What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread-Playoffs-Indianapolis@Kansas (2 Viewers)

If I'm the Colts, I gotta switch up the kickoff stuff. Hall has it today. Go squib, heck go out of bounds if you must. I know that sounds crazy, the second point, but I think it must be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a great return by Dante...but two things:1) The Chiefs D is awful, the Colts have shredded them all day, and:2) The Chiefs D has to be exhausted.I'd be shocked if the Colts don't go right back downfield here.

That play by D. Hall helped the Chiefs on the scoreboard, the only negative I see in it though however, is that the KC D is right back on the field. Look for them to be GASSED at the end of the game.

They're starting to look like the KC Chiefs again.(Don't hold that against me :bag: )

Yes, the Chiefs defense sucks and can't stop Manning - that's not why they will lose, though.
:shock: i dont know what else to say.
Then you haven't read my posts in this thread or all week - I ALWAYS said this would be a 45 to 40 type game, that would come down to both teams' execution on offense, not on whether the Chiefs' defense can stop Manning.
I don't even know if it's a matter of the KC D pulling its head out of its ###. It's just a matter of whether the Colt O will play like mortals for a drive or two. I've never seen an offense execute so flawlessly every quarter for two weeks. No drops strung together, no TO's, no nothing. A punt would be a minor miracle at this point.Despite which, a punt is all KC needs to potentially pull even again.

1) The Chiefs D is awful, the Colts have shredded them all day, and:
They have a chance to turn it around here. If they can't, there will be no question that this DEFENSE is why they're going home.

That was a great return by Dante...but two things:1) The Chiefs D is awful, the Colts have shredded them all day, and:2) The Chiefs D has to be exhausted.I'd be shocked if the Colts don't go right back downfield here.
C-pella beat me to the punch by a minute.Great minds think alike. :thumbup:

Wow, nice conversion by Manning on third down. Let's give this guy MAJOR props for pulling off all the line-of-scrimmage jockeying in that loud a stadium. Many times, it's come down to the final second of the play clock, too.

Yes, the Chiefs defense sucks and can't stop Manning - that's not why they will lose, though.
:shock: i dont know what else to say.
Then you haven't read my posts in this thread or all week - I ALWAYS said this would be a 45 to 40 type game, that would come down to both teams' execution on offense, not on whether the Chiefs' defense can stop Manning.
Yeh, but even you had to assume no matter what, the Chiefs D would have to stop them at least once.edited to strategically place a comma

HarrisonWayneStokleyPollardChiefs can't cover them all.BTW--James has not caught a pass yet in the game. Too many weapons today.

If this game does go to OT, I got some silly advice:Make sure you win the coin flip.(Okay, so I'm late with this one. Sorry 'bout that, folks!)

I've never seen an offense execute so flawlessly every quarter for two weeks. No drops strung together, no TO's, no nothing. A punt would be a minor miracle at this point.
Absolutely correct - most true statement made about the Colts.I thought there'd be a couple of miscue in Arrowhead by the Colts, but with the way the Colts are executing, Hall can run back every kickoff for a TD and the Colts will still win the game.

Wow, that's Cedric Jones! :) (Looks like I can *finally* make that soda-bathroom run.)

I've read them. You've been pimping the Chiefs all week in about 15 different threads. :thumbup: Linky
Sure have - and WHY? Their offense - dropped passes in the end zone will kill an offense's effectiveness.What did I say in this thread, which disputes that? If not for the two dropped passes in the endzone, the Chiefs would be doing what I said - staying ahead of the Colts' scoring. Like I said - dropped passes. It's the biggest reason the Chiefs can point to if they lose the game.

lol, Manning is killing these guys.####, I got to go the FSU basketball game...but want to see the end of this. :(

I've read them. You've been pimping the Chiefs all week in about 15 different threads. :thumbup: Linky
Sure have - and WHY? Their offense - dropped passes in the end zone will kill an offense's effectiveness.What did I say in this thread, which disputes that? If not for the two dropped passes in the endzone, the Chiefs would be doing what I said - staying ahead of the Colts' scoring. Like I said - dropped passes. It's the biggest reason the Chiefs can point to if they lose the game.
Your right, the Chiefs D is doing their job, they did hold the Colts to a FG once.

I've read them.  You've been pimping the Chiefs all week in about 15 different threads.  :thumbup: Linky
Your right, the Chiefs D is doing their job, they did hold the Colts to a FG once.
They're really starting to put it together this drive, though. :thumbup:

I've read them.  You've been pimping the Chiefs all week in about 15 different threads.   :thumbup: Linky
They're really starting to put it together this drive, though. :thumbup:
yeh, twice they took the Colts to 3rd down :excited:

I've read them.  You've been pimping the Chiefs all week in about 15 different threads.  :thumbup: Linky
Dude I'm NOT saying anything about the Chiefs' D - yes, it sucks. I never said different.You are apparently discounting my point - w/o the two dropped end zone passes, the Colts right now would be trying to get thelead, not keep it.BTW, I think it is funny that they have, for the most part, gotten rid of the yello first down line whenever Manning drops back to pass.

James to the 1! (A top 5 back would have scored). Just kidding, just kidding . . . :) (Edited to reflect James now in. Greg Robinson, I hope you're renting . . . )

I've read them.  You've been pimping the Chiefs all week in about 15 different threads.   :thumbup: Linky
Dude I'm NOT saying anything about the Chiefs' D - yes, it sucks. I never said different.You are apparently discounting my point - w/o the two dropped end zone passes, the Colts right now would be trying to get thelead, not keep it.BTW, I think it is funny that they have, for the most part, gotten rid of the yello first down line whenever Manning drops back to pass.
well, even if i agree with you, doesnt matter, the Colts have better WR's, so there is your difference in the game.

Manning is just awesome today.Normally I hate all his audibles, but they have been clinchers.Will Manning be the Offensive co-ordinator when Tom Moore retires?

Will Manning be the Offensive co-ordinator when Tom Moore retires?
The funny thing is... Manning is probably better at calling the plays. Moore should watch his step, star quraterbacks can send you to the unemployment line.

I wouldn't credit the play calling too much today. It's easy to look like a genius when your personnel so vastly outclasses the opponent's D, and your Wr's have five-yard cushions around them all day, all the way downfield.

WTF? Shut up already, aren't the receivers part of the offense?

You know, it's almost sad to see a 13-3 team lose like this. I mean, here's a great offensive team about to be eliminated from the post-season because they have NO defense.

WTF? Shut up already, aren't the receivers part of the offense?
OF COURSE - I'm done talking about this - I said lack of offensive effectiveness (ie - dropped baslls in the endzone) was the main reason for the loss, I fully accept B.S.'s argument that the failure of the Chiefs' D is the main problem. You are jumping in w/ nothing to say.On the game - I was suprised they risked giving Manning the ball at the 40, but I think Vermeil acknowledges that if he doesn't keep his D on the sideline, nothing else matters.

You know, it's almost sad to see a 13-3 team lose like this. I mean, here's a great offensive team about to be eliminated from the post-season because they have NO defense.
Now you know what it was like watching Marino in the playoffs versus Buffalo.

On the game - I was suprised they risked giving Manning the ball at the 40, but I think Vermeil acknowledges that if he doesn't keep his D on the sideline, nothing else matters.
Amen, smlevin.

Users who are viewing this thread