What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys at the Senior Bowl (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Cecil Lammey, Matt Waldman and I will be filing practice reports and feature stories for the New York Times Fifth Down Blog, Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog and Football Outsiders this week. We'll post links here when things go live and add some additional practice thoughts in the thread between now and Wednesday evening. We'll also be tweeting thoughts all week ~ @cecillammey @MattWaldman @JeneBramel.

All three of us were at the North practice this afternoon. Working on practice reports now, but you can read this morning's Senior Bowl preview on the Fifth Down blog and Matt's thoughts on the weigh-in this morning at the RSP blog.

Sounds like Wheaton is balling as expected. Curious to hear about Ellington and Taylor this week. I think they are the top two RBs at the game.

'Da Guru said:
Heard on The Ticket that Denard Robinson is have serious trouble trying to catch punts.
Yep, heard that here in NYC as well.Plus he shrunk an 1-1/2". 6 foot @ Michigan, 5'10-1/2' this week.

not surprised denard is having a hard time. He basically has done nothing but QB. I don't care how great of an athlete you are, you cannot pick up another position in a week. Is he anything other than a 6-7 round, FA type you put on the squad for a year and hope he learns how to play?

not surprised denard is having a hard time. He basically has done nothing but QB. I don't care how great of an athlete you are, you cannot pick up another position in a week. Is he anything other than a 6-7 round, FA type you put on the squad for a year and hope he learns how to play?
He is the next Pat White.

I'm a Michigan fan, and I'll even say that Denard has a LOT to learn if he's switching positions (which he should). The guy couldn't throw worth a flip (horrible decision making), but his athleticism and speed definitely garners some interest from scouts. So WR is a logical choice. But I agree with others that you can't just learn a new position in a few weeks that has taken many WRs a lifetime to master. I'm sure SOMEONE will take the risk on him, but I'd expect 5th round or later.

Last edited by a moderator:
but I'd expect 5th round or later.
I'd like the Steelers to be all over him in the 5th/6th.I also think he will continue to noticeably improve as WR every day until the combine.
:goodposting: Scouts are all crapping on a guy that's been a WR for 4 days with only one hand that works. Maybe we should let the nerve heal, give him more than 4 days to learn how to run routes, watch him run a 4.3 at the combine and then decide his grade.

And Landry Jones is losing money by the second.
I didn't know he could loose any more... He was never a 1st round talent. But you're right, he's looking even more awful than normal.
I didn't imply that he was. After this week and this game, he's dropping like a stone. Scouts are killing him.
I know you weren't, but many have said for years he was a 1st rounder.
Moe just had a funny comment in the Sooners FFA thread. He said Jones is "a worse Gabbert."That's gonna look good on his scouting report. :lmao:

And Landry Jones is losing money by the second.
I didn't know he could loose any more... He was never a 1st round talent. But you're right, he's looking even more awful than normal.
I didn't imply that he was. After this week and this game, he's dropping like a stone. Scouts are killing him.
I know you weren't, but many have said for years he was a 1st rounder.
Moe just had a funny comment in the Sooners FFA thread. He said Jones is "a worse Gabbert."That's gonna look good on his scouting report. :lmao:
:lmao: that's classic!

If you ever wondered how a Mark Sanchez is allowed to happen, here’s how.The pipeline of quarterback talent appears to be running dry, based on the performances in the first half of the Senior Bowl.Granted, watching half a college all-star game is a really bad way to evaluate (and also a really bad use of a Saturday).Smart people put very little stock in this game, with practices weighing more heavily, and a season’s worth of tape more heavily than that.But for a class of quarterbacks that had folks wondering anyway, these guys have done nothing to change any minds this afternoon.Other than Florida State’s E.J. Manuel, who has thrown for a touchdown and run for one, the other five quarterbacks are a combined 17-of-38 passing for 95 yards with two interceptions in the first half.In NFL terms, that’s a 29.9 rating.In less scientific terms, that stinks.Because of the dearth of qualified applicants, someone from the group of Ryan Nassib or Mike Glennon or Tyler Wilson is going to be drafted far higher than he should in the top portion of the draft.But when he does, he’ll fall right in line with “top 10” picks such as Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker, or more accurately, a “first rounder” such as Tim Tebow.

Every QB in this game looks awful.
Yeah. I don't why Mayock keeps saying that Geno should be in this game. He might have secured the top QB spot by not being there
I have enjoyed Mayock's college analysis in the past, but..There's no upside for a 1st round QB to play with WR's completely unknown to them in these games. I can see it if you're a late/mid round QB looking to move up.Geno is a 1st round QB. Awful comment/advice from Mayock. That's why he's an analyst and talent evaluator and not an agent.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Craig_MiamiFL said:
'Donnybrook said:
'jurb26 said:
Every QB in this game looks awful.
Yeah. I don't why Mayock keeps saying that Geno should be in this game. He might have secured the top QB spot by not being there
I have enjoyed Mayock's college analysis in the past, but..There's no upside for a 1st round QB to play with WR's completely unknown to them in these games. I can see it if you're a late/mid round QB looking to move up.Geno is a 1st round QB. Awful comment/advice from Mayock. That's why he's an analyst and talent evaluator and not an agent.
Of course guys like Mayock want them to do everything he works for the NFL network he will also say they should all workout at the combine but if you have a smart agent and your a top 3 pick you should never work out you can only go down.

Does anyone know if Aaron Mellette even got in the game? I never saw him and didn't see any reports during the week after about day 2.

Users who are viewing this thread