What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread-Playoffs-Indianapolis@Kansas (1 Viewer)

Doesnt matter, the Ciefs have to stop the colts not once, but twice, and thats if the Chiefsscore TD's on both their next two possesions.
True dat. If they get a TD here, they must cause 3 n' out, and then score another TD.It does not look good for the Chiefs, who should be playing in the 2-minute drill for the rest of the game.

It's funny how the score is "just" 38-31, because this game has a 60-56 feel to it. I guess they didn't max the opportunities late in the first half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Announcers are calling for an onside kick with 4 minutes remaining. I don't think I could do that.
I can't believe they are suggesting that....lets go for a 10% chance that if we don't get it we give up an almost automatic FG :no:

I wouldn't fault Vermeil for going for the onside kick, but I think you have to punt it through the endzone.The O did what they were supposed to - scored 7 and gave the D a breather. Now the D needs to do something it hasn't done all day. That said, I would not be surprised to see the OKick - though it will be the Chiefs' last meaningful play oif the game if the Colts recover.Trickery OKick here maybe?

I can't believe they are suggesting that....lets go for a 10% chance that if we don't get it we give up an almost automatic FG :no:
Giving the ball back to the Colts is almost an automatic TD, so you might as well try something.

Anyone see that graphic about the tale of the game - it was even throughout from yards through time of possession.

The problem with doing this onside kick is... there always the chance that IND will turnover the ball. They haven't made a mistake all game, but it is possible. Onside is the wrong call.

The play to do is fake onside and kick deep to minimize return....If KC would have wasted a time-out there that would have been rediculous

Colts cant afford to waste time outs, if they dont score here(as unlikely as it is) and the Chiefs do, the Colts would need those TO's ofr a GW field goal.

If KC gets the ball and scores, do they go for 2 to win or 1 to tie?J

I'm supposed to be brewing a West Coast Pale Ale this afternoon, but I can't get away from this game.
You can go now - the Colts will get within Vandies FG range within the next three plays.

If KC gets the ball and scores, do they go for 2 to win or 1 to tie?J
Seems a moot point.But, they'd take it to OT and hope for the luck of the coin toss - 50-50 on the coin toss is better than their odds of converting a 2-point play and maybe losing the game.

I bet the KC offense is hoping that their defense just lets the Colts score on the next play. They probably feel better about their chances of scoring a TD, getting an onsides kick, and scoring a 2nd TD, rather than watch this agonizing display of a "defense".

I bet the KC offense is hoping that their defense just lets the Colts score on the next play. They probably feel better about their chances of scoring a TD, getting an onsides kick, and scoring a 2nd TD, rather than watch this agonizing display of a "defense".
:yes:

Incidentally - as far as the betting goes, so far it is almost a foregone conclusion that 3 of 4 dogs win so far.And if this holds, two road teams will win. Another busted 20 year trend.

If KC gets the ball and scores, do they go for 2 to win or 1 to tie?

J
I'd go for 1 in KC's position, but I love the question. And I think some teams in some situations should try the 2-pointer for the win, in lieu of the tie/overtime angle.NFL Films had a nice little segment on this not long ago, as part of a full-hour program.

Users who are viewing this thread