What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W11: NY Jets at Denver (1 Viewer)

Tebow put on his butt long after he handed off
There was discussion about this in another thread. What is the rule? Is there some language about if a QB is faking that they are running with it, or looking to block, or something, that they can put on their back like that?
The bolded part appears under both the illegal contact penalties and defensive holding penalties
SUPPLEMENTAL NOTES

(1) An eligible pass receiver who takes a position more than two yards outside of his own tackle (flexed

receiver) may not be blocked below the waist (illegal cut), unless the quarterback hands off, is tackled,

pitches the ball to a back, or if the quarterback leaves the pocket area.

(2) The unnecessary use of the hands by the defense, except as provided in Article 6, is illegal and is

commonly used in lieu of a legal block (Article 5) (See 12-2-2).

(3) Any offensive player who pretends to possess the ball and/or one to whom a teammate pretends to

give the ball, may tackled provided he is crossing his scrimmage line between the offensive tackles of

a normal tight offensive line
Then the Saints got screwed for hitting Favre in the NFCCG and getting a personal foul as he carried out a fake. I like the rule, you pretend to have the ball, you're live.

Sorry Shonn, all my fault. I started you this week and I have lost starting RB 4 weeks in a row early in a game.

How is that a penalty? The ball was still bouncing around, is he supposed to just let him reach out and grab it?

I wish the Jets would just score, already. Nobody is tuning in to watch their stupid offense. We wanna see DENVER'S stupid offense!

Just tuned in on the Dawkins penalty, which was BS.

On the defense are the Broncos going with Champ on Holmes and the other CB on plax with safety help over the top?

Users who are viewing this thread