What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Game Thread W1 - Green Bay@Detroit** (1 Viewer)

Nothing on replay should over rule this.. But then again, The Refs have been WEIRD today.  :loco:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: It CLEARLY hit the ground. They showed the ONE replay that CLEARLY showed it bounce ONE time, and never went back to it..... Just a complete farce. It is so obvious the Lions have the refs in their back pocket today it's not funny.

15 penalties to 5, 6?

Now this farce????
As pack Fans are so fast to throw it out at the Vike fans for calling the Refs out on bad calls I only see it fitting to throw out a :cry: :cry: ;) Oh, BTW.. 17-3 Lions.. Double Ouch :bye:
Tampa 24-13 AT Minn. :banned: Triple ouch? :bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone watching the game - is Driver really being shut down by Bly? I'm shocked that he only has 3 receptions since Walker has left...

[Oh, BTW.. 17-3 Lions.. Double Ouch
default_bye1.gif'
and the same record as the Vikings. :bye:

That's OK snogger, this sucking thing is something us Packer fans are going to have to get used to. Give us time.Remember it's something you guys are used to. :bye:

Nothing on replay should over rule this.. But then again, The Refs have been WEIRD today. :loco:
It CLEARLY hit the ground. They showed the ONE replay that CLEARLY showed it bounce ONE time, and never went back to it..... Just a complete farce. It is so obvious the Lions have the refs in their back pocket today it's not funny.15 penalties to 5, 6?

Now this farce????
As pack Fans are so fast to throw it out at the Vike fans for calling the Refs out on bad calls I only see it fitting to throw out a :cry: :cry: ;) Oh, BTW.. 17-3 Lions.. Double Ouch :bye:
Tampa 24-13Triple ouch? :bye:
hehehe was waiting for that what took you so long :lmao: :football: After the Viking game I told my Wife( A Packer Fan btw) The only thing that can Help my letdown on the Vikings loss is if the Pack lose. ;)

BTW.. Losing to what I think is an improved Tampa Defense and Offense( They will surprise many teams this year) not so bad...

Losing to the Harrington lead Lions.. :X :boxing: ;)

The DBs have not looked good, but some of those hands to the face calls were very ticky tack. THEN they DIDN'T call a penalty in the endzone when Harris basically dragged the WR down by the shoulder pad.

WOW.. BAD play calling.. No time-outs, down by 2 TD's and you call a dump off pass to Ahman Green??? and then run 30 seconds of the clock?/ :confused: :confused:

took Favre till 30 Seconds left to throw one up for grabs.. Same results, INT and game over..

Good game. It'll be interesting to see where these teams are at when they meet at Lambeau on Sunday night in December.

took Favre till 30 Seconds left to throw one up for grabs.. Same results, INT and game over..
He looked a lot like C-Pep today didn't he?
Naw, Culpepper looked worse today.. Not by much, but at least Favre didn't Fumble TWICE :wall:
Which really surprised me today. I haven't seen a beating like he took since Tyson was in his prime.He won't last long if that poop keeps happening. :no:

No excuses for the Packers today, but I really could not belive a couple of the calls on Caroll. When ticky-tacky stuff like that gets flagged, espeically away from the play, its a sorry commentary on how the game has changed over the years. I did not see the push-off by Walker - don't think they ever showed a replay but maybe I missed it.I think this loss is on #4. Favre played like he did not give a damn about the game today.

No excuses for the Packers today, but I really could not belive a couple of the calls on Caroll. When ticky-tacky stuff like that gets flagged, espeically away from the play, its a sorry commentary on how the game has changed over the years.

As for the Packers, I think this loss is on #4. Favre played like he did not give a damn about the game.
I could not believe he played so bad. I thought he was golden when I seen his impressive stretching (?) routine he did before the game.

As for the Packers, I think this loss is on #4. Favre played like he did not give a damn about the game.
You #######g idiot! If you watched the game you know that isn't true. Favre had nothing to do with the penalties, the play calling, or the blocking by the offensive line.Cletius, I have respected your postings in the past but this one was pathetic.

The penalties were terrible, but the defense certainly didn't lose this game. I can't remember the last time the Packers looked this bad on offense. Favre missed a ton of throws today that he should make - off the cuff I remember wide-open Franks, Green and Driver twice that would have been big plays if he had made the throw. Very uncharacteristic. The fumble was rediculous - no contact and the ball pops out of his hand - and he easily could have had several more interceptions today.

You #######g idiot! If you watched the game you know that isn't true. Favre had nothing to do with the penalties, the play calling, or the blocking by the offensive line.

Cletius, I have respected your postings in the past but this one was pathetic.
And your calling him "You #######g idiot!" shows great intellect...

The penalties were terrible, but the defense certainly didn't lose this game. I can't remember the last time the Packers looked this bad on offense. Favre missed a ton of throws today that he should make - off the cuff I remember wide-open Franks, Green and Driver twice that would have been big plays if he had made the throw. Very uncharacteristic. The fumble was rediculous - no contact and the ball pops out of his hand - and he easily could have had several more interceptions today.
That was not a fumble.

You #######g idiot! If you watched the game you know that isn't true. Favre had nothing to do with the penalties, the play calling, or the blocking by the offensive line.

:thumbup: Cletius has followed the Packers long enough to know better than to state that Favre didn't care about a game. I know some of you love to bash Favre but he should never be accused of not caring about a game.

The penalties were terrible, but the defense certainly didn't lose this game.  I can't remember the last time the Packers looked this bad on offense.  Favre missed a ton of throws today that he should make - off the cuff I remember wide-open Franks, Green and Driver twice that would have been big plays if he had made the throw.  Very uncharacteristic.  The fumble was rediculous - no contact and the ball pops out of his hand - and he easily could have had several more interceptions today.
And what was taking place today when Favre missed those receivers?He had someone in his face ready to pound him into the ground. In the past, the offensive line gave him just enough more time to get those throws completed.

And I do apologize to Cletius for the idiot comment. I was just surprised something like that came from him.

The Packers are :X in all facets. :lmao: at all the Packers faithful who tried to make the case that Rivera and Wahle weren't huge losses because after all, they were just "interior linemen." Will Whitaker wouldn't make many NFL rosters let along start. And Jim Bates deserves Assistant Coach of the Year if he can have this squad finish in the top half of either yards or points allowed.

Let's settle down.

Would it be inappropriate to amputate Ahmad Carrol's hands, so all he could do is run alongside the receiver and try to bat the ball down with his wrist-stumps?Somebody needs to look into this :shock:

The Packers are :X in all facets. :lmao: at all the Packers faithful who tried to make the case that Rivera and Wahle weren't huge losses because after all, they were just "interior linemen." Will Whitaker wouldn't make many NFL rosters let along start. And Jim Bates deserves Assistant Coach of the Year if he can have this squad finish in the top half of either yards or points allowed.
As a Packer homer I have to agree. The dumping of Wahle and Rivera was a boneheaded move IMHO. It's going to be a long season and a shame to watch Favre struggle all year...... :bag:

Congrats to the Lions.As for my Packers I was upset at the penalties. Caroll is clearly a marked man by the refs. Knowing this, and his very real propensity to jam players too high I believe the calls were inevitable, particularly when the Packers spent every minicamp advertising to the league that he has not overcome the problem.The game, however, was not lost on the penalties, though they were significant. No, the game was lost by Sherman's playcalling, and Detroit's playing within itself. Frankly, had I been Mooch I would have thrown more at Caroll just to get calls. Instead of taking that chance he stuck to his game plan, he patiently pounded Jones, played field position, did not overtax Harrington, and collected his win.Detroit-on top of the Division, wow. Long time coming for Lions fans. They deserve a nice celebrationj without sniping about the penalties.

As a Packer homer I have to agree. The dumping of Wahle and Rivera was a boneheaded move IMHO. It's going to be a long season and a shame to watch Favre struggle all year...... :bag:
I don't agree that they should have matched the crazy money Rivera got, but Wahle is looking like a bad move right now.

So 5yds per carry is bad?The pass blocking was horrible, but the run blocking was there all day. It's just too bad the playcalling sucked. I have to believe after watching this game that Rosselly was back calling the plays. How you stop running when you're averaging 5yds/carry and only down 10-3 reeks of Rosselly play calling, and not very smart at that.

I do applaud you Jason for taking a shot at the Packers line, but even you should know better to check your facts before spouting off.

Users who are viewing this thread