What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (1 Viewer)

I got cocky and played too many team totals last week. Let's scale it back and look at two particular games.

NE Patriots Team Total OVER 28.5

No reason not to keep riding this train. The Pats have not scored fewer than 31 points in any of their last six games. The weather is looking fine, and Miami's pass defense ranks in the bottom third of the league. All systems go here.

SD Chargers Team Total OVER 26

Detroit Lions Team Total OVER 27

Chargers/Lions Game Total OVER 52

Here, we go for the kill. These two offenses are on a roll, and I don't see either defense slowing them down too much. I would not be surprised at all if both teams are in the 30s. But if only one team is in the 30s, you still have a shot at winning all three bets, and 2-of-3 at worst.

I'm also looking at the Eagles/Cowboys over, but rain is likely. I'm gonna pass if it rains.

Also like:

Malcolm Floyd o3.5 Rec (-125) - Thought he would get 4 anyway but VJax is likely out with a groin injury.

Alex Smith u1.5 TD (-160) - Lotta juice but Smith had zero TD's in SF vs. Sea and now he's on the road against a good pass D having only thrown for more than 1 TD in 5 games.

Lost out on a few teaser teams

right now

NE -9

Sea +1

phi +1

are all on the edge, i got 8 teams in last night.....hoping those 3 make it into the teaser zone. SEA and PHI were in the zone all week and have now moved out, mistake by me not getting all of them in when they qualified. Not a fan of the NFL on christmas eve/christmas....too many family obligations to sit around and watch football

On teasers this week I like the Titans and Chargers.Looking for a third team.Bills +8.5Oakland +8.5Giants +9Panthers -1.5Eagles +7Anyone have real strong feelings on any of those?
Of the ones you listed, Carolina.
Doc, I don't know if you sent in your plays yet, but I had an epiphany last night as I was sleeping.(It happens sometimes...)Make it the Redskins. They can't and won't lose at home to the Vikings.I'm using them in three or four different teasers. Rex will look like Joe Montana against that secondary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have about $500 looming in Fantasy matchups today, so I'm sticking to that for the day gaes.. Will gauge what's going on for tonights game later.

GLLLLL all

Where's the beer toasting smilie? Guess we'll have to go with the ol' :hifive:
I'm deep in a poker tourney and going strong. I'll sweat Hawaii as long as I can (female coming over later :yes: ) then I'll leave the rest to you at the bar.
Cake? Great news for online poker today, btw.Two soccer props. Somewhat experimental, but it looks like they assign they same generic lines (+200/-300) to a lot of strikers.Bent no goal -300Kuyt no goal -300Also slight leans on:Agbonlahor no goal -300Aguero no goal -180 (I don't think Aguero plays 90 here given it's an easy game and he's gone the full 90 in each of his last two. Chances are he subs in late or doesn't play at all and it's no action.)
Adding Sturridge goal +200 when he's confirmed for the starting XI.

Wow Titans just went from 7.5 to 9 in like ten minutes. What do we make of late moves like that? The "steam" is still something I don't fully grasp I suppose. Syndicate money or individual high roller late money? splain peas.

Wow Titans just went from 7.5 to 9 in like ten minutes. What do we make of late moves like that? The "steam" is still something I don't fully grasp I suppose. Syndicate money or individual high roller late money? splain peas.
Teaser window. Public gotta be hammering Tenn so book has to decide how they want to position themselves. I still like Jax.

I'm deep in a poker tourney and going strong. I'll sweat Hawaii as long as I can (female coming over later :yes: ) then I'll leave the rest to you at the bar.
Cake? Great news for online poker today, btw.Two soccer props. Somewhat experimental, but it looks like they assign they same generic lines (+200/-300) to a lot of strikers.Bent no goal -300Kuyt no goal -300Also slight leans on:Agbonlahor no goal -300Aguero no goal -180 (I don't think Aguero plays 90 here given it's an easy game and he's gone the full 90 in each of his last two. Chances are he subs in late or doesn't play at all and it's no action.)
Is this all for Dec 26 matches?

Cleveland also down +13.5 to 10.5; I still like Baltimore here. Cleveland is completely banged up placing most noticeably, Safety TJ Ward on the IR this week and BAL is coming off an embarassing loss last Sunday. Baltimore is much better at home and I can't see Cleveland sticking around here.

GLTA

AB

-8.5 So Miss..... do I hear 9? Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.
NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!
:lmao: Dave Hester meets Lee Corso.
Down to 7.5 now. I was not touching USM at 8.5 but at 7 I may change my tune.
Just like that... I this thing crosses 7 again I'm not sure what to think.
FWIW the services consensus picks have four Nevada plays and zero USM plays. Two on the over, one on the under.

Have about $500 looming in Fantasy matchups today, so I'm sticking to that for the day gaes.. Will gauge what's going on for tonights game later.GLLLLL all
Playing for 3rd/4th in my "money league"... 900 or 500. Lost by 1pt last week... 2k or 1.3k is the superbowl payout.... lost by 1pt last week. :rant: In the office superbowl for 300 or 150 payout... Would love a double hit.

Atta boy.Hey, I'm desperate for a WW WR right now, scouring ####. Brian Hartline anybody?Where's Drew Bennett when you need him???
Cobb?
I've got him cued up already. Cobb, then Tate. Late games too, which I needed in case VJax doesn't go. Hartline is for another league, sorry.
RoysterEdit: oops you need a wr. Vincent Brown is another option.
Already have Brown. And I just scrambled to grab Oyster while on my morning ####ter (after I read that FBG email). I may start this guy. 3K sidebet on the line. PICK 3:Royster, Breaston, Ivory, Jacobs, Blount, SJackson, BrownWill Answer Yours

One single two team moneyline parlay for me:Oak +125 / Buff +130 pays 4/1
I did the exact same thing before I went to bed all buzzed. Let's do this!ETA no I didn't. :bag:Dec 24 05:02 AM NFLNFLPARLAY (2 TEAMS)[103] OAKLAND +120[115] NY GIANTS +125400 / 1559

Atta boy.Hey, I'm desperate for a WW WR right now, scouring ####. Brian Hartline anybody?Where's Drew Bennett when you need him???
Cobb?
I've got him cued up already. Cobb, then Tate. Late games too, which I needed in case VJax doesn't go. Hartline is for another league, sorry.
RoysterEdit: oops you need a wr. Vincent Brown is another option.
Already have Brown. And I just scrambled to grab Oyster while on my morning ####ter (after I read that FBG email). I may start this guy. 3K sidebet on the line. PICK 3:Royster, Breaston, Ivory, Jacobs, Blount, SJackson, BrownWill Answer Yours
Royster, Blount, Jackson for me.

Supporting the M's today :thumbup:

Moore o 18.5 comp

Marshall o 4.5 rec

Moss o 4 rec

Matthews o 77.5 yds

Maclin o 3.5 rec

Good luck guys! Merry Christmas eve!!!!

Merry Christmas Eve, (de)gents...

4-Team, 7 Point NFL Teaser, pays 2:1...

Broncos/Bills O36.5, Dolphins/Patriots O42, Giants/Jets O39.5, Saints P'ckm...

3 Team, 6.5 Point NFL Teaser, pays 1.75:1...

Patriots -1, Panthers -1, Saints P'ckm...

Saints -7 ... a whole, big, big, BIG Bundle.

Broncos are scoring, and Bills are giving up points. Horrible Defense, but offense is sneaky potent, especially at home. Bills score almost 20/game at home in every game but one, and with the Chandler back at TE, have the weapons to play the kind of wide-open game the Pats did last week.

Patriots score points, and give up points. Can easily see the Fish scoring enough to hit this over, because it wouldn't require much...

Jets and Giants both set up well to score in the 20's today...

'skins are a solid play today, but the Helu out/Royster in news puts me off.

Still looking at loading up on Seattle.

Smaller plays on:

Broncos/Bills Over 43.5

Dolphins/Patriots Over 49

Giants/Jets Over 46.5

Redskins -6

Seahawks +2

Looking hard at Bears and Under, but I hate the Bears, and I hate betting unders. Situationally, it's a really solid look, though.

Is this all for Dec 26 matches?
Yes. Chelski's the early game.

Minnesota is about to go up 10-0 because some dumb ******* was lined up offsides on a Vikings punt on a 4TH AND 4 ON WASHINGTON'S 40!

You can't make it up. So homicidal right now.

Holding a 1h parlay of Balt/Ov 20 - what in the hell is Cleveland doing at the end of the half? No timeouts left, 15 seconds left clock running on the 4 yd line and they run the ball? Coach should be fired and the there's a reason why Seneca Wallace is a backup. I can't even fathom what they did...

Users who are viewing this thread