she has the right to try.

And stop trying to protect someone who knows the risks of what they are doing as do her parents. They don't need you or anyone else to help push your agenda.

I agree that we will probably never hear from her again and if we do it will be because she gets hurt or makes a highlight play. And if she gets hurt, even seriously, so what? It's a risky game, people get hurt playing football all the time, they know the risks and assume them willingly. We let pre-teens play full contact football and you want to forbid women entirely? That's silly.

It's a non-existent problem that is entirely self regulating.
You really aren't getting this at all, not even close.

No she doesn't get the risks and neither do her parents. No responsible parent would allow their daughter to play football vs grown men.  You would let your daughter out there?  I sure in the hell wouldn't. ya see I know better.  Bang around with the other girls, sure.

This girl is talking NFL doesn't that sign a message?  She has no clue what reality is in any of this, she is delusional. And her parents should have stopped this long ago.

I can see I;m wasting my time with you so believe what ya like, I'm into not letting a girl with no clue kill herself because nobody stepped in and stopped this silliness.

All these stuff about make the game safer and they allow this....huh????

Actually, we’re like that originally because women were considered property. And hitting them was considered wrong unless they were your property.  We didn’t originally punish people for hitting their own women. 

Actually, we’re like that originally because women were considered property. And hitting them was considered wrong unless they were your property.  We didn’t originally punish people for hitting their own women. 
Any man hitting a woman is a classless bum.  You can restrain them if need be, but to actually punch a woman, that is a no no.

There is noway back in my football days I could have ran over some girl. I just couldn't do it.

you are talking my language 
I was curious how long something like that would take. It took a lot longer than I expected.

Yes, a football team really doesn't need any distractions.  Anyone thinking a girl on the team won't be a distraction is wrong, she will be.

The other team.......you guys play like girls, hell, there's one now.

All kinds of.......hi baby, I'll slow down so you can tackle me. But be gentle..ok sweetheart?

I was curious how long something like that would take. It took a lot longer than I expected.

Yes, a football team really doesn't need any distractions.  Anyone thinking a girl on the team won't be a distraction is wrong, she will be.

The other team.......you guys play like girls, hell, there's one now.

All kinds of.......hi baby, I'll slow down so you can tackle me.
What was her 40 time? If she's fast, I might reconsider 

He gets it.

When will FIFA allow men and women playing football together?

Kavirayani Natraj, Intern (2018-present)

That is a very very dangerous dream to have. Stop it right there.

People over here have been talking about all the gap in skills and all are valid points on one end or another, but the one point that cannot be refuted or overcome is that putting women in a contact sport against men is a horrendous idea.

And no this is not about mental strength or women’s tolerance to pain. That crap doesn’t even matter here. Physiology matters. A LOT.

Being an avid combat sports follower, I can assure you that there will be certain deaths and proper brain trauma if women are pitted against men in a contact sport like football. Men have completely different bone structure and density, thanks to testosterone, and physiology gives us an unprecedented advantage.

This is exactly why women and men don’t box each other either. At least not professionally. Once strength is involved, the whole games takes a horrendous left turn and goes off a cliff.

Imagine what would happen if Zouma tackles Alex Morgan. That trailing leg would at best give a fellow male football player a little knock, the same thing has a very high probability of causing serious damage to her. Again, nothing to do with skill level mental strength. it is the difference in physiology and body profile that cannot be overcome unless you allow steroids in football.

That is just one of a ton all saying the same thing, women have no business vs the men in physical sports.

Any man hitting a woman is a classless bum.  You can restrain them if need be, but to actually punch a woman, that is a no no.

There is noway back in my football days I could have ran over some girl. I just couldn't do it.
So women should stay out of things they want to do so they don’t make you uncomfortable. 

So women should stay out of things they want to do so they don’t make you uncomfortable. 
Why are you acting like I'm the only one talking about this?  TONS, of guys out there all saying what I am, women don't belong on a football field vs men.

I like so many of them played football, we get there is noway some girl could have made it.  Just like mom vs dad in arm wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread