What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Frisman Jackson (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk2448

Footballguy
Frisman Jackson is a 4 year veteran and has not made much noise. He was a back up QB and starting WR at Western Illinois. Was his week 1 a fluke or has Dilfer found a favorite receiver.

Needing a WR I am contemplating droping Charles Rogers for him.

Important Note about the Shark Pool

Threads that are asking for advice on how you should draft or manage your team or league belong in the Assistant Coach's Forum.

The Shark Pool is reserved for sharing NFL talk and general fantasy football strategy discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd pick him up immediately. I see him having a huge season. Something like 1400 yds, 89 catches, 12 TDs.

Please do a search. There are at least 10 threads dealing either specifically with frisman or Week 1 WW in general.

Wouldnt really say favorite reciever Northcutt and Bryant each had 9 targets (frisman had 10). Frisman did a better job of catching the ball but i didnt see the game so i dont know if he got a lot of the underneath stuff and stretched them into nice gains or what happened.

I'd pick him up immediately.  I see him having a huge season.  Something like 1400 yds, 89 catches, 12 TDs.
I tried that but someone else beat me to it. So I had to trade Holt for him.

I'd pick him up immediately. I see him having a huge season. Something like 1400 yds, 89 catches, 12 TDs.
I did a search using"Frisman Jackson" and it turned up npthing from the last 7 days, which is the time frame i feel is relevent to a new post

In two or three weeks, everything will go back to the way it was before the season. Most will not even know who F Jackson is. Somehow having a WR #3 or #4 (when Edwards passes him) on the Cleveland Browns doesn't excite me. Especially playing in the same division with such good defenses as Balt and Pitt, having to play them twice. Throw in the fact who is throwing the rock......see what I mean Vern?

In two or three weeks, everything will go back to the way it was before the season. Most will not even know who F Jackson is. Somehow having a WR #3 or #4 (when Edwards passes him) on the Cleveland Browns doesn't excite me. Especially playing in the same division with such good defenses as Balt and Pitt, having to play them twice. Throw in the fact who is throwing the rock......see what I mean Vern?
Jackson is not pick-up worthy. The Bengals probably didn't know who he was and left him open all game.That won't happen again.

In two or three weeks, everything will go back to the way it was before the season.  Most will not even know who F Jackson is.  Somehow having a WR #3 or #4 (when Edwards passes him) on the Cleveland Browns doesn't excite me.  Especially playing in the same division with such good defenses as Balt and Pitt, having to play them twice.  Throw in the fact who is throwing the rock......see what I mean Vern?
Jackson is not pick-up worthy. The Bengals probably didn't know who he was and left him open all game.That won't happen again.
He was being covered by a DE on his long TD catch.

I just picked him up in a deep dynasty league...dropped Courtney Roby to do so. I figure that anyone that makes eight catches in a game has a chance to play alot during the year, so it can't hurt! It's not like he had 3 catches for 100, that might be a fluke. But if you are getting that many looks, then you will get at least some looks thoughout the season!?!? :thumbup:

This has "one week wonder" written all over it.If you go to the NFL.com play-by-play, you'd see that 3 of his receptions came on the final drive Cleveland had in the 1st half (I think it was the last 39 seconds). He had 4 others come on another drive in the 4th quarter.Nice that he had a 61 yard TD reception, but I didn't watch the game, so I don't know more than that he had a TD.Two keys, IMHO, he had no other times of the game in which he was even targeted than the drive at the end of the half; the one drive in the 4th quarter and the 61 yd TD, and that Cleveland had a TE (Heiden?) go down to injury in that game. That tells me that Cleveland's offense/game plan had to do some improvising during the game & Frisman Jackson is not part of the game plan.Build this guy up to your league mates. Make them waste a free agent pick on him. Stay away from this guy.

:thumbup:

This has "one week wonder" written all over it.

If you go to the NFL.com play-by-play, you'd see that 3 of his receptions came on the final drive Cleveland had in the 1st half (I think it was the last 39 seconds). He had 4 others come on another drive in the 4th quarter.

Nice that he had a 61 yard TD reception, but I didn't watch the game, so I don't know more than that he had a TD.

Two keys, IMHO, he had no other times of the game in which he was even targeted than the drive at the end of the half; the one drive in the 4th quarter and the 61 yd TD, and that Cleveland had a TE (Heiden?) go down to injury in that game. That tells me that Cleveland's offense/game plan had to do some improvising during the game & Frisman Jackson is not part of the game plan.

Build this guy up to your league mates. Make them waste a free agent pick on him. Stay away from this guy.
:thumbup: Thank You for a good and intelligent reply to my post!!

None of us know if he'll be worth a spot after this week so to everyone saying he's definitely a 1 week wonder I have a bridge to sell you...These same guys probably missed out on Boldin!

None of us know if he'll be worth a spot after this week so to everyone saying he's definitely a 1 week wonder I have a bridge to sell you...

These same guys probably missed out on Boldin!
I guess everyone should hurry to pick up TE Wilcox Balt. 78 yds and a TD.

The difference is Frisman has been lingering around CLE for a few years, while Boldin was a 2nd round pick on a team with no bonafide starters. Boldin's first game (to me) was surprising but no fluke, whereas I'd say Frisman's is a fluke considering this is 4th year in the league.When given playing time, Frisman has filled in nicely, but CLE wouldn't have drafted Edwards or traded for Bryant if they felt Frisman was the answer. As a 3rd WR, he'll have a few 100yd + TD games to go along with his 1 for 7 games, that's about it. He's probably worth a roster spot in deep dynastys/keepers at least this year while Edwards is on the steep part of the learning curve.Disclosure: I've had Frisman on my deeeep dynasty league at least twice now, dropped him right before this year's rookie draft. I'd probably have a different perspective if I had kept him, but I dropped him because I didn't foresee him being anything more than a #3-4 WR and special teamer.

None of us know if he'll be worth a spot after this week so to everyone saying he's definitely a 1 week wonder I have a bridge to sell you...

Courtney Anderson and Alex Smith drew alot of attention on the waiver wires!

FRisman doesn't have a Heap ahead of him :ph34r:

No, but A Bryant and Northcutt are, and Braylon Edwards will be.

No, but A Bryant and Northcutt are, and Braylon Edwards will be.
But Bryant & Northcutt haven't shown any eliteness yet.DOn't get me wrong, I don't think Jackson will be anything special either, but you never know.

For someone 6'3" and close to 220 lbs., he's got the size. The long TD pass suggests he has some speed. He was tageted 9 times and caught 8 of them so he showed decent hands and either the passes were right on, he adjusts well to the ball, or some of both. I lean more on the side that he won't have another game like that one, but Cleveland does not have any WR on there team that has proven in the past to be a solid #1 WR. Bryant has the talent, and also a ton of hype, but I've yet to see anything consistent enough from him to be sold that he can be a true #1 WR. Edwards was drafted for the role, but he still has some improving to do.I'm by no means saying Fris can do it and the others can't, and I also didn't watch that game close enough to get a real good look at Jackson, but blowing it off as a one-week wonder could be a mistake. If he can be had for cheap, and you have room on your roster, what do you really have to lose? You can always cut him after week 2 or 3 and get your back-up kicker back.Probably fools gold, but it doesn't hurt to pick it up and inspect it.

frisman could have some value if one of the other receivers are injured. otherwise, save yourself the roster space, he is at absolute best the 4th option. if anything, bump up dilfer. cleveland's defense looks gawd awful this year, probably even worse than last year. they will undoubtably be playing catchup early most of the time, and dilfer is showing that he is a veteran who knows how to take what the defense gives him, instead of constantly forcing the ball, like past browns qbs.

Hate to say this (as a browns fan) but I agree w/ Johnny...Gonna be a long season yet again. :banned:

With all those WRs on the team, I wouldn't put much value into him. I still dont understand the Browns. They've had a bunch of WR talent (Andre Davis, Northcutt, Morgan, Kevin Johnson, Bryant etc.) and haven't been able to build a passing attack... I wouldn't expect much from any CLE WR week-to-week right now.

With all those WRs on the team, I wouldn't put much value into him. I still dont understand the Browns. They've had a bunch of WR talent (Andre Davis, Northcutt, Morgan, Kevin Johnson, Bryant etc.) and haven't been able to build a passing attack... I wouldn't expect much from any CLE WR week-to-week right now.
maybe cause all those guys are overrated and at best #2 or #3 wr's

I'd pick him up immediately.  I see him having a huge season.  Something like 1400 yds, 89 catches, 12 TDs.
I did a search using"Frisman Jackson" and it turned up npthing from the last 7 days, which is the time frame i feel is relevent to a new post
I just did the search you described, and found all of the threads. Sometimes the search function is fickle. Try the search again, there's a bunch of great info there.

I watched the game. Jackson's TD was more a result of poor D than anything else. I give him credit for making the grab and running it in, but just don't expect such long TDs from him normally. Almost all of the rest of his catches came from a single drive late in the game when the defense seemed to forget about him completely and he had like 5 or 6 catches in a row (when someone else finally made a catch the announcers were like "Another catch. This time NOT by Jackson"), and was mostly ignored the rest of the game. Because of this, I really don't think he'll be making too many fantasy waves the rest of the season.

Its the crappy offensive line, and now, the crappy QB. Frisman is a one week wonder, an undrafted rookie of 4 years ago that has been fighting for a spot on the practice squad. Bryant, Edwards, and Northcutt will get 95% of the WR looks throughout the rest of the season. :goodposting:

Well I got space on my roster.I just dropped Derrick Blaylock and picked up Frisman Jackson.I basically got last dibs on waiver wire cause I won last week.Hopefully he's something...

There is nothing wrong with grabbing him if you have space. Like someone else mentioned, ya never know.

Dropped Charles Lee for him. No damage done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread