What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread Week 11 - New York Jets at New England Patriots (1 Viewer)

Favre is pretty funny. He and Moss are good buddies and he is busting Moss' balls about a quick departure after the game. Moss and Favre are both Captains so at the OT coin toss he told Favre to throw a pick. Favre says that he went looking for Moss after the game to tell him he didnt throw a pick and Moss was nowhere to be found.

I think Moss gets a bit of a bad wrap about his effort. I saw him blocking downfield multiple times tonight. Yes he can get frustrated because he is coming off the greatest season of his life and Cassel cant hit him on the deep ball which allows teams to gameplan him out of games. From what I can see (obviously not coaches tape) he is giving good effort and has been all year.

I see one dude in here running his keyboard, and he happens to be a jets fan.

coincidentally....... :confused:

I'd say act you've been here before, but I guess you guys actually haven't.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did the Jets lose to Oakland? Wow. They could easily be 8-1.
Honestly, Favre gave that game away about 4 times. I got into a debate at another board that with Pennington instead of Favre, the Jets would have still been 6-3 going into this game... Pennington would have won the Oakland game, but would (might have) lost the AZ gme. THIS was the game Pennington would NOT have won. This is why the Jets got Farve... for THIS game. Mangini sat Favre down after that Oakland game and they had one of those one on one conversations. Since then, the offesne is more conservative, and hasn't given games away. Farve seems to have bought in. He showe d that in this game. Baller... try being a football fan as opposed to being an annoying 16 year old a-r-s-e. If you grow up, you will find that actually discussing football is more fun than juvenile trash talking. AND.... look at the standings. The Jets are in first place. Now go take a nappy.Again, apologies to other Pats fans with class... and there are many of you..... the baller-%^&*@! as an exception.
Rovers. Good Luck.I think the Jets lose to Tennessee and Pats beat Miami. At that point, we are tied again (with Jets having the division tiebreaker). It should be a nice race to the finish last 5 games.
There are a lot of games yet to play. The Pats are by no means out of the division title race. I also agree the Jets will likely lose to the Titans, but this is a different Jets team... in years past, I'd give them no chance. This team... after this win... may get some swagger. I'd still put my $ on TN straight up, but it isn't a gimmee anymore either. No WAY the Phins beat NE again... aint gonna happen. The race is still on.... but as a Jets fan, the downtrodden, I am more optomistic than I have been in years. Ya know what that means? The Jets will fold! LOL....

I see one dude in here running his keyboard, and he happens to be a jets fan.coincidentally.......:confused:I'd say act you've been here before, but I guess you guys actually haven't.
Is there a translator avaible to decipher this jibberish? Rhetorical question.... I don't really want to read the ramblings of a moronic 14 year old.

So if NE and NYJ end the season with identical records, who holds the tiebreaker? Would it go by division record or point differential or something else entirely?

Rovers said:
Pat Patriot said:
Rovers said:
Pat Patriot said:
How did the Jets lose to Oakland? Wow. They could easily be 8-1.
Honestly, Favre gave that game away about 4 times. I got into a debate at another board that with Pennington instead of Favre, the Jets would have still been 6-3 going into this game... Pennington would have won the Oakland game, but would (might have) lost the AZ gme. THIS was the game Pennington would NOT have won. This is why the Jets got Farve... for THIS game. Mangini sat Favre down after that Oakland game and they had one of those one on one conversations. Since then, the offesne is more conservative, and hasn't given games away. Farve seems to have bought in. He showe d that in this game. Baller... try being a football fan as opposed to being an annoying 16 year old a-r-s-e. If you grow up, you will find that actually discussing football is more fun than juvenile trash talking. AND.... look at the standings. The Jets are in first place. Now go take a nappy.Again, apologies to other Pats fans with class... and there are many of you..... the baller-%^&*@! as an exception.
Rovers. Good Luck.I think the Jets lose to Tennessee and Pats beat Miami. At that point, we are tied again (with Jets having the division tiebreaker). It should be a nice race to the finish last 5 games.
There are a lot of games yet to play. The Pats are by no means out of the division title race. I also agree the Jets will likely lose to the Titans, but this is a different Jets team... in years past, I'd give them no chance. This team... after this win... may get some swagger. I'd still put my $ on TN straight up, but it isn't a gimmee anymore either. No WAY the Phins beat NE again... aint gonna happen. The race is still on.... but as a Jets fan, the downtrodden, I am more optomistic than I have been in years. Ya know what that means? The Jets will fold! LOL....
The beauty of this post is, you can tell this guy is a true Jets fan. For a thread with so many pro-Jets posters, there seems to be precious few actual fans. If you've truly been following that team the past couple years, the last thing you do is come on here and brag, and talk crap about NE, after an OT win.I'd say they're a safe bet for the playoffs at this point, anything more has yet to be earned. And what a great game.

So if NE and NYJ end the season with identical records, who holds the tiebreaker? Would it go by division record or point differential or something else entirely?
I think the guys on the NFLN post game said the Jets but I have neither details nor a link to back it up so it could be the exhaustion talking.I think it's a long was to go before we have to figure that out and the Jets better come back to earth and start prepping for a darn hard game vs the Titans.

The beauty of this post is, you can tell this guy is a true Jets fan. For a thread with so many pro-Jets posters, there seems to be precious few actual fans. If you've truly been following that team the past couple years, the last thing you do is come on here and brag, and talk crap about NE, after an OT win.
I get the feeling there was some heavy imbibing goin' on tonight ---- they'll sober up tomorrow.maybe jets fans can't hold their booze.IF jets get beat by tenn and pats beat miami next week, jets still have the better divisional record as tiebreaker, so we'd have to get that back in the final 5 games.again, working on that assumption next week, pats would have these in conference games: pitt, oak, and a huge buffalo game to close out the season.jets getting denver, buffalo, miami.SO, we would need to beat buffalo, and jets would need to lose to at least one divisional opponent, I believe (miami or buffalo)losing to that divisional opponent gives us the leg up in the conference, all other things equal....that is, unless those remaining afc games don't swing our way(pitt/den).again, that's assuming the best next week.anyway, don't take my word for it -- that's off the top of my head.whatever....wait and see --- I don't know the next tiebreaker after that.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ob1gui/nflrules.htm

oops...sry --- looks like common opponents is ahead of conference:

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

common opponents being:

miami + buffalo (of course)

denver

oakland (thx for doin' us that solid, oakie)

sd

kc

az

sea

st louis

so, it's really fairly convoluted, but root for denver when they play the jets.

ok, so let's say pats beat miami, jets lose to tenn next week.

pats lose to pitt, jets lose to miami OR buffalo.

both teams sweep rest of games.

it's superlate here, but if I haven't eff'd up, I think that's equal overall and divisional record, w/pats winning common opponent tiebreaker by virtue of that oakland loss by jets.

(in which case, they probably get a wildcard)

edit:

that's just if there's all these ties --- I'm rooting for a pats win outright.

I love how everyone is just assuming that New England will win at Miami next week. Last time I checked, the Dolphins have been playing damn well lately, and they have already beaten the Patriots this year (by 25 AT NE), so I think just assuming the Pats and Jets will be tied again after next week is a bit premature.

And the Jets/Titans game...you never know. The Titans are a damn good team, but they have to lose sometime, you would think.

I love how everyone is just assuming that New England will win at Miami next week. Last time I checked, the Dolphins have been playing damn well lately, and they have already beaten the Patriots this year (by 25 AT NE), so I think just assuming the Pats and Jets will be tied again after next week is a bit premature. And the Jets/Titans game...you never know. The Titans are a damn good team, but they have to lose sometime, you would think.
This NE team is not a lock to beat any team right now. They can play close with just about anybody, but I don't see where they're head and shoulders above any team in the league, barring the obvious handful of really bad teams.Jets will force Tennessee to beat them through the air, but from what I saw last night, they appear to be a little soft in the passing D. They will need to have a very clean game from Brett.

I love how everyone is just assuming that New England will win at Miami next week. Last time I checked, the Dolphins have been playing damn well lately, and they have already beaten the Patriots this year (by 25 AT NE), so I think just assuming the Pats and Jets will be tied again after next week is a bit premature. And the Jets/Titans game...you never know. The Titans are a damn good team, but they have to lose sometime, you would think.
This NE team is not a lock to beat any team right now. They can play close with just about anybody, but I don't see where they're head and shoulders above any team in the league, barring the obvious handful of really bad teams.Jets will force Tennessee to beat them through the air, but from what I saw last night, they appear to be a little soft in the passing D. They will need to have a very clean game from Brett.
Will the Jets need to basically double team 2 Outstanding WR's on Tennessee leaving the middle open? I like the fact that the Jets have some extra time here to prepare off a win.I think that Miami / Pats game should be a great game to watch!!!!!

Will the Jets need to basically double team 2 Outstanding WR's on Tennessee leaving the middle open? I like the fact that the Jets have some extra time here to prepare off a win.I think that Miami / Pats game should be a great game to watch!!!!!
The bigger concern for the Jets pass D, IMO, would be the lack of pass rush. Most NFL QBs will pick apart a secondary if given the time Cassel saw last night.That said, TENN is beatable, from what I've seen. Should be an interesting watch.

Ghost Rider said:
I think you misunderstood.

Ghost Rider said:
I think you misunderstood.
I dont think anyone is assuming a NE win against Miami. However, if the Pats lose to Miami (based on division records), the playoffs are likely a pipedream at that stage. They would be 2 games behind the Jets for division and behind Miami as well. They would have losing tiebreakers with the Colts as well as the Chargers. It would be a real long shot.Might as well talk about the possibilities going forward if the Patriots win because if they lose, the possibilities are pretty bleak.

Ghost Rider said:
:goodposting: Cassel had time, but that was when the Jets rushed 3, and put 8 into coverage. Early in the game, the Jets brought 4 or 5, and Cassel struggled. They also took Moss out of the game, and had a one on one matchup on Welker, willing to give the short stuff, but not the big play.The Titans don't have Moss. The defensive game plan will be completely different. More in the box to stop the run. I don't think TENN has any real deep threat to worry about if Collins gets pressured, and I look for the Jets to blitz more than they did against the Pats.... both run blitz and pass blitz. I also think the offense will look for the big play against a solid TENN run D. I could see Keller and Stuckey having a big role in terms of big plays. I don't see T Jones doing much, but Washington could have a good day. Yes, Miami is not the doormat they were last year, but the second time around, I think Belichick will will be ready, and will out coach the Phins rookie HC. Could Miami win again? Sure, but I'd be very surpised if they did. Miami is now one of those teams.... they could play great, they could have a setback. They ARE a dangerous opponent, and they are capable of beating the Jets as well. Buffalo has struggled.... but I think they will upset either the Jets or the Pats... but which one? Hoping it's that last game of the season, when the Pats go to the frozen tundra of Buffalo in the last regular season game. I also have meat on the line.... a firend from Buffalo and I have a bet. The Jets sweep, I get a shipment of 3 dozen hot wings. The Bills win, I send a pound of kosher pastrami to Buffalo.I do love NFL football.

CASSEL IS FIRST PLAYER SINCE 1970 AFL-NFL MERGER TO TOTAL AT LEAST 400 PASSING YARDS AND AT LEAST 60 RUSHING YARDS IN A GAME

Matt Cassel threw for 400 yards and ran for 62 yards, becoming the first player since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger to have 400 or more passing yards and 60 or more rushing yards in a game. Only one other time since 1970 has a player had at least 400 passing yards and at least 50 rushing yards in a game. Steve Young of the San Francisco 49ers had 449 passing yards and 50 rushing yards against Buffalo on Sept. 13, 1992. Young and the 49ers lost that game, 34-31 - the exact same score by which Cassel and the Patriots fell to the Jets. Cassel was also the first player in Patriots history to have 300 or more passing yards and 50 or more rushing yards.

also --- pats 511 yards topped '07.

Word from Green Bay is that Aaron Rodgers talked with Brett Favre on the phone today. It has been reported Rodgers filled in Favre about Tennessee and some of their vocal calls on the field.

link
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss
Lot of football left to be played, but this was a huge win for the Jets. A loss would've virtually eliminated any chance for them at the AFC East title. 6-4 with an 0-2 record against the Pats, 2-2 divisional record, 4-4 AFC record - no way.

link
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

12. Coin toss
day late and a dollar short.

link

Two Clubs

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

12. Coin toss
day late and a dollar short.
Yet more concise and useful.

I'm actually looking forward to miami.

lol you jets fans manage to catch one game and it's like you're all hopped up on 3 bowls of captain crunch.

I'm actually looking forward to miami.lol you jets fans manage to catch one game and it's like you're all hopped up on 3 bowls of captain crunch.
Mm, Captain Crunch.
Jets should bench Barton after this game. He essentially blew the game for them.
yes, Barton is terrible. period, but the bigger concern is how bad is #6 overall pick, Vernon Gholston, if he can't beat Barton out for a job...
Different position. Barton plays the inside. Gholston is outside. Jets were also without David Harris, too.

-baller said:
I'm actually looking forward to miami.lol you jets fans manage to catch one game and it's like you're all hopped up on 3 bowls of captain crunch.
lol you Pats fans still think your team is the cream of the NFL

Users who are viewing this thread