What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Franchises/American chains you've never been to or don't care about (2 Viewers)

Culvers food is OK, but their frozen custard is awesome! @Underachievers opinion? We go there every once in a while when visiting in-laws near GB.

We were never allowed to go to RR when one of my kids was little. We were visited by the mascot one time, and it scared him to death!!
Agreed.  The custard is great but the rest has become nothing special.   Their mushroom and swiss burgers used to be top-notch but now they're just bland like their signature butter burgers have become.

I've been on this earth four decades and still have yet to step foot into Long John Silver 

Never been to Arbys or Red Lobster.
arby's potato cakes with both the red sauce and horsey sauce is one of my favorite fast food things - and their regular roast beef sandwiches are good too (of course with lots of red/horsey sauce).  

the potato cakes are like the largest, best hash brown patties you've ever had (and they are always made fresh ...not sitting around).

I want you should try this meal getz.  

Agreed.  The custard is great but the rest has become nothing special.   Their mushroom and swiss burgers used to be top-notch but now they're just bland like their signature butter burgers have become.
Familiar with the original Wisconsin locations, but now they’ve made it into FL.  Went there for the first time a few weeks ago and had the most bland sourdough burger I’ve ever had.  It’s like they went out of their way to make it flavorless.

This thread made me hungry for Arthur Treachers.  I see that there is still one in one of my old "hometowns", Cuyahoga Falls, OH - my in-laws still live there.  Will definitely hit it up this summer.  

Binky The Doormat said:
arby's potato cakes with both the red sauce and horsey sauce is one of my favorite fast food things - and their regular roast beef sandwiches are good too (of course with lots of red/horsey sauce).  

the potato cakes are like the largest, best hash brown patties you've ever had (and they are always made fresh ...not sitting around).

I want you should try this meal getz.  
Who the #### calls Arby's Sauce "red sauce"?

Outback is incredible if you don't order the steak.  Chicken and/or Shrimp on the barbie, blooming onion and free brown bread + butter.  Not a better fast casual chain for the price.  

Never been to Big Lots, Art Vann, rent-a-center, Panda Express, Wells Fargo (criminals), Red Robin, Burlington Coat Factory, jeff’s Models, or IHOP. 

Fat Drunk and Stupid said:
I'm as big of an In'N'Out wonk as there is on the board but I have really come around to the notion that their fries are mediocre at best.  I get them well done, which helps but the fact that they even offer that "off menu" preparation tells us that they know their standard fry isn't good.

Yeah, that was curious. I've been to Chili's once, about 20 years ago, but I doubt very many (any?) chain restaurants have anything on the menu that's remotely spicy. I'd imagine anything carrying a hint of capsaicin is going to be more than balanced out by mayo or sugar, or both. They'll ride a sriracha or habanero fad every once in a while, drowned in other crap to mask any true heat, but it'll obivoulsy never be hard to a non-spicy option at a chain restaurant. Even if the name and logo might imply spicy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I never visited a chain restaraunt again, I wouldn't be disappointed.  I mean, sure...some places are better but I have no attachment to any of these.

I eat fast food for convenience. I eat at chain restaraunts for familiarity.  I don't go to any chain restaraunt because I actually want to.

Boy do I ever regret going to Captain D's. Wretched.

Never been to Del Taco, think that's a regional thing.

Users who are viewing this thread