What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys is hiring (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the kudos. I spent a lot of time on my recaps. Bizarre I never saw this thread a year ago.I charted every play of the game using grid of players by positions. Different symbols for targets, penalties, sacks, incompletions, drops, TDs, etc. I have a digital copy of a sample if someone wants one. Tried to get a large chunk of it done during halftime and usually was able to finish an hour or two after the completion of a game, but I was writing continuously during games as well. Writing these is definitely the one thing I miss about working for FBG.
Could you send me a copy of your sheet?

No offense but 25 bucks for what looks to be a several hour job (not including watching the game) is lowballing contributors.
Enough criticizing the pay scale already! Some people do this for fun...or compulsion. It is not about the money.I think FootballOutsiders.com, who puts out the NFL Football Prospectus every year, gets VOLUNTEERS to do the same thing.People will fall over themselves to do this because there are a lot of people who a) love to do it and b) want to break into the business.To become a sports writer, you need to start developing a portfolio. This isn't a feature article in SI, but it is a good start.

that's quite thorough, that example.

Is that a summary of several reporters or by just one individual?
From my experience on the recap squad (heading into year three), I can tell you that the sample is an outstanding example of one person's work, with edit and review by FBG staff, of course. :unsure: And no, I didn't write that one. That's something to aspire to, though.
Really? WOW yeah that's some pretty great work.I did this for stats inc years ago and sorta keep an eye on those things every now and then. That's exceptional.

One Q though, with stats we enterred in every play 32 rush 10yards first down, tackle by 56.

You guys do that? or just the overall recap?

Are the game stats(play by play) and targets from NFL or done by recapper?

I have a hard time believing that one guy could enter in every play AND recap that well. The cruddy part of stats job was you actually didn't see the game so much as became a numbers hound. Kinda hard to word.

I could see him taking notes(without the stats) then writing something later.

Eh well that's well done, kudos to him.
Thanks for the kudos. I spent a lot of time on my recaps. Bizarre I never saw this thread a year ago.I charted every play of the game using grid of players by positions. Different symbols for targets, penalties, sacks, incompletions, drops, TDs, etc. I have a digital copy of a sample if someone wants one. Tried to get a large chunk of it done during halftime and usually was able to finish an hour or two after the completion of a game, but I was writing continuously during games as well. Writing these is definitely the one thing I miss about working for FBG.
Hooper, I can't send you a personal message but I would appreciate seeing what you use. It sounds very helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread