What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First pick in a fantasy playoff draft (1 Viewer)

KCC

Footballguy
Unlike the regular season, fantasy playoff leagues are a battle of attrition. Whoever has the most players left playing in the most games tends to win. It's not enough to identify stud players, as mediocre players who are in three games will usually net more total points than a stud whose team loses their first playoff game. Having said that, who would you take first overall in a playoff draft?

1.01 Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis Colts
He's one of two I had in mid. The colts have finished the season on a huge roll and I like the possibility of him having a lot of games since the colts play in the wild card weekend.

1.01 Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis Colts
He's one of two I had in mid. The colts have finished the season on a huge roll and I like the possibility of him having a lot of games since the colts play in the wild card weekend.
the Colts aren't going all the way though, in fact they may lose the opener. I'd take Jacobs or Williams as well.

Turner or Williams
You think Michael Turner will make it past 1-2 games?? :thumbdown:
I think he'll at least make it past the Cardinals.
The Cards are going to DESTROY Atlanta.... Period
Based on? I don't see the Cardinals matching up well with Turner. If Boldin is healthy I'm not sure Atlanta can handle their WR's either. Should be a great game and it could go either way.

I don't see anyone being a sure thing here as I think the playoffs are pretty much a crap shoot this year. I don't see a dominant team that is almost guaranteed to make the SB like last year's Patriots. Still, I like the way the Colts are playing so I probably go with Peyton. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to San Diego.

Turner or Williams
You think Michael Turner will make it past 1-2 games?? :nerd:
I think he'll at least make it past the Cardinals.
The Cards are going to DESTROY Atlanta.... Period
Based on? I don't see the Cardinals matching up well with Turner. If Boldin is healthy I'm not sure Atlanta can handle their WR's either. Should be a great game and it could go either way.
If the Cards can get an early jump on Atlanta it will get ugly as that would limit Turner, which is Atlanta's strength. However, I think Atlanta keeps it close early on and it will come down to the last 10 minutes of the game.

Trying to make my roster of

2qbs, 2rbs 3wr's te 2k, 2dst

1 player per team and im having a tough time

QB's - Both Mannings,

RB - Westbrook and

WR, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith and

TE

K - Bironas, Elam (want them to both go 1 and done)

Dst - Steelers, Dolphins, may change to use both Ravens and Fins

Trying to figure out if I should use Philly D and then ADP.

Users who are viewing this thread