What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W6 - Minnesota V Chicago (1 Viewer)

To be able to win a single game with an offense that pathetic shows just how good Chicago's defense is. The best defense in the league :thumbup: Let's go Bears! :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

Even though the play was overturned due to the offsides penalty, Benson missed another block which would have resulted in a Vikes TD had their not been a penalty.

1-10-CHI 33 (6:44) K.Orton sacked at CHI 24 for -9 yards (K.Newman). FUMBLES (K.Newman), RECOVERED by MIN-E.Henderson at CHI 25. E.Henderson for 25 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on MIN-K.Williams, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at CHI 33 - No Play.Minny needed that but playign the way they are, these things just seem to happen.

Why does Minnesota always have to start a drive 1st and 20 or 2nd and 25? Can't they just go foward? *whine*

This guy Pat Williams is cracking me up.Dude you are down by 11 points on a ####ty team, time to quit the showboating I would think. :bye: :lmao:

It's bad enough that the Vikes suck, but to suck against da Bears. :no: I (Vikes fan) will never hear the end of it from my wife (da Bears fan). :wall: :cry:

It's bad enough that the Vikes suck, but to suck against da Bears. :no: I (Vikes fan) will never hear the end of it from my wife (da Bears fan). :wall: :cry:
These jokers were picked to be Superbowl contenders... :lmao:

Jeez I'm a diehard Viks fan and I badly want Fox to turn to one of the many sweet games elsewhere!!! Please!!!!!! :eek:

couldnt even give Benson a gimmie 1 yd TD.........

:wall:
Really, why should they give him ANY favors??He's the one that decided to hold out -- and the offer he took was the same one that was on the table for 2+ weeks beforehand (who knows, that 2 weeks could -- and IMO did -- is the difference between starting and not).

TJ's outplayed him when they've both been healthy......and when he's been hurt.

after watching that game there no way i see them ever really sitting Thomas Jones.... man that guy has come A LOOONNGG way from his Arizona days. he's a true dual threat out there and just looks phenominal. i am surprised he gutted out his play today on that knee. that speaks volumes imo. u cants really blame all the bad heat on Benson it seems as if Thomas Jones is the one they cheer for in there. his holdout and me attitude did not help him but Jones displays that lunchbox effort everytiume out there and Chicago is a blue collar city.

Really, why should they give him ANY favors??He's the one that decided to hold out -- and the offer he took was the same one that was on the table for 2+ weeks beforehand (who knows, that 2 weeks could -- and IMO did -- is the difference between starting and not).

Don't get me wrong as a Bears fan.. I agree with you... I am just bitter that I had to start Benson this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
after watching that game there no way i see them ever really sitting Thomas Jones.... man that guy has come A LOOONNGG way from his Arizona days. he's a true dual threat out there and just looks phenominal. i am surprised he gutted out his play today on that knee. that speaks volumes imo.

u cants really blame all the bad heat on Benson it seems as if Thomas Jones is the one they cheer for in there. his holdout and me attitude did not help him but Jones displays that lunchbox effort everytiume out there and Chicago is a blue collar city.
I will blame Angelo and boo because they never should have drafted him. They needed receiving help bad. Benson holding out, he deserved everything he gets.

What's REALLY sad, is the winner of Next weeks matchup between the Vikings and Packers could be for first place. :lmao: Lions 2-3Bears 2-3Vikings 1-4Packers 1-4Next week Lions @ Browns - 85% chance Lions loseRavens @ Bears - 50/50 Defensive battleEasily could have 3 teams at 2-4 after next week :lmao: :bag: With the loser only being 1 Game out LOL :X

5 ypa for Culpepp. What's up, it's just terrible.
It's called No Offensive Line. He has about 2 seconds back there to get rid of the ball before he is mauled.Way the hell the coaches can't figure that out and call more Roll-outs is beyond me. :wall: :rant: :hot:

Don't get me wrong as a Bears fan.. I agree with you... I am just bitter that I had to start Benson this week.
I own him (and not TJ) as well. I couldn't start him after finding out TJ would start.I don't think the Bears owe Benson a damn thing. I was surprised they didn't give Benson a few carries at the end (given TJ wasn't 100%), only because if TJ were to have to sit out down the road -- Benson would have a few more carries under his belt.

Best NFC North team today was the Packers. :bag: Problem with the Bears is they onle have one more home division game left. Can't see them winning any road games.

Best NFC North team today was the Packers. :bag:

Problem with the Bears is they onle have one more home division game left. Can't see them winning any road games.
I'm not saying the Bears are all that and a bag of chips, but in the pathetic Norris division, they have dominated both games. Its hard to imagine any of the 3 others doing anything this year. 2-3 and 1st place.

Best NFC North team today was the Packers. :bag:

Problem with the Bears is they onle have one more home division game left. Can't see them winning any road games.
Cmon - the Bears did look good, despite how bad the Vikes looked. It's hard for me to see this division not going through Green Bay, simply because they have the perennial difference maker in Favre that the others do not have. In terms of best team overall (position by position), I have to go with the Bears.

Hey, I'm a Bears fan. Just let me know which of these games the Bears will win with Orton in there:7 Sun, Oct 23 Baltimore Tickets CBS 4:15 PM 8 Sun, Oct 30 at Detroit Tickets FOX 1:00 PM 9 Sun, Nov 6 at New Orleans Tickets FOX 4:05 PM 10 Sun, Nov 13 San Francisco Tickets FOX 1:00 PM 11 Sun, Nov 20 Carolina Tickets FOX 1:00 PM 12 Sun, Nov 27 at Tampa Bay Tickets FOX 1:00 PM 13 Sun, Dec 4 Green Bay Tickets FOX 1:00 PM 14 Sun, Dec 11 at Pittsburgh Tickets FOX 1:00 PM 15 Sun, Dec 18 Atlanta Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM 16 Sun, Dec 25 at Green Bay Tickets FOX 5:00 PM 17 Sun, Jan 1 at Minnesota Tickets FOX 1:00 PM Is there 6 wins there to get to 8-8? Bears can beat SF, GB, Atlanta, NO. After that I don't see it with a qb who's high game passing is 150 yards and no deep passing at all.

Hey, I'm a Bears fan.  Just let me know which of these games the Bears will win with Orton in there:

7 Sun, Oct 23 Baltimore Tickets CBS 4:15 PM [The same Ravens that laid an egg @ the Lions last week?]

8 Sun, Oct 30 at Detroit Tickets FOX 1:00 PM Any game vs. Lions can be won

9 Sun, Nov 6 at New Orleans Tickets FOX 4:05 PM Anyone's game. Saints have no home

10 Sun, Nov 13 San Francisco Tickets FOX 1:00 PM See Lions

11 Sun, Nov 20 Carolina Tickets FOX 1:00 PM Only barely squeaked out win @ Lions. Not to mention, we'll have to see how healthy Delhomme is

12 Sun, Nov 27 at Tampa Bay Tickets FOX 1:00 PM Just hope Orton survives

13 Sun, Dec 4 Green Bay Tickets FOX 1:00 PM See Lions

14 Sun, Dec 11 at Pittsburgh Tickets FOX 1:00 PM See Tampa game.

15 Sun, Dec 18 Atlanta Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM Can win at home

16 Sun, Dec 25 at Green Bay Tickets FOX 5:00 PM See Lions

17 Sun, Jan 1 at Minnesota Tickets FOX 1:00 PM See Lions
They've got a realistic shot at winning every one save for Tampa & Pitt IMO.There defense is good enough to keep them in every game. No one has asked Orton to win games.

8-8 may very well win this division. Hell 7-9 might. The best thing about the Bears outlook this year is their schedule & division.

Tice should have the pink slip waiting for him in his office

What a disaster
The owner said he wouldn't can him during the season, but if any coach in the league 'needed' a win it was him...

Now I know I'm dreaming...

Desmond Clark - 2 Td's...yeah right, cmon.
That's what I said. I want to know whatever he did during the past week that magicially allowed him to catch the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread