What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread Week 11 - New York Jets at New England Patriots (1 Viewer)

Weather will be an issue.... feel free to update that info here.
I'm about an hour away (north) and it seems like a decent day so far. No wind, no rain, just overcast. I had heard light rain early in the evening with winds only 5-10 mph. IMO, the weather conditions are getting overhyped.

As of 11:00 EST, weather.com shows 60% chance of rain and 10 mph winds. I agree with Yudkin that the weather may be overhyped. 10 mph winds are nothing to be concerned about. And barring a torrential downpour, a little rain may actually help OFF players. Offensive players know the routes/direction they intend to run. I would think that DEF players would have the harder time with slipping and such.

In NJ right now, nasty, raw windswept rain. Usually tracks Northeast to Pat country up the seaboard.
It's been nasty on Long Island all day as well - Seems this is moving north.Not liking the weather factor in this one, rather see a straight up battle at this point.

Extremely excited for this game. This is just another meaningful game for Pats fans, but us jaded Jets fans don't have such games every so often.

Extremely excited for this game. This is just another meaningful game for Pats fans, but us jaded Jets fans don't have such games every so often.
Games like this sometimes forge champions. There are huge implications for both sides:What are the Pats made of? They have lost a bunch of players (many that are key, some not) - what will they do? They are often capable of more than their individual parts appear to be - will they be able to pull together tonight? What are the Jets made of? They have won games they maybe shouldn't have - and lost some they certainly shouldn't have. Can they come together and play when it really counts and take control of their destiny? Can they get past their nemesis? Can Mangini and Schottenheimer stop outcoaching themselves? Can Favre limit his mistakes?Will the rising Jets team be able to win when it counts or will the Pats once again fidn a way to win no matter who isn't in the lineup?Lots on the line for these two teams - should be a hard fought game.

what kind of effect will the weather have on the passing game tonight? I have Moss but I also have other options, and I'm trying to figure out what's the best play here

If the J-E-T-S can't beat the depleated Pats, Mangini won't make the end of the season.

Over/Under on plays for Ty Law = 11

What's the news on Sammy Morris?
Inactive, I believe. From Rototimes:Sammy Morris, RB, New England Patriots Thursday 11/13, 12:49 PM CT New England running back Sammy Morris is not expected to play on Thursday against the Jets, according to ESPN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link

FOXBOROUGH -- Colleague Mike Reiss reports that Patriots running back Sammy Morris is down on the field, wearing his game pants and loosening up with fellow running backs Kevin Faulk and BenJarvus Green-Ellis.
A small update on Morris. Looks like he might play.

From rotoworld:

The rainfall has ceased in Foxborough for Thursday night's Jets-Patriots clash and continued precipitation during the game is now considered "questionable."However, NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports another cloud is on its way and it's supposed to contain rain. The field doesn't look to be in tip-top shape, but several players are warming up and BenJarvus Green-Ellis didn't seem impeded at all during some sprints down the sideline. Keep your Randy Mosses, Jerricho Cotcheries, and especially Wes Welkers active.
I dunno I agree with Moss (given the few and far between big games) and Cotchery being must plays, but Welker should get a bunch of targets. And of course, it seems like the rain stopped.

From rotoworld:

The rainfall has ceased in Foxborough for Thursday night's Jets-Patriots clash and continued precipitation during the game is now considered "questionable."However, NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports another cloud is on its way and it's supposed to contain rain. The field doesn't look to be in tip-top shape, but several players are warming up and BenJarvus Green-Ellis didn't seem impeded at all during some sprints down the sideline. Keep your Randy Mosses, Jerricho Cotcheries, and especially Wes Welkers active.
I dunno I agree with Moss (given the few and far between big games) and Cotchery being must plays, but Welker should get a bunch of targets. And of course, it seems like the rain stopped.
If the rain stops I'd start all of the key WRs on both teams if I normally started them. But that's me.

Inactive, I believe. From Rototimes:Sammy Morris, RB, New England Patriots Thursday 11/13, 12:49 PM CT New England running back Sammy Morris is not expected to play on Thursday against the Jets, according to ESPN.
FootballDiehards.com is reporting Morris warmed up and may be available.
so, when and where do we get the gameday inactive list to know for sure on Sammy?

From rotoworld:

If the rain stops I'd start all of the key WRs on both teams if I normally started them. But that's me.
It depends on where Moss has been for you - he hasn't played consistently as a #1 WR this year.43/589/4 isn't a must play. He's facign a tough D and doesn't have aQB who throws the ball as deep as Brady. But depending upon who else you have you might need to trot him out. But he's far from someone who is automatically in with this matchup.Cotchery - 43/510/3 - same thing - decent WR 2 or 3 - but the targets are split completely with Coles, with Coles having a couple more TDs. Depends on your sitch, again, but both of these guys play well on occasion but not consistently.Welker is a guy who gets targets every week and fits the dink and dunk Pts games that Cassel is better at.So sure, depends on if you would regularly start them. But you shouldn't plug them in on reflex. But that's just me.

FootballDiehards.com is reporting Morris warmed up and may be available.
so, when and where do we get the gameday inactive list to know for sure on Sammy?
About an hour before kick off ...

From rotoworld:

It depends on where Moss has been for you - he hasn't played consistently as a #1 WR this year.43/589/4 isn't a must play. He's facign a tough D and doesn't have aQB who throws the ball as deep as Brady. But depending upon who else you have you might need to trot him out. But he's far from someone who is automatically in with this matchup.Cotchery - 43/510/3 - same thing - decent WR 2 or 3 - but the targets are split completely with Coles, with Coles having a couple more TDs. Depends on your sitch, again, but both of these guys play well on occasion but not consistently.Welker is a guy who gets targets every week and fits the dink and dunk Pts games that Cassel is better at.So sure, depends on if you would regularly start them. But you shouldn't plug them in on reflex. But that's just me.
I agree. That's why I emphasized the part about whether you'd normally start them. Cotchery has been a solid WR2 in my PPR league this season so if the weather isn't an issue I'm starting him. I also think the weakness of New England's defense is in its secondary so I believe Coles and Cotchery could both have good games. I don't see them combining for two receptions again like last week because I don't see the Jets running away and hiding against the Pats in New England.Welker's a Must Start in PPR leagues and I think Moss will catch 5+ passes tonight. Again, it comes down to what your options are. But if the rain isn't an issue, I think the four primary WRs on the two teams could do well tonight.

I agree. That's why I emphasized the part about whether you'd normally start them. Cotchery has been a solid WR2 in my PPR league this season so if the weather isn't an issue I'm starting him. I also think the weakness of New England's defense is in its secondary so I believe Coles and Cotchery could both have good games. I don't see them combining for two receptions again like last week because I don't see the Jets running away and hiding against the Pats in New England.Welker's a Must Start in PPR leagues and I think Moss will catch 5+ passes tonight. Again, it comes down to what your options are. But if the rain isn't an issue, I think the four primary WRs on the two teams could do well tonight.
Gotcha _ I believe we are saying much the same thing though we may differ on which Wrs are better starts and I'm not even sure that's the case.Then we have agreement.Let us celebrate with the joining of chocolate to milk.Or beer to glass - your choice sir. :no:

Well, it's guaranteed that Cotchery, at the very least, is going to have a huge game because I just trade him. The weather report was the final decider for me to pull the trigger. I've had some success at FFL, but I have had seriously bad luck with trades. Every time I trade a guy away he goes off. So expect big things from Cotch tonight. BTW, I trade Michael Turner and Cotch for Larry Fitzgerald and Willie Parker. I was hurting at receiver and have DeAngelo Williams to fill in at RB.

Sammy Morris Active per ESPN
Thanks! I just saw it too.This raises the question of benching both Morris and BJGE (I had BJGE in)... not being able to guess which RB will do better tonight.Any thoughts on this? Other options are Reggie Bush, Ladell Betts, or D Ward if those two don't start.Sorry if wrong forum.....

So what do you do with Welker in a non-PPR league? Does anyone own him in that situation? It's an 8-teamer and I have Boldin, CJ, Welker, and Moss. I think I'm going to go with Welker over CJ just on a gut hunch that he scores tonight. If he scores, I'm golden...if not, it was a terrible call.

#### COMCAST!!!!Carry on...
FWIW, I just got a $1.99/mo. for 12 months deal on the Sports Tier this week. Just called and asked "What promos are you running?" They turned it right on too. Of course, I will drop it once the season is over. I had the deal once before, but they would not renew it.Worth a shot.

#### COMCAST!!!!Carry on...
I, unfortunately (switching soon), have comcast and the NFL Network in HD. You can pony up $5 a month for the entire sports pack to get this channel.edit: or barter for better. I wanted the Fox College sporst channels for the tons of college hoops they show.

besides BGE I only have Hillis as an option. Does Morris being active give enough reason to go with Hillis? Keep in mind being doesn't indicate playing time.

Users who are viewing this thread