What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First Year 14 Team League - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE Flex 1/2 PPR (1 Viewer)

MrJimiT

Footballguy
This year, my co-worker league has expanded to 14. After personally doing leagues and drafts for the better part of 30 years, this will be my first experience in a 14-teamer. Of all the simulated mocks that I have participated in, I am finding that WR's are going much faster than I think they should. For those with 14 team experience...is this the trend? Do I need to value my WRs a bit more than my historical data says I should?

Overall, I haven't been disappointed in my mock'd teams but I also haven't been thrilled either. Seems very blah and mediocre, no matter where I random my snake draft spot. I am wondering IF I should expect this in real live draft OR take a clue from the simulated mocks?

picks can be sparse in a 14 team league. Rather than target specific players maybe get the best value. If that means 3 RBs in a row, go for it. Talent is spread pretty thin in a 14 team. IMO

picks can be sparse in a 14 team league. Rather than target specific players maybe get the best value. If that means 3 RBs in a row, go for it. Talent is spread pretty thin in a 14 team. IMO
Agree

We have been doing 14 teams for 5 years now and it gets thin early. I drafted out of the 3 hole and went WR, WR, WR, TE because I didn't like the RB value when it came back to me and IMO, WRs were the best value. Full PPR and we start 3 WRs and a flex.

The other thing about a 14 team is you have to throw ADP out the window a bit more too, especially when drafting on the edges. Those 4 extra picks make a huge difference on who gets back to you. For example, I took Cousins at 7.03 (6 points per passing TD) because I didn't want to get stuck with the Russell Wilson, Derek Carr group as my QB 1 and the big 8 were all off the board before the end of the 5th.

When the draft ends, pretty much every team will have a weak spot in a 14 teamer if you are drafting with competent players.

Users who are viewing this thread