What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (5 Viewers)

Glad to hear I blew several grand on a guy playing on an amputated leg. I hope he picks up a Papa Johns pizza and gets hit by a bus on the way out.
Normally with something like this you'd see the line react even if it wasn't widely known and then after the game is played you realize someone had that info before the game. It's amazing to me that Denver got bet so heavily with Mannings condition.
Seeing how even a strain is technically a "tear" I honestly wonder if this report coming out now isn't just Denver's way of trying to save some face for Manning. I would think that if he had the same depth of strain/tear that Rodgers is playing with you would have seen limited practice time, we would be limping at least a little, etc. What did Denver and or Manning have to gain by having Manning practice and hide the injury if it really is that significant?

As far as no arm strength, IIRC, he was over throwing his deep throws, not underthrowing them. Clearly he was off, but how much of it is the leg and how much it is "diminishing skills" is something we might not know.
Maybe "arm strength" isn't technically what I am referring to. Any pass over 10 yards and his accuracy was way off. Again, if he didn't have any legs under him, he'd have a hard time getting any zip on the ball, thus no accuracy. The Colts may not have known beforehand, but they figured this out during the game and they sat on the underneath stuff.

Monday Pucks:

Bolts (-145) at Flyers-Tampa Bay seems to have kind of hit their stride, winning 7 of their last 8, but if you look a little more closely, you see it is not QUITE as impressive as at first glance. Of those 7 wins, two are against the Sabres, one against the Canes, one against a struggling Leafs team..........but they have beaten the Habs IN Montreal and Pittsburgh as well. Mason is out for a few weeks for the Flyers and they are going with Zepp, who was just called up, in net. Probably better than Emery who has struggled with Tampa. Bolts have owned this series of late and I like them at -1 1/2 (+190). It's a little short of the +200 I prefer on the puck lines but I think it represents good value. The numbers also call for an under 5 1/2 play at +105 but I'm going to stay away, not knowing anything really about Zepp but knowing plenty about the Bolts firepower. Nabakov is starting in net for the Bolts, but I still think this is a strong play. BOLTS -1 1/2 (+190)

Avs (+150) at Caps-Both teams come in playing very well. Varlamov has had pretty decent success against his old mates and has been hot as of late. My numbers call for an even match at 2.6-2.6 which means the Avs at big plus money is a play. You can also get OT at +280, which again is a little short of what I want at +300.

Leafs (+145) at Kings-Neither team playing well right now and I don't trust either. Quick is getting the night off for the Kings, I just don't see a way to play either side here. I do like the over 5 1/2 at -105.

Bolts -1 1/2 (+190)

Avs (+150)

Avs/Caps OT-Y (+280)

Leafs/Kings over 5 1/2 -105

Buckeyes +6 and ML +180. Guy I follow on twitter advised putting a unit on Ducks at -200 and a unit on Bucks at +6, anticipating a close Oregon win. Interesting play, but my gut tells me Bucks get it done here.

Glad to hear I blew several grand on a guy playing on an amputated leg. I hope he picks up a Papa Johns pizza and gets hit by a bus on the way out.
Normally with something like this you'd see the line react even if it wasn't widely known and then after the game is played you realize someone had that info before the game. It's amazing to me that Denver got bet so heavily with Mannings condition.
Makes you wonder if the Colts knew something was up. They certainly didn't have to respect the deep ball at all, and if Peyton had no legs under him, that would explain his lack of arm strength.
The colts didn't know anything....My guess is nobody but manning knew. If anyone else knew it'd show up in the line, word would get out. Limits on an NFL playoff game are ridiculous. Piles of money to be made with that kind of info.
yep look at rodgers injury that moved 1 right when it came out although never off a key number. But yeah along with RN on the over, I wouldn't have bet under on the denver receptions and completions knowing that.

Settled on these:

Ohio State +6 -115

1st Quarter OVER 16.5 -105

3rd Quarter OVER 16.5 -115

Team to score first will win the game NO +135

Devin Smith OVER 3 catches +105

Cardale Jones UNDER 19.5 completions -115

Total was 74.5 the past couple of days. I'm seeing 73 now. Unusual. Joe Public typically hammers the over in these high-profile games.

If I've learned anything from the Shark Pool the Seahawks are a combination of the 85 Bears and the Greatest Show On Turf
Spent time there these past 2 weeks for a sociology study (jk)

I've learned:

Fans of Packers, Seahawks, Bears, Lions, Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Broncos, Eagles, Chargers are all the biggest tools and the worst fan base ever.

The disputed calls from the weekend were 100% GOOD CALLS.

The disputed calls from the weekend were 100% BAD CALLS

There are 1000 +/- "tools" in the SP

Rodgers is the greatest QB ever

Brady is the greatest QB ever

Manning is the greatest QB ever

The Patriots cheat

The Jets cheat

The refs cheat FOR the Cowboys

The refs cheat FOR the Packers

Goodell makes sure the refs call the games the way he wants them

Goodell was only in the stands Sat. night to influence the game in favor of his good friend Bisciotti

Goodell was only in the stands Sat. night to influence the game in favor of his good friend Kraft

Sherman is the biggest tool ever

Sherman is NOT the biggest tool ever

YOU'RE A TOOL

no...YOU'RE A TOOL

Trolling the game thread is funny

Trolling the game thread is not funny, even if you weren't the one trolling it, your divorce will be brought up in retaliation

Every call was the WORST call ever

The refs are helping out the Cowboys again

The refs are helping out the Ravens again

The refs are helping out the Patriots again

The refs are helping out the Seahawks again

Peyton Manning is DONE

Peyton Manning was just injured.

Doug Marrone IS A TOOL
I would really like to make this my sig. :oldunsure:

Thought I found a 20 yard bonus in Elliot -7.5 rush yards over freeman when most books had -26.5

Turns out I bet $50 on 1st quarter rush yards

Does anyone know why 1992 'vintage' Ralph Lauren stuff is so highly collectible? I'd love to hear the back story on this but I suck at google.

If I've learned anything from the Shark Pool the Seahawks are a combination of the 85 Bears and the Greatest Show On Turf

I've learned:

Fans of Packers, Seahawks, Bears, Lions, Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Broncos, Eagles, Chargers are all the biggest tools and the worst fan base ever.

The Patriots cheat

The Jets cheat

Goodell was only in the stands Sat. night to influence the game in favor of his good friend Bisciotti

Goodell was only in the stands Sat. night to influence the game in favor of his good friend Kraft

YOU'RE A TOOL

no...YOU'RE A TOOL

Trolling the game thread is not funny, even if you weren't the one trolling it, your divorce will be brought up in retaliation

Peyton Manning is DONE

Doug Marrone IS A TOOL
Spoiler tags work in the sig?

I've learned:

The Patriots cheat

The Jets cheat

YOU'RE A TOOL

no...YOU'RE A TOOL

Peyton Manning is DONE

Doug Marrone IS A TOOL
Spoiler tags work in the sig?
Boom

NCAAB decided to take tomorrow off to honor NCAAF it looks like. Makes sense.
I have a 1/4u on Monmouth / Rider o124. I still like it at o126.

They opened up 4 other games a little while ago on 5dimes:

Norfolk St / Bethune-Cookman

Savannah St / NC Central

Coastal Carolina / Campbell

Hampton / Florida A&M

:excited:

Met this chick at a DIA bar a year or two ago, going our separate ways. We keep in touch now and then and because I wished her a Happy New Year (on the 4th no less), things have heated up. So we're texting each other during the Broncos funeral, making plans to meet again.

Minutes later CBS does some fan shot and...There she is!! :excited: Couldn't believe it. The camerpervman put it right at her (and she knew it) and is smiling and waiving at us all. No joke.

What a trip that was.

GLLL tonight all! :banned:

Met this chick at a DIA bar a year or two ago, going our separate ways. We keep in touch now and then and because I wished her a Happy New Year (on the 4th no less), things have heated up. So we're texting each other during the Broncos funeral, making plans to meet again.

Minutes later CBS does some fan shot and...There she is!! :excited: Couldn't believe it. The camerpervman put it right at her (and she knew it) and is smiling and waiving at us all. No joke.

What a trip that was.

GLLL tonight all! :banned:
Let me know how the game ends up....i'll be reviewing the tape looking for Sonnys Honey.

lumpy19 said:
Mariotta o296.5 -140 at DSI

Mariotta o22.5 comp -140
Max bet these at dsi, then price dropped to -125 and -135 :confused: So max bet them again. :thumbup: Decent middle opp with some juice loss at sb. mariota u 319.5 +100 and u24 +100

Last edited by a moderator:
lumpy19 said:
Mariotta o296.5 -140 at DSI

Mariotta o22.5 comp -140
Max bet these at dsi, then price dropped to -125 and -135 :confused: So max bet them again. :thumbup: Decent middle opp with some juice loss at sb. mariota u 319.5 +100 and u24 +100
rebet o296.5 -105, no middle for me, thats such a good bet IMO I'll just double up

I'll just take one max bet on the o22.5 -140, if it was -120 I'd hit it again.

Adding Byron Marshall o6 +145

ETA: Added mariotta o296.5 -106(thanks for the 1c move!) and going u319.5 for a 1/3 middle, hope he throws for 400

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread