What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W8: Washington @ NYG (1 Viewer)

Thanks Brunell for really sucking your ### off. I trade for you and then start you and this is what I get? I fully expect Santana Moss (who my opponent has started) to score now with Ramsey in there.

Ramsey looking good
Too bad since it is Brunell I need to score points! This is the week in my dynasty league that Manning and Vick are on my bench (we play two QBs each week) and I have Brunnell and McNown going! :hot:

Ramsey taken down by his helmet! HOW IS THAT NOT A PENALTY???!!!!
Just like it wasn't in Week 1 when the Bears guy nearly decapitated himI said 7-9 before the season....still could very well happen

Just like it wasn't in Week 1 when the Bears guy nearly decapitated himI said 7-9 before the season....still could very well happen
Don't go back and forth so radically. The things they've done well weren't illusions. This was one bad - correction, HORRIBLE - game. I stand by what I said about the entire division: any of the 16 possible combinations in the final rankings are possible. This division has four teams that are competitive with each other, and each one of them has its issues right now. Anything can happen.

Well, the prediction I made following that last minute Dallas win is still correct.
Which was what? :confused:
I've been trying to find the thread, but I can't remember which one it was.Anyway, after they beat Dallas to go to 2-0, I predicted each game for the remainder of the season. So far I've been correct.

win vs Seattle

loss @ denver

loss @ kansas city

win vs San fran

loss @ nyg

Well, the prediction I made following that last minute Dallas win is still correct.
I've been trying to find the thread, but I can't remember which one it was.Anyway, after they beat Dallas to go to 2-0, I predicted each game for the remainder of the season. So far I've been correct.

win vs Seattle

loss @ denver

loss @ kansas city

win vs San fran

loss @ nyg
So far you predicted all home wins and all home losses - I wouldn't go patting yourself on the back just yet, but it feels nice to make the right call.

The call intentional grounding, but not late hit on the QB there  :rolleyes:
You really think it matters?
Yes. The Redskins loss and 36-0 score are obviously a result of the refs. Not like there is another team just steamrolling on the run and creating havoc on D or anything.

Don't go back and forth so radically. The things they've done well weren't illusions. This was one bad - correction, HORRIBLE - game. I stand by what I said about the entire division: any of the 16 possible combinations in the final rankings are possible. This division has four teams that are competitive with each other, and each one of them has its issues right now. Anything can happen.
Not back and forth....realistic. Let's be frank about that Cowboys game - the Skins looked as bad as they have today in that game for 55 minutes until Brunell hit Moss on those 2. The confidence from that played into the last few weeks but today, NFL teams got plenty of film to look at to control the Skins defense. Not that we can see downfield on TV, but I'm guessing Moss has had a ton of attention and Brunell has lost his security.

win vs Seattle

loss @ denver

loss @ kansas city

win vs San fran

loss @ nyg
So far you predicted all home wins and all home losses - I wouldn't go patting yourself on the back just yet, but it feels nice to make the right call.
I didn't do that for the whole season, but the giants are living proof of how important home games are.The NFL royally screwed up the season with their handling of the Saints situation.

Not back and forth....realistic. Let's be frank about that Cowboys game - the Skins looked as bad as they have today in that game for 55 minutes until Brunell hit Moss on those 2. The confidence from that played into the last few weeks but today, NFL teams got plenty of film to look at to control the Skins defense. Not that we can see downfield on TV, but I'm guessing Moss has had a ton of attention and Brunell has lost his security.
Well, Brunell lost his security because they were down big. They can't play from behind too well. That's no secret.

I'm realistic too, and what I'm seeing is an offensive line that's done its worst job blocking this year by far. Give credit to the Giants front 4 of course because they're good, but if you don't need to blitz in order to have guys coming free, then you have a huge amount of options in terms of blanketing guys like Moss. To me, that's the biggest difference we're seeing on offense this week for the 'Skins . . . that and the fact that they were behind by double digits virtually from the get-go. They're neither as bad as they look in this game nor as good as what we saw last week vs. San Fran.

EDIT to add: there have also been a huge number of dropped passes, at least a half-dozen by my count. This is too much of a whoopin' for that alone to be the difference, but they were all but 1 or 2 going to go for good yardage and/or 1st downs when the game was still within 20 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone explain why the Skins aren't even trying to at least score? I just saw a pathetic up the middle by Betts. Up the middle is sad enough but is Portis hurt? Even if he had a bad day he has to be better than Betts. And speaking of "anything is better than" WHY is Ramsey in there? Put in the rook!

I guarantee this comment will be seriously used by a Redskin fan this week:

"The Redskins would have won this game if Wellington Mara hadn't died"
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I actaully found a similar post in another fantasy football forum :eek: Pathetic aint it? 1/4 or 1/3 down the page

http://www.fantasyfootball.com/forum/index...pic=13791&st=20
Everey team has some blind, dumb homers. But you won't find too many Redskins fans on this board who believe anything that stupid, though. The just flat-out got beat, and there wasn't anything that was going to change the outcome of that game. Memories of Wellington Mara made no tackles, made no blocks, completed no passes, created no holes on the offensive line. The Giants were better-prepared, and played better. Painful to watch as a Skins fan, but that's the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread