What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ford Maverick is set to release and it's going to make truck buyers out of some of us. Over 100,000 reserved already (1 Viewer)

But to bring back the Maverick and put it on a "truck"? Really? I took my Driver's test in the family 4 door back in 74 and it doesnt bring back fond memories. Not of the test, I passed, but of the non lady action of the POS my parents made me drive.

But to bring back the Maverick and put it on a "truck"? Really? I took my Driver's test in the family 4 door back in 74 and it doesnt bring back fond memories. Not of the test, I passed, but of the non lady action of the POS my parents made me drive.
Congrats on passing your driving test.  Hopefully things have gotten better with the ladies. 

Never had great experiences with Fords personally and people I've known. I had a Ford Ranger (90 something year model) and it blew the transmission shortly after 100k. Coworker's current Expedition, which is only a year or two old, is in the shop for some crazy drive malfunction error that popped up. They couldn't even get it in neutral supposedly it was being towed. 

If this was a Honda/Toyota/maybe Hyundai/etc. Maverick, I'd consider it.

I was stationed in West Germany from 81-83. The final day of our 2 week orientation when I arrived, was an MP walking in and giving us a lecture about buying the assorted sports cars available in the German used car market and then thinking we were Burt Reynolds in the Bandit. He pointed to his radio and told us they had something faster than any car we could buy. They drove Ford Mavericks. We laughed. The locals were the real issue. The Bonk Bonks (Polizei)  drove real cars. I just can't take anything called a Maverick by Ford serious.

Probably paid endorsements but the media seems to like the new Maverick:

Car and Driver

ARS Technica

The Drive

This is honestly the kind of vehicle I need. My commute is too long for a real truck guzzling gas, but would like something to carry a bike, occasional DIY projects and still drive like a car. Then again, I liked El Caminos as a kid.

Probably paid endorsements but the media seems to like the new Maverick:

Car and Driver

ARS Technica

The Drive

This is honestly the kind of vehicle I need. My commute is too long for a real truck guzzling gas, but would like something to carry a bike, occasional DIY projects and still drive like a car. Then again, I liked El Caminos as a kid.
Loved the El Camino. As a high schooler if you knew a guy who drove one of those he was the guy willing to buy you beer. 

Love my F150. Smoothest riding vehicle I've ever owned. Wouldn't own any other type of Ford because most of their vehicles are garbage. But their trucks are great. 

Anyone take/planning to take the splurge on the Maverick?

I am always leery of the first year or two of a model. I don’t want to be the one discovering all the bugs that need to be fixed. I do like the price point though and am intrigued by these trucks. 

• Smile
Reactions: SWC

I am always leery of the first year or two of a model. I don’t want to be the one discovering all the bugs that need to be fixed. I do like the price point though and am intrigued by these trucks. 

The first year bugs are not as big an issue now with all auto companies. With computer CAD designs and using same platforms is goes much smoother now.  I think this will be a winner for Ford.  for many people the F-150s are too big for their garages, and women drivers like pickups but again for the average non-construction person they are too big for what people really need.

I am going to have one for a week next month.  Will check back in with details.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first year bugs are not as big an issue now with all auto companies. With computer CAD designs and using same platforms is goes much smoother now.  I think this will be a winner for Ford.  for many people the F-150s are too big for their garages, and women drivers like pickups but again for the average non-construction person they are too big for what people really need.

I am going to have one for a week next month.  Will check back in with details.
My 2009 traverse disagrees lol

I've put 1000 miles on a hybrid Maverick marketing unit.  It is fantastic.  As soon as they can get a driver to deliver from the railyard to the dealership, I'll be an owner.   

2022 models are sold out for both gas and hybrid - orders for the 2023s will begin this summer.  

I've put 1000 miles on a hybrid Maverick marketing unit.  It is fantastic.  As soon as they can get a driver to deliver from the railyard to the dealership, I'll be an owner.   

2022 models are sold out for both gas and hybrid - orders for the 2023s will begin this summer.  
There will be some stock units on lots and hybrid retails that customers decides they did not want.  I was able to buy a company car that Ford decided to flip to dealer stock. 

Ford does not mess around with their trucks.

I’ve owned two F150’s - bought my current one in October. With my jobs I’ve driven Chevy and the Dodge pickups. The Ford truck is by far the better of all of them. I have no doubt that Maverick will be solid (though I hate the name because the Ford Maverick was a turd car back in the day).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not my cup of tea, but I hope to see any smaller truck to succeed. I miss having some smaller truck options.

Obviously would never happen, but I'd love for Toyota, Nissan and Ford to just go back to the 80's/90's/early aughts and just start building some of those models again. 

Users who are viewing this thread