What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W10 - Pittsburgh V Cleveland (1 Viewer)

Roesthlisucker throws a PICK on his first pass attempt!
The Browns HAVE to capitalize on the turn over and turn it into more points. With the pre-game fight and the way this game is starting out, it'd be nice to have them give PIT a big punch in the gut with a Suggs TD rush here.

The Browns got a great kick return to start drive 1 at the Steelers' 15.The Browns pick Roethlisucker on his first pass attempt and get another short field for drive 2.The Browns cashed in for a "whopping" 3 points. That will come back to haunt us.

Uugh, again the Browns struggle to move the ball. PIT has managed to keep Suggs bottled up so far. Hopefully he can keep pounding the ball and get some big runs in as the PIT D starts to wear down later in the game.

The Browns got a great kick return to start drive 1 at the Steelers' 15.The Browns pick Roethlisucker on his first pass attempt and get another short field for drive 2.The Browns cashed in for a "whopping" 3 points. That will come back to haunt us.
This is very similar to how the Bengals started off last week. It didn't come back and hurt them, so hopefully it won't hurt CLE either.

The Browns HAVE to capitalize on the turn over and turn it into more points. With the pre-game fight and the way this game is starting out, it'd be nice to have them give PIT a big punch in the gut with a Suggs TD rush here.
Figures.I don't check the thread to see if anyone has made the same observation because there's so little traffic, and of course the only comment made is the same observation I had in mind. :D

Only because Ward tripped over the DB's foot while the ball was in the air. Can't blame Ben.
Ward's making up for it now... 3 rec, 42 yards - including the 22 yarder he just got. Roethlisberger doesn't look rattled after the INT.

Roethlisucker rolls out to pass. Then he tries to LAUNCH it and his foot slips out from under him. So he lands flat on his butt for an easy sack. :P Now incomplete pass to Plexiglass in the endzone.

Steelers with a nice punt. Hit the 5 or so and bounced softly straight up into the air to be easily downed at the 2.

On 3rd and 3, a Browns' OL (DeMarr) steps on Jeff Garcia's foot as he tries to drop back, causing an errant incomplete pass. At least they got out of jail to punt it away.The punt apparentoly hits a steeler (Ike taylor #24) in the back and the BROWNS RECOVER. :excited: Cowher challenges the call. May not be enough video evidence to overturn. :hophead:

Refs REVERSE the call. :wall: BTW, there are people who grew up in Pittsburgh who have moved to Cleveland because there is more economic opportunity here. It doesn't help that the Browns have stunk for about 15 years. There are a lot of Steeler fans in this town. (For example, the afternoon host on local sports talk radio is a transplanted Pittsburgh native. He is a Steeler/Indians fan. (Most Pittsburgh fans are front runners. They root for the Indians because they've been more successful lately than the Pirates). Actually he says he is BOTH a Browns and Steelers fan :confused: but roots for the Steelers when they play head to head. As a result, the pre-game show said there would probably be three full sections in the stadium filled with Steeler fans. Kinda negates the HFA. Expect to hear lots of cheering if the Steelers do well. :wall:It just kinda sucks because these Steelers fans moved because we are the BETTER city economically, then they root for their old garbage town they left in the dust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Refs REVERSE the call. :wall: BTW, there are people who grew up in Pittsburgh who have moved to Cleveland because there is more economic opportunity here. It doesn't help that the Browns have stunk for about 15 years. There are a lot of Steeler fans in this town. (For example, the afternoon host on local sports talk radio is a transplanted Pittsburgh native. He is a Steeler/Indians fan. (Most Pittsburgh fans are front runners. They root for the Indians because they've been more successful lately than the Pirates). Actually he says he is BOTH a Browns and Steelers fan :confused: but roots for the Steelers when they play head to head. As a result, the pre-game show said there would probably be three full sections in the stadium filled with Steeler fans. Kinda negates the HFA. Expect to hear lots of cheering if the Steelers do well. :wall:It just kinda sucks because these Steelers fans moved because we are the BETTER city economically, then they root for their old garbage town they left in the dust.
Sell out your stadium to Browns fans and you don't have that problem. Of course, where would you find enough Browns fans to do that?

Sell out your stadium to Browns fans and you don't have that problem. Of course, where would you find enough Browns fans to do that?
Our stadium DOES sell out.We sold out even during our 3-13 and 2-14 years.I don't think Steeler fans were coming to all 8 of our home games, unless you are inferring that Pittsburgh fans are so stupid they don't know where their team is playing, in that case you said it not me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Refs REVERSE the call.  :wall: BTW, there are people who grew up in Pittsburgh who have moved to Cleveland because there is more economic opportunity here.  It doesn't help that the Browns have stunk for about 15 years.  There are a lot of Steeler fans in this town.  (For example, the afternoon host on local sports talk radio is a transplanted Pittsburgh native.  He is a Steeler/Indians fan.  (Most Pittsburgh fans are front runners.  They root for the Indians because they've been more successful lately than the Pirates).  Actually he says he is BOTH a Browns and Steelers fan :confused: but roots for the Steelers when they play head to head. As a result, the pre-game show said there would probably be three full sections in the stadium filled with Steeler fans.  Kinda negates the HFA.  Expect to hear lots of cheering if the Steelers do well.  :wall:It just kinda sucks because these Steelers fans moved because we are the BETTER city economically, then they root for their old garbage town they left in the dust.
Our stadium DOES sell out.We sold out even during our 3-13 and 2-14 years.I don't think Steeler fans were coming to all 8 of our home games, unless you are inferring that Pittsburgh fans are so stupid they don't know where their team is playing, in that case you said it not me.
If it was sold out to Browns fans, where would Steeler fans get tickets?Obviously it's not sold out to Browns fans--unless they're just not interested is seeing the Steelers humiliate them.

KR Alston tries to catch the kickoff and it cleanly slips between his hands and body, slides to the ground, and quickly rolls out of bounds at the 1. :wall:

If it was sold out to Browns fans, where would Steeler fans get tickets?Obviously it's not sold out to Browns fans--unless they're just not interested is seeing the Steelers humiliate them.
Ok, I guess most Steeler fans aren't intelligent but you can buy tickets on the internet or over the phone. You don't have to be in the city. But like I siaid there are lots of Steeler fans here. its first come, first serve. I know these concepts are hard for you to understand but we can tutor you.

Better tutor me then. See, I'm from Pittsburgh where it's impossible to ever find "three full sections" of seats available for games no matter what you're willing to pay. Steeler fans won't give them up. There are so many season tickets sold to Steeler fans, there is no "first come first served"

Garcia rolls out and underthrows a pass under pressure. S Troy Polamalu grab the easy INT for a touchback. Garcia mad at himself.

Better tutor me then. See, I'm from Pittsburgh where it's impossible to ever find "three full sections" of seats available for games no matter what you're willing to pay. Steeler fans won't give them up. There are so many season tickets sold to Steeler fans, there is no "first come first served"
Are you this stupid?The Browns have had a BRUTAL stretch over the past 10 years. Horrible records, abysmal play, yet we pack the stadium every game. Just because the Steelers, who have won a lot over the past ten years, have sold more season tickets means NOTHING. Let's see the Steelers suck for 10 years and then check out their season ticket base.Keep talking tho. The more you talk, the dumber you sound. I like it.

Are you this stupid?The Browns have had a BRUTAL stretch over the past 10 years. Horrible records, abysmal play, yet we pack the stadium every game. Just because the Steelers, who have won a lot over the past ten years, have sold more season tickets means NOTHING. Let's see the Steelers suck for 10 years and then check out their season ticket base.Keep talking tho. The more you talk, the dumber you sound. I like it.
Keep packing the stands with Steeler fans and calling them stupid. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread