What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FS Madieu Williams OUT (1 Viewer)

Williams got dinged in practice on Friday and is listed as Questionable. If anyone hears an update please post it.Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard game time decision, shoulder.... that's all I know. I have to decide who to play in his place myself, Bowens or K Carpenter.

I heard game time decision, shoulder.... that's all I know. I have to decide who to play in his place myself, Bowens or K Carpenter.
I'd probably go with Bowens if we don't hear any good news regarding Williams. I'm in much worse shape. I already have Polamalu out for his bye and my only option for replacing Madieu is Thomas Davis. Davis will probably be a force later in the year, but he is getting minimal playing time right now.

Williams got dinged in practice on Friday and is listed as Questionable. If anyone hears an update please post it.

Thanks
Good info here. Lots of M. Williams owners will appreciate. :goodposting:

Deltha O'Neal doesn't need help the way he's been going.. Going against Houston, his tackle numbers may go down this week, although there is a certainly a chance for a pick from Carr.

Williams is out for the game today. Too late for me to change my lineup, but maybe this will help someone else.
Too late? Wow, you need to get that changed. Every league I'm in allows changes up until game time.

Bengals | M. Williams Possible Torn LabrumSun, 2 Oct 2005 09:15:46 -0700Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Bengals, reports Cincinnati Bengals FS Madieu Williams (shoulder) is believed to have a torn labrum. SS Kevin Kaesviharn moves back to free safety and S Ifeanyi Ohalete will start at strong safety.

Bengals | M. Williams Possible Torn Labrum

Sun, 2 Oct 2005 09:15:46 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Bengals, reports Cincinnati Bengals FS Madieu Williams (shoulder) is believed to have a torn labrum. SS Kevin Kaesviharn moves back to free safety and S Ifeanyi Ohalete will start at strong safety.
Is there a Doctor in the house?Does anyone know how long Williams would be out if he has a torn labrum?

Too late for me too given that I was away from my 'puter all morning. :sadbanana:Of course, I'm leading by more than 50 so :pickle:

From Bengals.com...

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=4703

Williams practiced in shoulder pads and shorts but didn't go in 11-on-11 drills. Earlier in the week, Williams said he'd have to get the feel of the shoulder harness before he made a decision on whether he could go.

My guess is he really wants to play on national TV Sunday night, but that he knows it makes more sense to let what's being described as an "unstable" shoulder heal at least another week or two and keep himself as healthy as possible for the Steeler game in two weeks.

bengals.com is easily the best official team site for general inside information and injury updates in the league. Hopefully we'll have info on Madieu early enough to make our lineup decisions.

Well a torn labrum is much more serious with Qb's and baseball picthers (a la Rich Gannon and Matt Hasselbeck). What the injury does it restricts an overhead motion that both a QB and MLB pitchers need to throw- thus reducing velocity significantly. As a DB, Madieu Williams wont need that motion too often unless he's reaching very hight for a pass deflection or INT. So his stats SHOULDNT suffer but i dont know the prognosis on how long he will be out.Nonetheless- is he a good play this week if he returns? I dont see the tackles comming and even if he does end up starting, I wouldnt be surprised seeing him come out early if Cincy is up big.

Well a torn labrum is much more serious with Qb's and baseball picthers (a la Rich Gannon and Matt Hasselbeck). What the injury does it restricts an overhead motion that both a QB and MLB pitchers need to throw- thus reducing velocity significantly. As a DB, Madieu Williams wont need that motion too often unless he's reaching very hight for a pass deflection or INT. So his stats SHOULDNT suffer but i dont know the prognosis on how long he will be out.

Nonetheless- is he a good play this week if he returns? I dont see the tackles comming and even if he does end up starting, I wouldnt be surprised seeing him come out early if Cincy is up big.
The Jags have been a solid matchup for safeties in general.Week 4/Denver Ferguson/Lynch 2-0-0

Week 3/NYJets Rhodes/Coleman 7-6-0, INT

Week 2/Indianapolis Sanders/Doss 18-2-0

Week 1/Seattle Boulware/Hamlin 10-0-0

The SS generally outproduced the FS in every game; however, Coleman and Sanders had nice games as FS. Williams is a playmaker in the Bengals defense, used in roaming coverages and blitzes on passing downs, but is more often seen supporting the run than the garden variety FS (think Sanders, old school DSharper). So he'd be a fine start if healthy.

I agree that a defensive player may be better able to accomodate for an unstable shoulder, although it certainly will have an affect on tackling/jamming leverage/getting off blocks etc. But, if Williams can go, and is healthy enough that the Bengals don't rotate the thumping Ohalete in on running downs, he should be worth starting. Lot of ifs though. Unfortunately, since the game is Sunday night, we may not know in time to make the right decision.

Users who are viewing this thread