What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (5 Viewers)

What the F Kobe, this isn't 2002. Stop making all of these friggin baskets

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of you text from your computer? So great. Just discovered this and so I went back to every girl I hadn't texted in awhile (super easy to go back) and have been wishing them all a HAPPY NEW YEAR! :excited:

It's late Sunday, the 4th of January, and they're almost all responding. :lmao:

Any of you text from your computer? So great. Just discovered this and so I went back to every girl I hadn't texted in awhile (super easy to go back) and have been wishing them all a HAPPY NEW YEAR! :excited:

It's late Sunday, the 4th of January, and they're almost all responding. :lmao:
:lmao:

Tomorrow is the rematch of OKC @ Golden State. You remember last time on Dec 18 when Durant had 30 points in 18.7 minutes but went went out just before halftime. He missed the 2H of that game and then the six subsequent games with a sprained ankle. He's been back for the last two games for the Thunder and has scored 78 combined points in those two games.

Did the commentator just question the coaches math? Haaaaa
Not so much his math, but WHEN you go for the 2. And he's right. If you kick the XP, a FG/TD/2-pointer is still on the table. When you fail on the 2-pointer the possession before, all hope is lost.

Whew, i have under 101.5 from live betting, that 2 point conversion would have been a nice kick in the balls
:lol: well i win the 2nd half toledo play here so still blows, but at least i have a little cushion from it. Guess i really shouldn't have bet any unders in this game

That's rough, mo.

ETA: eh, just spilled a little juice on your shirt it seems.

Not so much his math, but WHEN you go for the 2. And he's right. If you kick the XP, a FG/TD/2-pointer is still on the table. When you fail on the 2-pointer the possession before, all hope is lost.
You need the 2pt at some point. The math is the same, the strategy is different.Hope Los numb has sweet dreams, he's gonna wake to an over 59.5 casher. Good on you numb!

Eta that's what you said. I don't read very well.

Points!

Woodside was unbelievable lights out on those first two drives, else it could have swept.

I'll take it. Gotta remember how to do this next year :lol:

Washington has a five-game road trip versus the West starting @Houston on Monday; then @Mavs, @Thunder, @Spurs, and @Pelicans.
The Wizards have lost their last three in a row. You knew it was going to be a rough road trip, and now they finish it off with the Pels. I kind of figured they'd be in this spot finishing up the trip needing a win. They actually won at Houston, but they lost bad in Dallas the next night on B2B, lost in OKC on 2 days of rest when Durant thrashed them in his second game back from the ankle injury, and then lost again on B2B against the Spurs. So their price may be cheap right now and they did have today off so they had a day to rest. The Wizards are 6-0 SU versus the Pelicans L6 since 2011, with three of those games in New Orleans - all lined as the dog - of 3.5, 4.5, and 3.0. They're getting 3.0 right now (if your book isn't slow as hell in posting its lines).

You need the 2pt at some point. The math is the same, the strategy is different.Hope Los numb has sweet dreams, he's gonna wake to an over 59.5 casher. Good on you numb!

Eta that's what you said. I don't read very well.

Points!
Who hooWhat a surprise.

That was the last bowl game for that prop too.

4 for 4 on them.

1-17 on everything else it seems but oh well.

Good job on the over Chain

Raider Nation said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Raider Nation said:
Even in the disastrous scenario where it's a scoreless 3rd Q, I'll just bang the live under to minimize the carnage.
$1500 on ####### Ark State/Toledo... You're a sick man. GL!!
x2

One was at SportsBetting, one was at BetOnline... seconds apart so the line wouldn't budge.
You're not going to move lines there, they're a pretty big operation

So looking on suggestions to LOCK IN SOME PROFITS

In the 250 person confidence pool, if OSU win I take home 2nd place and around $750 (Screw you Pitt Panthers for not letting me get 1st).

Now my buddy has Oregon and if they win he gets 2nd place (I would get nothing).

He can obvioulsy easily hedge on a OSU ML bet and not even worry about me, but I dont think he has any online books to use.

Was thinking I could offer him some kind of fair split if each one of us wins? Not split as in $375 a piece, but like $150 or $200 to the loser. I assume I would have to offer more. Like I give him $200 if I win and he gives $150 to make the odds even out somewhat.

Let it ride??

TIA/ WWYD/ HTH

In the 250 person confidence pool, if OSU win I take home 2nd place and around $750 (Screw you Pitt Panthers for not letting me get 1st).

Now my buddy has Oregon and if they win he gets 2nd place (I would get nothing).

He can obvioulsy easily hedge on a OSU ML bet and not even worry about me, but I dont think he has any online books to use.

Was thinking I could offer him some kind of fair split if each one of us wins? Not split as in $375 a piece, but like $150 or $200 to the loser. I assume I would have to offer more. Like I give him $200 if I win and he gives $150 to make the odds even out somewhat.

Let it ride??

TIA/ WWYD/ HTH
let it ride imo.

Let it ride??

TIA/ WWYD/ HTH
I'd offer him some split with the odds in his favor...

This is Oregon's year to win their first title. I don't care what anyone says, FSU was a good team and Oregon dismantled them.

You'd much rather be on the Oregon side of this.

Let it ride??

TIA/ WWYD/ HTH

This is Oregon's year to win their first title. I don't care what anyone says, FSU was a good team and Oregon dismantled them.

While I agree that Oregon is the favorite it will surprise exactly NO ONE when Ohio State wins. Why offer more? cause Vegas has set a line that says so? Make him an offer for 150/200 for the loser and see what happens, why start by negotiating against yourself?

Let it ride??

TIA/ WWYD/ HTH

While I agree that Oregon is the favorite it will surprise exactly NO ONE when Ohio State wins. Why offer more? cause Vegas has set a line that says so? Make him an offer for 150/200 for the loser and see what happens, why start by negotiating against yourself?
For the negotiating, I agree with you 100%... Start even, but if you end up taking the short end of the stick by like $50 by the end of negotiations, that is still more favorable than the money line.

ETA: If you like OSU, then just let it ride... I'm obviously an advocate of the other side bc I like Oregon here.

If it's not life changing money, I would just let it ride. If you can get significantly better than market price on the split (ie: you do a 50/50 split where Oregon is significantly better than a 50% favorite according to Vegas) then I can kind of see where you split it, but otherwise I'd take my chances.

If it's not life changing money, I would just let it ride. If you can get significantly better than market price on the split (ie: you do a 50/50 split where Oregon is significantly better than a 50% favorite according to Vegas) then I can kind of see where you split it, but otherwise I'd take my chances.
Great post

One addition is to wait til gametime and try to get something live....If Oregon blows the doors off of them you'll lose but if it's a competitive game you should have an opportunity to get a good number live, especially if OSU scores first.

I'm waiting until I get some more conference experience to play anything based off this officially, but I am getting close to a good sized sample.

:popcorn: :tfp: :popcorn:

[SIZE=medium]DATE[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]AWAY[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]HOME[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] LINE [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]TOTAL[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]PLAY[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]ACTUAL[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]W/L RESULT[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Washington St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Stanford[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 139.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Youngstown St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Illinois Chicago[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 142.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Milwaukee[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Cleveland St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 128.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]OVER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Detroit[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Wright St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 134.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Valparaiso[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Oakland[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 142.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Florida St.[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Missisissippi St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 128.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UC Riverside[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Northern Illinois[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 122.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]OVER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UTEP[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]North Texas[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 127.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]OVER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UTSA[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Rice[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 139.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]USC[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Utah[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 133.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UCLA[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Colorado[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 133.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]OVER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Washington[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Colorado[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 127.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Saint Peter's[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Quinnipac[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 122.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Rider[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Marist[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 128.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Siena[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Fairfield[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 128.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]OVER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Manhattan[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Niagara[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 132.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]VMI[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]East Tennessee St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 170.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Monmouth[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Canisius[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 123.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Oral Roberts[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]North Dakota St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 122.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]OVER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Nebraska Omaha[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]South Dakota[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 154.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]IPFW[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Western Illinois[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 137.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UNDER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]South Dakota St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Denver[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] 126.0 [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]OVER[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]BO[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Date[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Team[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Spread[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Win/Loss[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Margin[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Washington St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]15[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Youngstown St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]-1[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Milwaukee[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]10[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Detroit[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]4.5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Valparaiso[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]-4.5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Mississippi St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]3.5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UC Riverside[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]North Texas[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]9.5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UTSA[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]USC[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]17.5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]UCLA[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Washington[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Saint Peter's[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Marist[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]5.5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Siena[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Niagara[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]VMI[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]9.5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Monmouth[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]5.5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Oral Roberts[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Nebraska Omaha[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]IPFW[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]-1.5[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]1/2/2015[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]South Dakota St[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]4[/SIZE]
Conference sides have been complete dumpster fire ( :bye: Frosty). I was seeing solid success in non-conference games (177-132 57.3%) prior to January 1st. Since then, conference plays have gone 43-72 37.4%). There a few reasons why I think this is and need to continue to work on the difference between a non-conference game vs. a conference game.

Non-conference totals finished well although the sample is smaller - 114-87 56.7%

Using totals from all books and those exclusive to BetOnline, conference totals have gone 74-54 57.8%.

The segment I currently like most are conference overs. I currently do not have an adjustment for that frantic end of game pace (anyone who has ever bet a CBB under knows the feeling when the total is 20 points under your bet number with 2 minutes left and that it sails over by 5 points). Even then, they have gone 29-15 (they went 5-1 in the plays I posted above by 13, 29, -15, 7, 16, and 19).

I do not have a BetOnline account yet and will not endorse anyone to tail these yet still (I will have a much better idea through Saturday which will add about 150-200 conference totals from today to then), but these are the overs I have today so I will see how they end up:

Texas St / Georgia St o118

James Madison / Charleston o121.5

Arkansas St / UL Monroe o118.5

Wright St / Green Bay o123.5

Wofford / Chattanooga o125

Citadel / UNC Greensboro o122.5

Rider / Fairfield o122

:fishy:

Great post

One addition is to wait til gametime and try to get something live....If Oregon blows the doors off of them you'll lose but if it's a competitive game you should have an opportunity to get a good number live, especially if OSU scores first.
Right but then when OSU scores first I'm like.. Oh yeah we got this no reason to hedge now :moneybag: :moneybag:

Raider Nation said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Raider Nation said:
Even in the disastrous scenario where it's a scoreless 3rd Q, I'll just bang the live under to minimize the carnage.
$1500 on ####### Ark State/Toledo... You're a sick man. GL!!
x2

One was at SportsBetting, one was at BetOnline... seconds apart so the line wouldn't budge.
You're not going to move lines there, they're a pretty big operation
Yesterday, I put $2k on the Colts TT o26 at -130. Literally a few seconds later, it was at -140. Coincidence?

Users who are viewing this thread