What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W5 - San Diego vs. Pittsburgh (1 Viewer)

Watch his foot. Jammer hits it on the way down. Ward's foot turn about two inches and pops back as it happens. It's hard to see because everyone is looking at Jammer's hands. He hit it with his hip.

He did not touch his foot. The hand and foot for at least a yard apart. Terrible call there.
Yes he did....do I really have to say it? WATCH HIS FEET!!!!!!!!!

he touches his foot as the ball hits Ward....almost simultaneously....

Watch his foot. Jammer hits it on the way down. Ward's foot turn about two inches and pops back as it happens. It's hard to see because everyone is looking at Jammer's hands. He hit it with his hip.
I disagree.

The Bus is setting up Fast Willie. Cowher isn't going to go with a RB who is obviously 25+ pounds overweight for long...

He did not touch his foot.  The hand and foot for at least a yard apart.  Terrible call there.
Yes he did....do I really have to say it? WATCH HIS FEET!!!!!!!!!

he touches his foot as the ball hits Ward....almost simultaneously....
Somewhere Paul McGuire just went full chub.

I just Tivo'd the replay 7 times at 1/4 speed. It did appear that the CBs left hand grazed Ward's foot...
It does look like Jammer grazed is foot -- but was it after the catch? Looked to me like it was before Ward had possession.

Parker having a seat the last two drives...strange.
How is is strange, Bettis is healthy now. Bettis was not healthy the 1st 3 games.
Strange because the kid was doing well. I don't mind the Bus getting some work, but I'd like to see them break him in slow. I have no fantasy interest here...I'm a Steeler fan. I'm looking long term. I hope Parker isn't hurt.

The Bus is setting up Fast Willie.  Cowher isn't going to go with a RB who is obviously 25+ pounds overweight for long...
Bettis has looked better.
Agreed. I think the Bus matches up much better against this defense. This could actually end up being similar to the situation in Denver.

9:00 to go in the 2nd quarter

Tomlinson has 2 carries for 16 yds :unsure:

C'mon Marty let's get this cranked up.
He also gave him 2 rec. So 4 touches. SD only has 10 plays on O thus far for cryin out loud, thay can't all go to LT. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Marty,You don't know me, but my name is Winston Smith. Now, I know you've been a football coach for a while and all, but I'd like to offer you some advice.LT < 20 touches = 0-2LT > 20 touches = 2-0. I hope you will consider my suggestions.Sincerely,WS

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually he hits it on the way down.  I didn't see it.  Nice call by the refs.
The alleged touch on the foot was before Hines had possession. Doesn't count.
I disagree. So did the ref. Ward was on the ground when it happened.
Wrong. Ward was clearly juggling the ball when it happened. So it doesn't count.

I'm gonna say this right now just in case this game comes down to the last second. They just made a 20 second clock error.

Pitt came out for the first play of the second quarter and ran the play where Edwards nearly picked the ball off. Ward had a penalty that (at least the announcers said) was a dead ball penalty, so that play never happened.

However, the playclock was not reset to 15:00, but rather left at 14:40.

Just saying...
The announcer was wrong. Are you shocked with Michaels? It was a formation penalty. Hines Ward wasnt on the line. It is not a dead ball penalty.

9:00 to go in the 2nd quarter

Tomlinson has 2 carries for 16 yds  :unsure:

C'mon Marty let's get this cranked up.
He also gave him 2 rec. So 4 touches. SD only has 10 plays on O thus far for cryin out loud, thay can't all go to LT. :shrug:
Only get so many drives in a game. Maybe 1 more this half, their current one. Maybe 4-5 drives in the 2nd half...not looking good was my comment.What a catch by Gates!

Actually he hits it on the way down.  I didn't see it.  Nice call by the refs.
The alleged touch on the foot was before Hines had possession. Doesn't count.
I disagree. So did the ref. Ward was on the ground when it happened.
Wrong. Ward was clearly juggling the ball when it happened. So it doesn't count.
It counts. Sorry, but the refs make the calls not you.Nice grab by Gates.

What a catch by Gates! Looked like he was going strong to the hoop for an offensive rebound/dunk.

It seems like every WR in the league is interfered with on every incompletion. I wish they all would stop begging for a flag on every play.

Users who are viewing this thread