What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch (1 Viewer)

As long as all juror's really believe the prosecution must prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt, it is a slam dunk acquittal.

Who does an all female jury benefit?
I don't think it benefits either side. You could say females will be sensitive to a child who was unarmed since we are more motherly thinking or Zimmerman if they really have in back of their minds the racist card. I think it will be a hung jury myself because like Arias, you cant say for sure what exactly happened especially since one of the two involved is dead...
If you're talking sensitivity, Zimmerman can be portrayed as someone looking out for his family. He's on the neighborhood watch, numerous calls to 911, helps out neighbors/friends. It will also be difficult to portray Martin as a child based on his pictures/stature.
Women = emotion. I think this dude's in trouble. He can be portrayed that way, but it will be contrasted with a "stalker mentality" or a "self acclaimed officer of the neighborhood" mentality by the prosecution.

I don't think it benefits either side. You could say females will be sensitive to a child who was unarmed since we are more motherly thinking or Zimmerman if they really have in back of their minds the racist card. I think it will be a hung jury myself because like Arias, you cant say for sure what exactly happened especially since one of the two involved is dead...
If you're talking sensitivity, Zimmerman can be portrayed as someone looking out for his family. He's on the neighborhood watch, numerous calls to 911, helps out neighbors/friends. It will also be difficult to portray Martin as a child based on his pictures/stature.
Women = emotion. I think this dude's in trouble. He can be portrayed that way, but it will be contrasted with a "stalker mentality" or a "self acclaimed officer of the neighborhood" mentality by the prosecution.
This plays into that thought process also......''Prosecutors in the Trayvon Martin shooting case have informed the court of a new exhibit that they claim shows defendant George Zimmerman once applied to become a police officer.

A filing by prosecutors this week included a description of an application from Zimmerman and a rejection letter from the Prince William County Police Department, but no explanation of what they plan to do with it.''

FFAer's = emotions. I think he is better off in the hands of women than the emotions I have seen in this thread.

Strangely, Zimmerman called 911 46 times before this incident and nothing ever happened. We'll never know what happened, but I know what it looks like.

The evidence and testimony will be the final determination in this case. Forensics will help nail down portions of the truth.
That speaks volumes
:goodposting:

Toad...you set yourself up for that one.
Yes... it speaks volumes that Zimmerman looks like he is innocent? Are you people nuts? If he called 911 46 times without incident and the 47th time there is an altercation, and he says he was attacked and is bleeding with a broken nose, I think most people would believe it. The fact remains he called and called and nothing like this happened before, even if George does have anger issues.

I realize you are trying to race bait here. Now if George had called 911 46 times on all black people, then that would be a different discussion entirely. I haven't heard those calls(although I'd like to).
Doesn't make him innocent or guilty in this particular case. In real life it does make him look paranoid to the point of being unhinged.

I'm guessing he was rejected due to his weight, I don't know how many people apply to become an officer and are given the opportunity.

Maybe he failed the IQ test (got too high of a score).

Looks like it was due to: "Collection Issues/Credit History"

Not sure how this will help the prosecution, also fwiw I think it was 9 years ago.

Judge Nelson just recessed the court until tomorrow morning at 09:00

This afternoon, once the jury was sworn in, the Frye Hearing was completed and Judge Nelson indicates she going to do some review tonight and will have a decision on the audio expert testimony in the morning.

There are other pretrial motions to be dealt with in the morning.

Not sure how this will help the prosecution, also fwiw I think it was 9 years ago.

This afternoon, once the jury was sworn in, the Frye Hearing was completed and Judge Nelson indicates she going to do some review tonight and will have a decision on the audio expert testimony in the morning.

Jesus Christ, seriously guy?

This is why nobody takes you seriously.

Jesus Christ, seriously guy?This is why nobody takes you seriously.
Explain yourself. How does being rejected from being a cop due to bad credit make you a murderer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Explain yourself. How does being rejected from being a cop due to bad credit make you a murderer?
no thanks, if your feeble little brain cannot comprehend why Zimmy being rejected by the cops is a bad thing for him then there really is no point.

do you think this helps the defense?

HLN guests says the all-woman jury is huge win for the defense, and I agree. These ladies won't identify with Martin and his MMA blows, social media names and they will be moved by the huge, blown up images of the bloody nose and cuts on the head. One of the women used to have a concealed carry permit, the HLN guest was stunned that the state allowed her in.

no thanks, if your feeble little brain cannot comprehend why Zimmy being rejected by the cops is a bad thing for him then there really is no point.do you think this helps the defense?
If 5000 people applied for 50 positions your brain which you overestimate is the size of a watermelon would explode.

no thanks, if your feeble little brain cannot comprehend why Zimmy being rejected by the cops is a bad thing for him then there really is no point.

do you think this helps the defense?
Doesn't hurt his defense...

Gung-ho wanna-be cop that goes around looking for anything he can to bust people for. I think we all know the type. The BTK killer was a good example of it.

Gung-ho wanna-be cop that goes around looking for anything he can to bust people for. I think we all know the type. The BTK killer was a good example of it.
add the 911 calls and the profiling and you are dead on

Last edited by a moderator:
Zimmerman was in a life threatening position the minute he escalated the confrontation while carrying a loaded firearm.

So he has a strong point. Self induced "life threatening" is still life threatening.

Thats why you see so many of the unintended outcomes in Florida. And evidently its more life threatening if you shot a black man (as per the stats).
Escalated the confrontation? Are you referring to when Zimmerman left his vehicle? Other than construing that his leaving the vehicle and following after Martin, there's no evidence that he escalated anything.
There is also no evidence saying that Martin was the one who escalated it either. But someone did and the first person who did start it without a doubt was Zimmerman when he started towards Martin. After that we will probably never know the real truth of what happened that night!
You mean when he started towards him while on the phone with NEN? When M had 1m 33s to walk to his destination, a distance any normal person could walk in half the amount of time? Is that when you are suggesting Z confronted M while on the phone? Or are you saying after the 1m 33s, when Z was walking back to his truck when he happened to walk into M and then he confronted him?
You keep talking about this 1 min 33 seconds to his destination. What destination? So he lingered and took his time is that against the law or are you saying that is why he should be killed? Maybe Martin was a concerned citizen about a guy acting suspicious and was going to check Z out to see what was going on? We will never know what went on during that 1m 33 sec.. and to be honest it is pointless since just walking around your neighborhood is not illegal.
Really glad you posted this, because it's something I've been thinking about for a while.

The fact that this kid Martin either walked slowly, or lingered, or even stayed in one place for awhile is COMPLETELY irrelevant. Not only that, it has a racist smell to it: why is a black kid who looks like a gangbanger lingering around a white neighborhood? Obviously because he wants to rob it! That was surely Zimmerman's thinking, and it's really shameful that so many of you here repeat it as somehow evidence that Martin was at fault and deserved to be killed.

So much of this discussion is really ugly... and sad to say, it's mostly on the pro-Zimmerman side.
*** HYPERBOLE ALERT ***

Nobody is saying that. Nobody is saying M deserved to be killed for lingering. What people are saying is Z was justified in calling in suspicious activity for someone walking slowing between houses in 61 degree weather in the rain, he reported it because it was out of the ordinary behavior that he does not see his neighbors do. People are also saying Z was justified in using lethal force for being physically assaulted by M, with M putting Z into a position with no clear escape route.
Wait, I thought he was peeking into windows? This changes everything!

FFAer's = emotions. I think he is better off in the hands of women than the emotions I have seen in this thread.
You aren't setting the bar very high and I'd go as far as to say there's not much difference between what I see here in the FFA and what I think these women will think. If it were me, deliberations would be on TV so everyone could see the cat fight. All those who think they know what is going to happen make me laugh. Most here think he's guilty or innocent without the first witness being called. The only logical position at this point is "I don't know what to think". The rest are equally childish IMO.

Did you dream this up or can you provide a link of some sort?

You aren't setting the bar very high and I'd go as far as to say there's not much difference between what I see here in the FFA and what I think these women will think. If it were me, deliberations would be on TV so everyone could see the cat fight. All those who think they know what is going to happen make me laugh. Most here think he's guilty or innocent without the first witness being called. The only logical position at this point is "I don't know what to think". The rest are equally childish IMO.
I cant speak for anyone else but i have no idea what happened as i wasnt there....but i will say i have theories based on the evidence thats been presented so far. I do believe the entire incident could have been avoided if Zimmy wasnt so overzealous about his watch duties and adhered to the rules that are set for such crime watch members.(no weapons and no confrontations) IF trey was actually committing a crime when Zimmy spotted him then all bets are off...too bad that wasnt the case.

I have no idea exactly what happened, but if the evidence that we have seen in the media is representative of the prosecution case, it is not very compelling to prove that it was not an act of self-defense. Just because he is a wannabe cop who is overly paranoid, is no grounds for a conviction.

Got it from another forum that has been pretty reliable.

He'd applied over three years ago and the records have been destroyed. He received a form letter just stating that he didn't meet standards, however they did have a spreadsheet that noted the standard he didn't meet was having "Collection Issues/Credit History".

He'd applied over three years ago and the records have been destroyed. He received a form letter just stating that he didn't meet standards, however they did have a spreadsheet that noted the standard he didn't meet was having "Collection Issues/Credit History".
link

link
for you? HELL NO

oh ...ok...thats good enough for me and anyone else that believes everything someone says on the internet on a forum just like this one...HAS to be true

oh ...ok...thats good enough for me and anyone else that believes everything someone says on the internet on a forum just like this one...HAS to be true
Feel free to make up your own fairy tale, it hasn't stopped you so far.

Feel free to make up your own fairy tale, it hasn't stopped you so far.
actually i never state my opinions as facts...try again

Oh, forgot to add, I love the smell of TOAST in the morning

Perhaps in the future you knuckleheads can do you own due diligence before slinging insults.
what exactly are we looking for here? All i read was he was rejected for being substandard....nothing about credit issues that i could see...maybe im missing something
Page 7He gets insulted about not providing a link. He provides a link and people don't read through it before trying to discredit it. Come on.

I dont think that we can know for certain for what played out. That's what the courts are for.

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — The six women picked Thursday to serve on the jury in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial come from different backgrounds and they have varying knowledge about the case involving the former neighborhood watch volunteer who claims self-defense in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Here are some details they shared during two weeks of jury selection. Their names will be released sometime after the trial, which could last two weeks to a month after opening statements on Monday.

Race and ethnicity have played a prominent role in the case. While the court did not release the racial makeup of the jury, the panel appeared to reporters covering jury selection to be made up of five white women and a sixth who may be Hispanic.

___

B-51 is retired, not married and doesn't have kids. She has lived in Seminole County for nine years. She has worked in real estate and run a call center where she said she had experience resolving conflicts. When asked if Zimmerman did something wrong by following Martin instead of waiting for police, she said: "Yeah, I guess he did do something wrong."

___

B-29 recently moved to central Florida from Chicago. She enjoys watching the "Real Housewives" on television and works as a nurse on an Alzheimer's section of a nursing home. She said she hadn't paid much attention to the shooting. She said she has been arrested, but her case was disposed of. It's not clear why she was arrested or exactly what happened to her case, though she said she was treated fairly. She is married and has several children. A prosecutor described her as "black or Hispanic" during jury selection.

___

B-76 is a white woman who has lived in central Florida for 18 years. She manages rental properties with her husband of 30 years. She has two adult children, including one who is an attorney. She is involved with rescuing animals in her free time. During jury selection, she said she had been the victim of a nonviolent crime. "Everyone deserves a fair trial," she said.

___

B-37 is a white woman who volunteers rescuing animals. She is married to an attorney and has two adult children. She said she and her husband used to have concealed weapons permits. During the last round of questioning, she said she had an issue with the type of weapons people are allowed to carry. She also thought weapons' training was inadequate for people seeking permits. "It should become harder," she said.

___

E-6 is a white woman who is married and has two children. She has worked in financial services and has lived in Seminole County for two years. She is active in her church and involved with her children's school. During jury selection, she said she didn't know the facts of the case well.

___

E-40 is a white woman who works as a safety officer and recently moved to Seminole County from Iowa. She describes herself as a football fan. During jury selection, she said she had been the victim of a nonviolent crime.

Perhaps in the future you knuckleheads can do you own due diligence before slinging insults.
Or better yet, you can just provide a link to your statements that you make. Pretty simple.
:wall: I posted what I knew, you really wanted me to post a link to a different message board with the text that I already quoted in thread here?

You should be lucky I dug up the discovery PDF for you ungrateful bastards that are too lazy to Google for answers that you are so sure are wrong.

Or better yet, you can just provide a link to your statements that you make. Pretty simple.
:wall: I posted what I knew, you really wanted me to post a link to a different message board with the text that I already quoted in thread here?

You should be lucky I dug up the discovery PDF for you ungrateful bastards that are too lazy to Google for answers that you are so sure are wrong.
I never asked for anything., But if you make a statement of fact about a detail, a link is the least anyone (your side or the other) could do.

I never asked for anything., But if you make a statement of fact about a detail, a link is the least anyone (your side or the other) could do.
Hypocritical much?

Maybe you should

practice what

you preach

Hypocritical much?

Maybe you should

practice what

you preach
It's schtick. He knows his posts are full of crap.

what exactly are we looking for here? All i read was he was rejected for being substandard....nothing about credit issues that i could see...maybe im missing something
Keep reading...the email after the form letter.
ok...thank you ,thats all i wanted

Why does FL have only 6 jurors?? I'd rather have 12 if I were on trial.
It's cheaper and the Supreme Court has ruled it constitutional. Just like you said, if you were on trial you'd rather have 12, so stands to reason that the state (who is more interested in convictions than justice) would prefer fewer.

Users who are viewing this thread