What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Scouting Report - Caleb Williams (1 Viewer)

anyone else got him on the do not draft list
I'd argue he's gonna have the best WR duo in the NFC. I think he's a top-15 QB as a rookie.
his antics are getting worse and he seems super soft; the moment things get tough for him it might go well. Top 15 is a very high expectation
What antics? I think he's an emotional dude, but that's probably more of a positive than a negative, at least when it comes to leadership skills and earning teammates respect. Don't see him as soft at all.

I think it'd be hard not to be top-15 with these weapons. Especially if they add another weapon at #9.

I'd argue he's gonna have the best WR duo in the NFC. I think he's a top-15 QB as a rookie.
After adding someone like Rome Oduzne? The Eagles and 49ers might disagree. But Allen and DJ are top 25.
I'd take the Bears WRs over the Eagles or 49ers. Probably not over the 49ers when you factor overall weapons (Kittle, CMC) but its an ideal setup for him.

With Caleb being from Washington D.C. do you think the Commanders should trade up one spot for the hometown kid?

I wonder if Caleb would rather go home then to Chicago...in a vacuum, that seems like an easy decision.

With Caleb being from Washington D.C. do you think the Commanders should trade up one spot for the hometown kid?

I wonder if Caleb would rather go home then to Chicago...in a vacuum, that seems like an easy decision.
Unless Washington has him miles above the other QBs, I'd guess they stay put.

A lot riding on this kid's shoulders if he goes to Chicago as expected. He has to basically re-write the entire Bears' history of QB production, where remarkably no QB has ever thrown for 4,000 yards in a season. The past is the past obviously, and 4K is no longer an enormous threshold, but that's a lot to heap on a young QB's shoulders. Of course, if he wins a ton of games, the production won't be as much of a focus.

From a fantasy standpoint, I have my concerns if he's not going to put up big rushing stats, as the linked scouting report indicates, and like his predecessor did. Without a high rushing floor, that's likely going to require big time efficiency and production in the passing game. Certainly could happen, but a lot needs to go right for Caleb to be a major fantasy asset.

Last edited:
Another overhyped USC QB?

I feel like he's going to either be elite based on physical gifts, or he will find himself among the Kyler Murray and Justin Fields crowd.

his antics are getting worse and he seems super soft; the moment things get tough for him it might go well. Top 15 is a very high expectation
What antics? I think he's an emotional dude, but that's probably more of a positive than a negative, at least when it comes to leadership skills and earning teammates respect. Don't see him as soft at all.

I think it'd be hard not to be top-15 with these weapons. Especially if they add another weapon at #9.
What antics? not to be a d#ck but have you been blind?

^Could have said jerk without having to avoid the profanity filter.

But I agree with the sentiment. Without projecting and being too judgemental of the kid, I think I've seen various potential concerns.

I just don't think Caleb carries himself as a franchise QB like a Jalen Hurts, Patrick Mahomes, Drake Maye, or Tom Brady type.

A lot riding on this kid's shoulders if he goes to Chicago as expected. He has to basically re-write the entire Bears' history of QB production, where remarkably no QB has ever thrown for 4,000 yards in a season. The past is the past obviously, and 4K is no longer an enormous threshold, but that's a lot to heap on a young QB's shoulders. Of course, if he wins a ton of games, the production won't be as much of a focus.

From a fantasy standpoint, I have my concerns if he's not going to put up big rushing stats, as the linked scouting report indicates, and like his predecessor did. Without a high rushing floor, that's likely going to require big time efficiency and production in the passing game. Certainly could happen, but a lot needs to go right for Caleb to be a major fantasy asset.
The 4,000-yard thing is kind of whatever to me. The past has no bearing on the future, when its almost 100% different people. Also, its more of a technicality than anything. The 2013 and the 1999 team topped 4,000 yards passing, they just had multiple QBs due to injury.

Fantasy wise, not many rookies start with 2 pro bowl WRs, and a good TE. I think its gonna be very doable to be a top-15 QB, with top-10 upside. Right now, I feel better about rookie Caleb Williams than I do Justin Herbert with #1 Josh Palmer as his #1. I feel better about Caleb than Trevor Lawrence, I feel better about Caleb than Aaron Rodgers. I think he could very well be in that Tua, Goff, Cousins area as a rookie.

What antics? not to be a d#ck but have you been blind?
All I've seen that I could see as a red flag is his dad being vocal about stuff, and crying after the loss to Utah, which is whatever. If its something silly like painting his nails, or having a pink cell phone, then that's a 100% non-issue, especially in Chicago where one of the most revered athletes of the last 30 years frequently wore a dress to media appearances.

Every coach swears by Williams character, every teammate does too. He's described as an outstanding leader. What "antics" am I missing?

^Which color nail polish do you fancy?

So I looked into Caleb's painted fingernails. I was prepared to give him a pass on clear coat... I was likely to feel neutral on black polish, but if were as a profective coating, again this would be a non issue 💯

But startingly he paints obsenities on his nails... And there's more to it that I don't wish to put into text. I feel obligated to apprise others striving to live a righteous life to take heed. I hope for Caleb's sake he can have a revelation about the path he is headed towards and repent insidious dispositions that might be influencing him. Judgement is reserved for someone much greater than myself, I'm just stating what I believe can be observed.

He is now entirely on my DND list. It seems extremely likely he isn't prepared to be a leader of men... I promise this is an off the cuff rant. I may be a boomer, and so be it. I hope you guys know it's all LOVE. ♥️♥️

Happy Easter to everyone it has meaning to.

Users who are viewing this thread