What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Former staffer accuses Joe Biden of sexual assault (2 Viewers)

Has Bernie said anything about this yet? I can’t find anything. 

Its fun to point out the bias Democrat media covering this up, but at some point Bernie has to say something.
I do feel bad for Bernie and Liz as they might had had a chance to be the nominee if this came out sooner.  Was anyone sitting on the story?

Exactly...I don’t think many dems are saying don't let the woman be heard...haven't seen the narrative that she is just out for political retribution and brought out by the deep state.  Pretty much none of the rhetoric that we saw out of Trump supporters about his accusations.  But yes...its the dems who are the hypocrites...
Pretty much is, because it is the Dems who cry we must believe all women and claim to have zero tolerance for such behavior.  

There isn’t two dozen pictures of President Trump getting handsy and smelling woman like with Biden. In fact, I don’t believe there is one. 
There are more accusations of sexual assault.  If you want to be consistent...you'd say if its disqualifying for one...its disqualifying for both.

Pretty much is, because it is the Dems who cry we must believe all women and claim to have zero tolerance for such behavior.  
And what was the response to that?  By many of those in this thread bashing Biden?  So no hypocrisy by Trump supporters?  Come in jon...you can see there clearly is.
The right and those who voted for Trump and/or support and defend him have no leg to stand on here...if its disqualifying for Joe...then it is for Trump too.  Its a simple concept.

The blind spots on some of you guys are wild. Clinton was a precedent. Trump's was completely justified and clearly so to anyone with at least half a functioning brain.
Not talking about the acts themselves but the procedures involved to facilitate them.  Then again that should be obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Not talking about the acts themselves but the procedures involved to facilitate them.  Then again that should be obvious to anyone with half a brain.
Like refusing to allow principals to testify? Or refusing to hold a hearing in the Senate after the House justifiably impeached? Those procedures?

And what was the response to that?  By many of those in this thread bashing Biden?  So no hypocrisy by Trump supporters?  Come in jon...you can see there clearly is.
The right and those who voted for Trump and/or support and defend him have no leg to stand on here...if its disqualifying for Joe...then it is for Trump too.  Its a simple concept.
It is the Dems who really made it a huge issue and took the holy high-road on.  When you do that you better act pristine.  I was called every name in the book for even suggesting that Ford might be acting political (she was as later confirmed by her lawyer).  Dems deserved to be called out.  

My state already had its primary...as have others and the people appear to prefer Joe.  Bernie is a big tome ling #### with what is left.
Thats a good excuse and all, but bernie is still in the race. If people werent hypocrites and said joe needs to step down or be replaced, like they did with kavanaugh, then Bernie would be the nominee. 

In fact, up until the convention, it is not joe vs trump. 

No matter how much people want that to be true to give their hypocrisy cover.

I do feel bad for Bernie and Liz as they might had had a chance to be the nominee if this came out sooner.  Was anyone sitting on the story?
It wouldn't have made one bit of difference as Democrats would not be taking this unsubstantiated allegation from 1973 any more seriously then than they are now. 

It is the Dems who really made it a huge issue and took the holy high-road on.  When you do that you better act pristine.  I was called every name in the book for even suggesting that Ford might be acting political (she was as later confirmed by her lawyer).  Dems deserved to be called out.  
And when you defend it as the GoP dod...they are hypocrites to rail on Biden for what they excused their own for.  Thats the point. To inly claim the dems are hypocrites is laughable.

And so you must also then believe this person is acting politically, right?  Or inly when people accuse a Republican?

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't have made one bit of difference as Democrats would not be taking this unsubstantiated allegation from 1973 any more seriously then than they are now. 
Admitting hypocrisy is quite the big step forward. Congrats, the first step is always the hardest.

Pathetic frame of mind.
A poor frame of mind is a Trump supporter energetically attacking Joe for a distant claim from a single person, while remaining nearly silent about Trumps many accusers and many proven examples of terrible behavior towards women.

Not saying this is you, but there are many that fit this description.

ren hoek said:
Yes:

And now Newsweek is covering it-
Just to go through these:

• Buck Sexton and Krystal Ball at Hill TV. Hm, ok, pass.
  • The yahoo piece is an op-ed.
  • Etc, the others just talk about the original podcast with Katie Halper. 
My question was about original reporting, though I realize I did not make that clear. This is still all (like all these pieces) about the interview with Halper.

I'm going to look at the Newsweek piece for reference, fyi, and thanks for posting that.

- Newsweek points to The Intercept, which also points to a local news article. Good stuff, that helps, especially the local reporting, which is original journalism.

- I think it's may be helpful to realize that Reade is not coming from the perspective of say a Ford, who had basically squirreled herself in academia for 30 years. Reade apparently has some very active views, apparently some very pro-Putin / anti-globalist views in the past. Obviously that's not a crime, or even related to evaluating her claims, but it just so happens she sounds like an anti-institutionalist.

- Apparently at least one friend and a couple family members support her claims she talked about in the past before the campaign began.

I'm willing to listen and keep my ears open on this. 

what rhymes with Sleepy?

adonis said:
A poor frame of mind is a Trump supporter energetically attacking Joe for a distant claim from a single person, while remaining nearly silent about Trumps many accusers and many proven examples of terrible behavior towards women.

Not saying this is you, but there are many that fit this description.
many? why so vague?

22 and counting 

sho nuff said:
I think we all know Trumps history.  This is thread is about Biden and we should discuss Biden's missteps.   What do we want as an opponent?  A person not quite as bad?  If anything has happened it should come out now and let us decide if we want to move forward with Biden  As we have seen in the past these things tend to snowball. Biden is as "Old school" as they come.  70s, 80s, and 90s before social media a lot of stuff was easily swept under the rug.

I think we all know Trumps history.  This is thread is about Biden and we should discuss Biden's missteps.   What do we want as an opponent?  A person not quite as bad?  If anything has happened it should come out now and let us decide if we want to move forward with Biden  As we have seen in the past these things tend to snowball.
Sure. The point was we have many Trump supporters  in here talking about it and making claims that dels are hypocrites...and that this is disqualifying and so on...

Im fone...as I said...if he steps down.  But if Trump posters want to claim that...they should be consistent and say Trump should do the same.  Its not a difficult concept.  Just find it odd for Trump supporters (or those that have defended he and Kavanaugh)to be lecturing anyone on this topic.

squistion said:

I think we all know Trumps history.  This is thread is about Biden and we should discuss Biden's missteps.   What do we want as an opponent?  A person not quite as bad?  If anything has happened it should come out now and let us decide if we want to move forward with Biden  As we have seen in the past these things tend to snowball. Biden is as "Old school" as they come.  70s, 80s, and 90s before social media a lot of stuff was easily swept under the rug.
The snowball turned into an avalanche for Trump and he got elected anyway because his supports didn't care, still don't care and if a hundred other women came forward, wouldn't care in the future. Trump supporters can talk about this 24/7 but the end result will only hurt Trump because it will remind people of all the accusations of sexual harassment and assault against him.

The snowball turned into an avalanche for Trump and he got elected anyway because his supports didn't care, still don't care and if a hundred other women came forward, wouldn't care in the future. Trump supporters can talk about this 24/7 but the end result will only hurt Trump because it will remind people of all the accusations of sexual harassment and assault against him.
I get it.  And they have been talked about here thousands of times.

What do we want though?  Should we care?

The title is about Biden's harassments.

You're saying it will never hurt Trump, but Biden's will hurt Trump?

You're saying it will never hurt Trump, but Biden's will hurt Trump?
What I am saying is that none of it has hurt Trump one bit among his supporters, so why should that change? However talking about this one flimsy accusation against Biden will only focus attention again on all the accusations against Trump, which certainly can't help him among the few undecided and independent voters out there. 

What I am saying is that none of it has hurt Trump one bit among his supporters, so why should that change? However talking about this one flimsy accusation against Biden will only focus attention again on all the accusations against Trump, which certainly can't help him among the few undecided and independent voters out there. 
Because Republicans are "deplorables".  Democrats are the moral compass of the world.  So it should hurt Biden and not Trump, assuming the Democrats aren't full of crap. 

sho nuff said:
And when you defend it as the GoP dod...they are hypocrites to rail on Biden for what they excused their own for.  Thats the point. To inly claim the dems are hypocrites is laughable.

And so you must also then believe this person is acting politically, right?  Or inly when people accuse a Republican?
I believed Ford was acting politically because she telegraphed it with her behavior in every move.  Coordinating with Democratic operatives, tactically making up lies to delay the vote, always being critical of everything Republicans did while never Democrats eventhough it was obvious Democrats leaked the story allegedly against her will.  Ford was a known liberal who was a staunch supporter of abortion rights, so her actions were consistent with her motive. I have no idea what woukd motivate this woman.  Does she have some angle to profit off of it?  I would assume she is kind of politically aligned with Biden, so a political angle is doubtful.  

Because Republicans are "deplorables".  Democrats are the moral compass of the world.  So it should hurt Biden and not Trump, assuming the Democrats aren't full of crap. 
Meh. Let's see how this plays out. The only people it has resonated with around here would never vote for Biden anyway and were already attacking  him in the other Biden bashing threads.

If the Democrats ever had any moral compass to begin with they certainly lost it when they embraced abortion.

Meh. Let's see how this plays out. The only people it has resonated with around here would never vote for Biden anyway and were already attacking  him in the other Biden bashing threads.
Exactly, people will cast their vote for November for their candidate.  What we say here is irrelevant.  Heck our voting numbers in the PSF could not sway a local school board election in Hooterville.

Reade in December:

“What if I told you that everything you learned about Russia was wrong? President Putin scares the power elite in America because he is a compassionate, caring, visionary leader. … To President Putin, I say keep your eyes to the beautiful future and maybe, just maybe America will come to see Russia as I do, with eyes of love. To all my Russian friends, happy holiday and Happy New Year.”

Her story has also changed in the past year.

I believed Ford was acting politically because she telegraphed it with her behavior in every move.  Coordinating with Democratic operatives, tactically making up lies to delay the vote, always being critical of everything Republicans did while never Democrats eventhough it was obvious Democrats leaked the story allegedly against her will.  Ford was a known liberal who was a staunch supporter of abortion rights, so her actions were consistent with her motive. I have no idea what woukd motivate this woman.  Does she have some angle to profit off of it?  I would assume she is kind of politically aligned with Biden, so a political angle is doubtful.  
This is absolute nonsense and you should be ashamed of yourself.  Ford’s life as she knew it was destroyed by coming forward, and by all accounts she suffered greatly.  

Stop this crap jon.  You’re better than this.  

ETA:  Dr Ford’s attorney clarifying her remarks:  https://msmagazine.com/2019/10/09/setting-the-record-straight-dr-christine-blasey-fords-legal-team-speaks-out/

I guess we'll find out what bothers voters more then in a few months. Sexual assault allegations, or unabated, runaway dementia.

Widbil83 said:
Its fun to point out the bias Democrat media covering this up.
This isn’t happening. 

Whats happening is that the Coronavirus crisis is dominating 100% of all news and will continue to do so until it’s over. With good reason. Nothing is going to break through that. 

I guess we'll find out what bothers voters more then in a few months. Sexual assault allegations, or unabated, runaway dementia.
Biden just needs to limit one on one interviews and public Q and As where these gaffes seem to always happen.  Advisors need to keep Joe on a tightly scripted and well rehearsed speech and he will be OK.

Ja'Mal Green @JaymalGreen

Warren claimed Sanders said "A woman can't beat Trump" and EVERY news outlet covered it FOR DAYS. Biden has SEXUAL ASSAULT allegations against him and....media silence. If you don't see what's going on, you're just not looking.

I would like someone to look into this allegation, but the idea that this should get the same attention as an admitted sexual assaulter and the 20-30 women who were accusing him of abuse is crazy.  This would be extraordinarily out of character for a man who has been under the microscope for decades. On the other hand, it’s completely in character for Trump, by his own words. 

I would like someone to look into this allegation, but the idea that this should get the same attention as an admitted sexual assaulter and the 20-30 women who were accusing him of abuse is crazy.  This would be extraordinarily out of character for a man who has been under the microscope for decades. On the other hand, it’s completely in character for Trump, by his own words. 
I don't really get the position of counting up the number of sexual assault allegations like there is some tier.  Either you are or you aren't.  Once is too many.  I'm not going to justify it or lessen it because the other guy has done it more.  There are a number of other candidates the Dems could back that don't have one allegation.  It's going to be fun to watch people who were so appalled by the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings to try and justify voting for Biden.  

This isn’t happening. 

Whats happening is that the Coronavirus crisis is dominating 100% of all news and will continue to do so until it’s over. With good reason. Nothing is going to break through that. 
Not sure if they have been shamed into covering it since this morning, but CNN, MSNBC, the New York Times and Washington Post are all silent. It absolutely is being covered up by a large segment of the media.

I don't really get the position of counting up the number of sexual assault allegations like there is some tier.  Either you are or you aren't.  Once is too many.  I'm not going to justify it or lessen it because the other guy has done it more.  There are a number of other candidates the Dems could back that don't have one allegation.  It's going to be fun to watch people who were so appalled by the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings to try and justify voting for Biden.  
Same...as I said...that it will be fin watching those who defended  Kavanaugh and Trump get all righteous now...as several in this very thread have.  All while claiming its the dems who are hypocrites.

Also there still remains a difference between a lifetime appointment and an elected position with term limits.

Users who are viewing this thread