What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W13 - New England@Indy (1 Viewer)

Huge mistake not caught by the refs. Pats were very lucky.
Since that was after the change of possession, it would only be half the distance anyway... I believe.
Isn't this what happened in the KC-Cle game last year when Rudd took his helmet off? I didn't see the play but if a Pats guy took his helmet off on the field Indy should have had another shot.

Huge mistake not caught by the refs.  Pats were very lucky.
Since that was after the change of possession, it would only be half the distance anyway... I believe.
Isn't this what happened in the KC-Cle game last year when Rudd took his helmet off? I didn't see the play but if a Pats guy took his helmet off on the field Indy should have had another shot.
That was the last play of the game, not the fourth down, and a game can't end on a defensive penalty.

was the call last year with dwyane rudd on 4th down? does it matter? i think we need the official rule before anything because a game cannot end on a defensive penatly but would the patriots still be considered the defense?

That was the last play of the game, not the fourth down, and a game can't end on a defensive penalty.
It was 4th down. Change of possession had already taken place since the play was whistled over.

Matrix I thought u had some class :( but apparently not.You picked Indy to beat them and just can't admit you were wrong.Yep, they stole one just like Ten, Mia, Den, Phi etc.No pattern there :rolleyes: Yes, I know what u really meant to say was NE would beat Indy but lose to Miami right?
hey they're the best team. i've been converted. the patriots will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Ok, NOW I'm worried ;)

Matrix I thought u had some class :(   but apparently not.You picked Indy to beat them and just can't admit you were wrong.Yep, they stole one just like Ten, Mia, Den, Phi etc.No pattern there :rolleyes: Yes, I know what u really meant to say was NE would beat Indy but lose to Miami right?
hey they're the best team. i've been converted. the patriots will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Ok, NOW I'm worried ;)
there's no reason to be worried about the truth my friend.

Painful loss, but that's life. Hope the Pacers can beat the Lakers tonight to take a bit of the sting off of it.One thing I can say, though - Brian Cox is an idiot - "Sit Manning." Brilliant, Mr. Middle Finger! :rolleyes:

It was 4th down. Change of possession had already taken place since the play was whistled over.
It was not the last play of the game. The Patriots had to run one more play to run out the clock. The Patriots player who took his helmet off did so after Edge was tackled and the play was officially over. Thus, I believe any penalty would have been applied to the Patriots' subsequent final offensive play. Contrast that with the famous Rudd play where Rudd took off his helmet during a play where the KC offense was still advancing the ball.

It was not the last play of the game. The Patriots had to run one more play to run out the clock. The Patriots player who took his helmet off did so after Edge was tackled and the play was officially over. Thus, I believe any penalty would have been applied to the Patriots' subsequent final offensive play. Contrast that with the famous Rudd play where Rudd took off his helmet during a play where the KC offense was still advancing the ball.
The "That was the last play of the game" part was referring to the KC-Cleveland game, not the Pats game today. Everyone is in agreement.

Users who are viewing this thread