What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FF Stashes For The Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Sadly with my RB crew decimated, I may pick him up as a wait and see thing. I think Pete is going to give him as much work as he can handle.
Picked him up this morning myself

Idk how productive he’s going to be, but my gut says he’s going to get his chances 

I’m running zero backup wr te and qb and stashing rbs like a mad man. Quality drop off is too big to stash mediocre backups. Also lock for playoffs though with 9-3 8-4.

guys I picked up in two different leagues…

sanders - had some decent showings but needs the rock more. Can use as flex for now with upside.

Ingram - may drop after that poor showing. Kamara injury made me keep him.

michel - Henderson injuries and a lead rb with volume in this offense has value. May start this week and keep role.

stevenson - rb1 potential if Harris down. Schedule and bye suck. Still emergency depth because he gets volume. Rather have him than a no name scrub on a bad run team committee.

edmonds - any single rb in this offense would be rb1 otherwise rb2/flex for playoffs if dropped. He should be back for playoffs.

jones ii - if Fournette down instant rb1. Fournette not the best injury history and Fournette getting volume now.

considered picking up Herbert. Decent playoff schedule and we know he performs if called upon.

perine also interesting as Cincinnati running game is on fire. Maybe mixon wont hold up under volume.

hyde has good playoff schedule and Robinson has injuries… I just don’t think he’s that good though so may not have huge upside. Just a good place filler.

Not wasting time with guys like collins or mediocre backfields with opportunities anymore.

also watching waivers to see if someone drops Antonio brown or Gordon type players. I’m picking up guys who have no immediate value but are talented and situations can change in future rather than no names at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
considered picking up Herbert. Decent playoff schedule and we know he performs if called upon.
Looking closely at Herbert to pick up and drop Breida.

Breida has a higher floor, but can’t see him exploding with one or both of Singletary/Moss around - plus Allen’s rushing capabilities.

Herbert has the lower floor but much higher upside if Montgomery goes down. Plus this is a deep keeper league, so a new coaching regime could like Herbert more next year.

Looking closely at Herbert to pick up and drop Breida.

Breida has a higher floor, but can’t see him exploding with one or both of Singletary/Moss around - plus Allen’s rushing capabilities.

Herbert has the lower floor but much higher upside if Montgomery goes down. Plus this is a deep keeper league, so a new coaching regime could like Herbert more next year.
Definitely good idea in a keeper league. Waldman likes braida and I get he gets touches but I want volume and predictability for playoffs. I don’t want to get lucky and deal with randomness of committees. Regular season fine, I’ll start guys like toney or Hilton this week against Houston. I don’t want to get cute in playoffs with my life on the line.

Julio Jones may be on your wire.  Every time he has had over 6 targets this year, he has went over 127 yards.

Done all I can do for now I think stashing Ds for weeks 16 &17.

* KC --- PIT, @CINC

* NO -- MIA, CAR

* SEA -- CHI, DET

LAC D hanging out there right now with @HOU and DEN but not sure I trust that D at all. Swiss cheese D unless you are throwing the ball 15+ yards every play.

CHI D somewhat interesting with @SEA and NYG.

Hoping someone stupidly makes a mistake next week (like dropping MIA D when on bye week 14).

menobrown said:
No one will buy what I'm selling but that's ok, I"ll explain anyway.

I've heard a few a lot of talk past few weeks that major issue with the Rams is they lost their identity on offense. That they got overly finesse. McVay's offense has traditionally had ton of motion and pre-snap movement, lots of bells and whistles, but at it's core it's a physical downhill running attack heavy on play action. Prevailing thought by some is they adjusted their offense more to fit around Stafford and it looked great early but not as well as of late. Michel, and this just IMO, is a more physical runner then Henderson and for a few weeks I've thought it was possible we saw them go more in Michel's direction on idea he was a better fit if they wanted to get back to their roots and become a more physical offense. Now I have no leg to stand on with usage, it's clearly been Henderson's backfield so far and he's not played poorly and he's obviously a more explosive athlete then Michel. So I understand why this may seem like a stretch and frankly my thought they might turn to using Michel more was starting to peter out when they did not go that direction after their bye week.

But then I saw this and I posted it in the Henderson thread earlier :https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1466862700978323462

So here we have a Rams beat writer taking a comment from McVay maybe other info she is not sharing but her conclusion was that Michel was going to take on the lead back role this week and her phrasing was "especially in light of " Henderson's injury, which is a little bit of distinction from "because of".

Maybe she's wrong and me along with her but when you read McVay's comment she posted in that tweet it's fit exactly whyt I've been wondering about them using Michel more which is primarily he's a more physical downhill runner.

So what do I think? That Michel has a legit shot to take on the lead role this week even if Henderson is active  and if it goes well with not just his performance but how it impacts the entire offense he has a shot to maintain that role.

Now let's say I'm stupid wrong. Ok. Not sure what league roster size and FA pool you or everyone is playing in but worst case is Michel is direct and unquestioned handcuff to a RB whose had a lot of minor injuries crop up so that has a lot of value. McVay referenced CJ Anderson in that tweet and that's exactly who I've been thinking about when I consider Michel's chances of succeeding for fantasy purposes, someone with a lot more upside then we saw for most of his NE career or what he's shown in terms of being an explosive dynamic type runner. As we know McVay basically dusted the mothballs of Anderson and turned him into a league winner and I think he could do with the same with Michel.

I just think that's all worth a shot if you can get him cheap.
Who knows what happens going forward but for now you look like a genius. 

Yes, we all know about the injury risk.

Considering the matchups and how far Collins appears to have fallen, Penny has to be considered strongly. I am considering dropping Breida for him, I don't see any back emerging from Buffalo. Of one goes down Moss slides back in and it's status quo.

If a RB pops in Seattle, any RB, Carroll will absolutely feed that back.
i know Homer had the big pop to start, but he might be the call going forward. 4 catches on 5 targets helps

Yahoo league where FA still avail....GB home vs CHI for Sunday night or TEN at home vs JAX next week?  Playoffs start early.

i know Homer had the big pop to start, but he might be the call going forward. 4 catches on 5 targets helps

Penny.

I knew it. Should have stashed him.

Stats don't look great but he had a nice reception and run for 27 yards and had 10 carries for 35 yards. On it's face, nothing special, but as expected, you leave the door open a crack for Carroll to play Penny and of course he did. With the matchups SEA has down the stretch could see Penny making an impact even with AP there (who seems like just a short yardage guy).

Users who are viewing this thread