What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

For my 1st post I give you the New York Giants Epitaph (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyz1

Footballguy
Here lies the New York Giants
Tried to make a run from a 0-6 beginning
Played 4 teams that hadn't been winning
Emboldened by beating some downtrodden teams
Came into week 12 with victory dreams
"There'll be blood of the field" their leaders did chant
"I guarantee win" did one corner rant
As they met at the fifty hyped up for the start
Whooping and hollering to show they had heart
But Cowboys just laughed at this comical twist
While the Giants took pleasure in shaking their fist
The Cowboys struck first with a terrible blow
and in Couhglin's face you could see the blood flow
Though the Giants fought back in a desperate bid
The Cowboys pressed on to force on the lid
With 4 minutes left and the game still in doubt
A methodical drive and the Giants bled out
As the Giants lay quiet with nails in their casket
The Cowboys come home with Giant heads in their basket
The season is over for the once proud men in blue
The only thing left is to wonder and stew
On a cold windy day in New York I can say
Hooray to the Cowboys and oh by the way
I told you before, so don't give me no lip
The 4th Quarter was owned by my man known as Slip :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what I was hoping for. I'm going to enjoy it here. I always believe you have to be willing to take a shot to give one and you sure can't have thin skin and play with the big boys. Like walking into anywhere new, you better be ready to be tested.

Well actually, Slip is my nick for Romo. He slips away from trouble and tackles, slips the ball into tight spots to win games,while occasionally slips up like he did in Seattle or throwing to the wrong team. He also has a really nice ability to slip into hostile stadiums and slip out with a win like he did on Sunday. It came to me when I heard many defenders from opposing teams call him slippery in the pocket. So I figured it was a good nick, as it works for when he's great, and works for when he makes a bonehead throw or fumbles in the pocket. It's perfect because he is always remembered for letting the ball slip from his hands on that kick in Seattle. It will take a SuperBowl win for him to overcome that and he knows it. Therefore Slip seems right.

Actually, he's been very good this year in his decision making and not forcing things. He's taking the dump off, and not trying to do too much but also making the big play when it's there. He is far more patient this year and is willing to punt or go to the next possession. I don't think he's fumbled this year. Very low pick rate and a high success rate late in games so far. He's playing perhaps the best ball of his career given all he's had to work with and the pressure the defense has put on this offense to produce.

Hey it's not every year I get a chance to give the Giants and their fans a shot to the pills. In fact, it's been some time since we swept the men in Blue. So yeah, I'm gonna have some fun this year with it. The Cowboys are an 8-8 team that may overachieve this year so realistically, we have few opportunities to take shots. So I sure don't want to miss my opportunities!

We can only hope your passion for all things Cowboys and anti NYG lymric translates into some hard hitting fantasy football analysis in the near future.

Godspeed Cowboyz1....Godspeed.

Cut the guy some slack, he is proud of his team and his poem. With all the junk that get's posted in the alleged "shark pool", this certainly isn't the worst.

We can only hope your passion for all things Cowboys and anti NYG lymric translates into some hard hitting fantasy football analysis in the near future.

Godspeed Cowboyz1....Godspeed.
For sure. I will certainly be getting down to business as I am in 5 leagues and in the playoffs in 4. Been playing for about 15 years. I am a passionate Cowboys homer but I love all things football. For example, did anyone notice Dunbar. If your desperate and looking for help at RB you want to pick him up. He is the number two in Dallas and had he not gotten nicked up you would be seeing more of those smoke routes and quick hitters. They are planning on using him as a change of pace back and I suspect he'll give you 50 yards minimum going forward with a shot to go the distance when he gets it. Was at training camp this year and this kid has speed to burn. They ran him on sweeps, draws, smokes, and screen in practice all day and in the preseason he made some great plays. If he was healthy all year he would be roster-ed and flexed by now but watch him for the next 5 games. Must grab for dynasty leagues, you be glad you grabbed him next year.

False Start said:
Settle down folks the poster is getting some unnecessary grief on this.
No worries I can take care of myself. As a Cowboys fan I have skin of a rhino. I would have pounced on me too. I was expecting far more then what has been dished out so far and I certainly expected to be jumped by the resident Giant vets. Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed but I suspect they have crawled into their safe place for the season. I don't blame them. I had to duck for cover the last few years and as this year isn't over yet, still may have to if we can't take care of business at home Thur.

cowboyz1 said:
Was at training camp this year and this kid has speed to burn. They ran him on sweeps, draws, smokes, and screen in practice all day
why did they spend an entire training camp day running sweeps, draw, smoking and screens with the backup RB?

cowboyz1 said:
Was at training camp this year and this kid has speed to burn. They ran him on sweeps, draws, smokes, and screen in practice all day
why did they spend an entire training camp day running sweeps, draw, smoking and screens with the backup RB?
If you had Murray as your starter wouldn't you?

Come on guys the Cowboys don't have anything else to feel good about these days except beating a terrible team. Its not like they will be a playoff success or anything. This is the Cowboys Super Bowl beating a team that actually has won rings lately in an off year.

fantasycurse42 said:
Long Ball Larry said:
WTF is slip?
It's an acronym:

Sudden

Late Game

Interception

Passing Machine

SLIP.
Have you been paying attention this year?
Thanks for teeing this one up for me:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/NFLN-Trevathans-Late-Interception/ef34bdbd-cac5-46e1-a7e0-8102f3a60597

As much as I enjoyed this one, I am really waiting for the epic meltdown in week 17 against the Eagles for the division.

fantasycurse42 said:
I prefer my football info in haiku
I prefer mine in Nostradamus-like quatrain...that way I know the future and can get my lineups right.

I like the poem.

Also, best to get in those shots now because we all know what happens to the Cowboys come December.

fantasycurse42 said:
Long Ball Larry said:
WTF is slip?
It's an acronym:

Sudden

Late Game

Interception

Passing Machine

SLIP.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/NFLN-Trevathans-Late-Interception/ef34bdbd-cac5-46e1-a7e0-8102f3a60597

As much as I enjoyed this one, I am really waiting for the epic meltdown in week 17 against the Eagles for the division.
Great play by the LB. They get paid too but Slip could have and should have gone to Murray wide open underneath. You should point out that Manning, Brady and Bress all did the exact same thing this year. When your asking your QB to put up more than 48 points your going to have a mistake or two. Hell you should also put up the throws he made to get to 48. But I know everyone only focuses on the one bad one. The guy still has the Best 4th quarter QB rating of ALL QBs . He needs to win in the playoffs we all know that, but I love the guy good and bad and there is far more good then bad.

fantasycurse42 said:
Long Ball Larry said:
WTF is slip?
It's an acronym:

Sudden

Late Game

Interception

Passing Machine

SLIP.

Great play by the LB. They get paid too but Slip could have and should have gone to Murray wide open underneath. You should point out that Manning, Brady and Bress all did the exact same thing this year. When your asking your QB to put up more than 48 points your going to have a mistake or two. Hell you should also put up the throws he made to get to 48. But I know everyone only focuses on the one bad one. The guy still has the Best 4th quarter QB rating of ALL QBs . He needs to win in the playoffs we all know that, but I love the guy good and bad and there is far more good then bad.
Dude is a stud... If there is any QB I want playing against the niners come Jan, Romo is my man.

This is what the SP has come too? Noob poster with the schtick of a 5 year old and the thread is still going? Why aren't mods locking this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread