What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**FFA POKER** (1 Viewer)

Uni and I had some funny heads up last night. We go through this long battle in a HU match, lots of see-saw back and forth, and I win $200. Sweet!

Then we go on to round two and I'm already thinking "christ it's way late and I need to get to bed, but one more would be $400, what a sweet score that would be."

On the first hand Uni gets AA and takes my whole stack. :lmao:

GGs GB

mrdoc won the daily $25

dback already sent to kutta

chet

gary

jmon

cav

please send to teckniquex@gmail.com

GG

FatUncleJerryBuss said:
I won the 100, you guess know the address
sent
Chet paid, Otis paid but came in second and didn't have too. Asked Dbag many times if Otis was paying for him and never answered...............I will assume Otis paid me by accident and dbag was hoping no one noticed.

Last edited by a moderator:
FatUncleJerryBuss said:
I won the 100, you guess know the address
sent
Chet paid, Otis paid but came in second and didn't have too. Asked Dbag many times if Otis was paying for him and never answered...............I will assume Otis paid me by accident and dbag was hoping no one noticed.
I don't know what your problem is. I went to bed, I'm not just not responding, geez. I pay right away, everyone here knows that. I know you have been gone awhile, but oats and I often pay each other and then it gets settled up at the end. I gave Oats $100 for that game, he would normally send that you. Did he? If he did we are square for the holdem and you owe me $50 for the HORSE. If he didn't pay you the $100 or that's what you refunded I will get my $100 back from Oats and pay you $50, no worries.

The Scorpion said:
Late night 12:55ET $50 tourney

dback66 and kutta chop $75/$25 (dback will pay Kutta $25)

FAC05 and LitSupp send to dback66@hotmail.com

GG
Bump to not forget
Did Otis pay the 100 for you?
Cav, yes I did, and I noted that in the notes in PayPal. Dback sent me the 100 after he busted out, to distribute to whomever wins. So I sent it your way.

Sick comeback by the way. Cav came back down to like 300 chips against my stack of nearly 12,000. I'm terrible, not sure how I let that happen. 200 bucks in Cav's pocket, take the missus out to dinner on that.

I am going to try and put this thing with Cav (FatUncleJerryBuss) to bed one last time. I have only been in the poker club for a couple of months, and it has been great fun, especially since our government took away poker from us, lol. It has also been a great distraction when needed. I know a lot of you guys know each other and chat a lot in the forum, which is pretty cool, and I follow when I can. I am not a huge poster, but longtime user.

I freely admit I let Cav get to me about six weeks ago and I was not cool either, I had a lot going on and he pressed the right buttons and I got angry. I apologized and even sent messages to a couple of others apologizing as well. Not to get too much into it, but my daughter was in the ICU and I was there nightly, playing late into the night on my laptop. Cav called her out and made some very directed comments at me and brought her into it. Many of you commented and backed me and I appreciate it. After that Cav disappeared for over a month, until just this past week. I played a game last night with Chet, Oats, and Cav and it was all good, Cav even said he had been a jerk to me and Oats (it was *** so hard to know exactly what it said )and it was kind of a Kumbaya moment, lol, or so I thought. That game went along fine and later we played HORSE and he just started in again with the name calling and rudeness and then the last comment he made before leaving the table, he brought up where I work, which is not located anywhere, so he must have done a little research and surfing, as he has my name of course, as we all do from each others PayPal, pretty weird if you ask me. Anyway, after many disparaging remarks during HORSE I said nothing until the end when I knocked him out, and said nite nite. This is supposed to fun, and competitive of course, and with the exception of me and Oats sparring lightly once in a while, which we both agree to each other that we are competitive, there have been no issues with any game, with anyone, since Cav has been gone, not one game. Cav is here is less than a week and it starts again already. Cav, someone told me you are a good guy, lets just bury the hatchet and keep the personal comments out it and we can play and enjoy.

Dback,

I'll try and be the rational middle man here. Cav is nuts--a good dude generally, but he goes on brain tilt on occasion, dumps a bunch of booze in his belly, and gets wacky. That's not new. I think the problem is you are not the most gracious poker player. You complain about EVERY bad beat. Every time you loser, it's because the person got lucky, caught a river, had a hot run of cards. Always some excuse. And never just the fact that maybe you were outplayed. That happens on occasion too, Slansky. So, I think that's the thing about playing with you that has caused some strife with me, Cav, and others, as I've seen it. Most of the time we aren't playing for mortgage payments, and this can be good clean fun. That's what it is with others. When there is a donkey move and a bad beat, we all laugh about it. Christ, it's poker. It's gambling, no matter how many poker books you've read. Just lighten up with it, stop taking it so personally and seriously, and be more gracious about losing (I promise you aren't the only guy to ever suffer a bad beat), and I think you'll have a much smoother time at the tables. You're a good player and almost always around for action, and if you can lighten up, I think you'll be happier and others will be too.

The point being we've all learned to live with the Cav we've got. We know what he is and he knows what he is and it's all good. The guy still thinks I defrauded the whole forum through some pirate poker website he thinks I colluded in. Lord if know. We've had our differences, but it's fine. But I think your approach to the game has brought out some more of the ugly side of Cav. I get why he gets annoyed, maybe doesn't justify his reaction, but I get it.

Anyway, that's the view from the sidelines. Carry on gents.

Dback,

I'll try and be the rational middle man here. Cav is nuts--a good dude generally, but he goes on brain tilt on occasion, dumps a bunch of booze in his belly, and gets wacky. That's not new. I think the problem is you are not the most gracious poker player. You complain about EVERY bad beat. Every time you loser, it's because the person got lucky, caught a river, had a hot run of cards. Always some excuse. And never just the fact that maybe you were outplayed. That happens on occasion too, Slansky. So, I think that's the thing about playing with you that has caused some strife with me, Cav, and others, as I've seen it. Most of the time we aren't playing for mortgage payments, and this can be good clean fun. That's what it is with others. When there is a donkey move and a bad beat, we all laugh about it. Christ, it's poker. It's gambling, no matter how many poker books you've read. Just lighten up with it, stop taking it so personally and seriously, and be more gracious about losing (I promise you aren't the only guy to ever suffer a bad beat), and I think you'll have a much smoother time at the tables. You're a good player and almost always around for action, and if you can lighten up, I think you'll be happier and others will be too.

The point being we've all learned to live with the Cav we've got. We know what he is and he knows what he is and it's all good. The guy still thinks I defrauded the whole forum through some pirate poker website he thinks I colluded in. Lord if know. We've had our differences, but it's fine. But I think your approach to the game has brought out some more of the ugly side of Cav. I get why he gets annoyed, maybe doesn't justify his reaction, but I get it.

Oats I agree almost 100%, I was not gracious to him and you on a couple of occasions but that has not been the case since he left, with the exception of the one time you I sparred lol. It's not always I speak out and even you and other say things like "wow" or "oof" at a low percentage win, which is basically saying the same thing just more subtle lol. But being more gracious in losing is something I need to do better and I believe I have been, and will continue to. But, I don't get personal or look up where people live or work, that's all I was saying.

I'm good if we can just let it go and move on.

Dback,

Oats I agree almost 100%, I was not gracious to him and you on a couple of occasions but that has not been the case since he left, with the exception of the one time you I sparred lol. It's not always I speak out and even you and other say things like "wow" or "oof" at a low percentage win, which is basically saying the same thing just more subtle lol. But being more gracious in losing is something I need to do better and I believe I have been, and will continue to.But, I don't get personal or look up where people live or work, that's all I was saying.

Your are right, telling you personal stuff about you is not cool. I have had to track people down many times and it is easy for me to do. I did it to push your buttons and I was wrong for doing that. I apologize for that. Other than that I really have nothing to say to you. My apology is sincere on that matter.

FatUncleJerryBuss said:
The Scorpion said:
Otis said:
Dback,

Oats I agree almost 100%, I was not gracious to him and you on a couple of occasions but that has not been the case since he left, with the exception of the one time you I sparred lol. It's not always I speak out and even you and other say things like "wow" or "oof" at a low percentage win, which is basically saying the same thing just more subtle lol. But being more gracious in losing is something I need to do better and I believe I have been, and will continue to.But, I don't get personal or look up where people live or work, that's all I was saying.

Your are right, telling you personal stuff about you is not cool. I have had to track people down many times and it is easy for me to do. I did it to push your buttons and I was wrong for doing that. I apologize for that. Other than that I really have nothing to say to you. My apology is sincere on that matter.
:thumbup:

Ok boys, now that we're all in love again, can we get some games going tonight? I'm up for whatever.

8:30 NLHE is up

I'll go $25 with a big group, or if Cav or Uni or anyone wants to go 100, 200, 300 etc Heads up, that's cool too. Let's flip some cards.

Users who are viewing this thread