What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Doc guys - Always Tired (1 Viewer)

ragincajun

Footballguy
Morning fellers.

So....

I always feel exhausted.  I mean always.  I can go to sleep at 9pm and stay in bed though 10am easy peasy.  I don’t but I easily could.  It’s sheer exhaustion.  I get enough sleep at night so not sure what else to do.

So to start I have Sleep Apnea which sucks.  I wear my little machine and all of that good stuff.  My readouts tell me I am sleeping at night.

Going to the Doc tomorrow but what else should I be looking at?  Bloodwork? Hormone levels, etc?

When I read the thread title, I was going to recommend a sleep study to see if you have sleep apnea, but you’ve already done that. 

I’ve had my CPAP for 90 days now, and it made a huge difference for me. 

Height and weight?

Yes, get blood work done.

Do you workout regularly?

How's your diet?  Pretty clean or lots of junk?

Ball cancer.
:goodposting: The obvious answer

But...in case you think there might be more to it than that my cube mate was just diagnosed with low iron. One of the symptoms was he was always tired, healthy dude, runs, does all the right stuff, eats healthy but his body just doesn't absorb iron. He just took two infusions of iron to try to get his levels up, will find out in a few weeks if it helped.

going with this

or more possible causes here 

sounds like some bloodwork might be in order to rule out any of the more serious conditions

GL, gb, whatever it may be

Last edited by a moderator:
Height and weight?

Yes, get blood work done.

Do you workout regularly?

How's your diet?  Pretty clean or lots of junk?
Let’s say Portly.

i get bloodwork done annually for my job and it is always pretty good.  It’s the general blood work for Chloesterol etc.

I don’t eat that much junk.  I drink a crap ton of coffee with essentially zero water intake which is horrible.

I don’t work out.  Upgrading my mountain bike to start riding daily.

The thing is even when I was healthy, eating right, working out daily 5’10” and a solid 180# I was still exhausted.

I have been seriously thinking of getting a Peloton.  I am just not sure I want to pay $40/Mth on top of the bike cost.  I would almost rather buy a really nice mountain bike and just go outside.

Also 5’10”; 288#

I have a solid build underneath so I carry it about as well as you can carry a 100# of excess weight.

I get up at 5 so I have to force myself to go to bed by 9.  Usually it’s closer to 10.
Your problem may be right here.

When do you actually fall asleep?

If you go to bed closer to ten, it's not a stretch to assume you fall asleep about 10:30. If so, that's 6.5 hrs of sleep. That's not enough. 

Your problem may be right here.

When do you actually fall asleep?

If you go to bed closer to ten, it's not a stretch to assume you fall asleep about 10:30. If so, that's 6.5 hrs of sleep. That's not enough. 
I would say 10:30, however with the cpap mask I toss and turn all night, but I have to wear it.  The machine says I am sleeping however.

I would say 10:30, however with the cpap mask I toss and turn all night, but I have to wear it.  The machine says I am sleeping however.
Then yea, you're only getting 6.5 hrs of sleep. I'd be tired all day too. 

This has been going on for almost 20 years, it seems.

Firstly, the list of things that can cause chronic fatigue is really long.  But, at the top of the list, and kind of obvious, is lack of sleep. 

You need to go see your doctor and understand you likely won't get an answer right away.  This may be a process trying to figure out the cause.  But, it's probably a good idea to really make an effort to improve your sleep and see if that makes a difference.

I have been seriously thinking of getting a Peloton.  I am just not sure I want to pay $40/Mth on top of the bike cost.  I would almost rather buy a really nice mountain bike and just go outside.
Otis has a used one he doesn't use

In addition to the above, stress and anxiety are big in feeling tired all the time. Hours of sleep won't matter in this case. Exercise if you aren't already is a great stress reliever.

This has been going on for almost 20 years, it seems.

Firstly, the list of things that can cause chronic fatigue is really long.  But, at the top of the list, and kind of obvious, is lack of sleep. 

You need to go see your doctor and understand you likely won't get an answer right away.  This may be a process trying to figure out the cause.  But, it's probably a good idea to really make an effort to improve your sleep and see if that makes a difference.
Just an anecdote, my health and overall outlook markedly improved once I made sleep a real priority. I get 8 hours every night now, after years of convincing myself I was fine on 6.5 to 7  hrs. I wasn't fine, though. 

But it's like losing weight - nobody really wants to do the obvious answer (which in the case of sleep, is almost always "go to bed earlier"). 

:goodposting: The obvious answer

But...in case you think there might be more to it than that my cube mate was just diagnosed with low iron. One of the symptoms was he was always tired, healthy dude, runs, does all the right stuff, eats healthy but his body just doesn't absorb iron. He just took two infusions of iron to try to get his levels up, will find out in a few weeks if it helped.
I have a friend who is the opposite. His body creates too much iron. He has to give blood as part of his treatment. Hemachromatosis or something like that.

How old is your mattress and your pillow?  I had a really tired old mattress/pillow and would wake up exhausted with 8 hours sleep. Got a new mattress and new pillow and have been sleeping great.  My brother-in-law had the same issue and says the new mattress made a huge difference for him too. 

Get a physical and lab work. Need your thyroid checked, hemoglobin, and probably testosterone. They should do other basic lab. Any chance you are depressed? Also, you need to hit the diet and exercise routine. 

When is last time you had a physical with complete blood panel.  I’ll echo others about requesting the thyroid test also.  

I have to do an annual physical for work which includes hearing, eyesight, bloodwork, respiratory tests, ekg, etc.  The only things that have ever shown up was a slight elevation in bilirubin and a tad high cholesterol.

My brother had Lyme disease.  It went misdiagnosed for a long time. However it was accompanied with a lot of neurological issues.  I doubt you have had it this long.  

I don’t think normal blood panels check thyroid levels so you have to request it.  I had half mine taken out when I was 18 and they run a specific test in it annually. 

I haven’t been to a doctor in years. Probably should get a checkup one of these days. 

Users who are viewing this thread