What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Garcia released (1 Viewer)

If the wanted to cut from the Raiders because he did not think he would be given a shot to win the job he should have his agent call them back and see if they are feeling differently. Would be ideal for the him and the Raiders since he should be fairly up to speed on the playbook.

Raiders brass should be apologizing profusely
I agree.All the Raiders need is a QB who can manage a game.... convert a 3rd down and 3. Russell is obviously unable to do that with any kind of consistency. This team would actually be halfway decent with even an average NFL quarterback.

If the wanted to cut from the Raiders because he did not think he would be given a shot to win the job he should have his agent call them back and see if they are feeling differently. Would be ideal for the him and the Raiders since he should be fairly up to speed on the playbook.
Carolina or St Louis? :lmao:

per RotoworldWhere could he go?
starts with "D"ends with "ver"has an e and an n in the middle.It won't happen, but I was hoping for it when Oakland released him, before Philly picked him up. I'm not confident in Orton at all, I'm not sure if Garcia would be better or not though. If he wasn't good enough for the Raiders, maybe he's done.

Green Bay - Rodgers isn't going to last the season with the way he is getting pressured and hit. Garcia would be a good backup for them.

what this really is is good news for eagles fans and donovan mcnabb owners. means reid and co. are sure he is going to be ready to go week 5.

Green Bay - Rodgers isn't going to last the season with the way he is getting pressured and hit. Garcia would be a good backup for them.
He wanted out of Oakland because he wants to start. This could happen immediately in STL, CAR or WASH. I don't know if Fox has the cajones but CAR needs Garcia bad!

what this really is is good news for eagles fans and donovan mcnabb owners. means reid and co. are sure he is going to be ready to go week 5.
I think Kolb's performance had as much to do with it as McNabb's health.
i don't. they need a healthy legitimate backup QB - and vick isn't ready to be that guy yet. if mcnabb was going to remain out, or was less than 90 percent to play week 5, they'd have kept garcia.

i don't. they need a healthy legitimate backup QB - and vick isn't ready to be that guy yet. if mcnabb was going to remain out, or was less than 90 percent to play week 5, they'd have kept garcia.
Since when is 300 plus and multiple TDs not legitimate???

Absolutely! Surprised at how many people still think the Garcia signing was about Kolb.

Psst -- he's talking about a healthy legitimate backup to Kolb. You know, in case Kolb gets injured in the middle of a game.

Carolina or St Louis? :lmao:
I didn't even think about Carolina. Seattle?
Carolina can't afford Garcia which is why they signed Feeley.

Um, Kolb was a starter, not a backup, in those games. What happens if he gets hurt in the game, McNabb is still injured, and Vick isn't ready?
I agree with that but my point was if Kolb had $ucked Reid wouldn't have released Garcia. He would have tried to get him up to speed to play week 5 in case McNabb was unable to go. Since Kolb played well he knew he could start Kolb and have McNabb back up if McNabb wasn't completely healthy. McNabb's health combined with Kolbs good performance allowed them to cut Garcia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, Kolb was a starter, not a backup, in those games. What happens if he gets hurt in the game, McNabb is still injured, and Vick isn't ready?
Man, people will argue about anything, right?The guy a few posts back said it was "as much" about Kolb's performance as it was about McNabb's health.

Meaning BOTH were a factor.

Healthy McNabb + Crappy Kolb = Keep Garcia

Gimpy McNabb + Awesome Kolb = Keep Garcia

You have to have BOTH Healthy McNabb AND Awesome Kolb to = Release Garcia

Players named Vick = ZERO in all above equations.

Man, people will argue about anything, right?The guy a few posts back said it was "as much" about Kolb's performance as it was about McNabb's health.

Meaning BOTH were a factor.

Healthy McNabb + Crappy Kolb = Keep Garcia

Gimpy McNabb + Awesome Kolb = Keep Garcia

You have to have BOTH Healthy McNabb AND Awesome Kolb to = Release Garcia

Players named Vick = ZERO in all above equations.
:lmao:

I understand what you two . Phatty and Bert, are saying about Kolb's performance and I think this is just about semantics. While I still believe Garcia was signed to be a backup to Kolb in case of injury, I agree that if Kolb really failed to perform, Garcia would have had a shot to start.

We all agree Kolb had two good games, right? Therefore, the "needing Garcia in case Kolb sucks" reason is already off the table. I would think it can be assumed that the Eagles would be okay with Kolb as long as needed. Therefore the release sheds no additional light on this issue for me. To me, that just leaves McNabb's health as an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carolina makes to much sense right now.....with that run game and Garcia, I think Carolina could be very tough.....nothing against Jake, but this team could use a spark and I think Garcia could provide that

Carolina makes to much sense right now.....with that run game and Garcia, I think Carolina could be very tough.....nothing against Jake, but this team could use a spark and I think Garcia could provide that
Change the "nothing" to "everything" and I agree with you 100%. :thumbup:

:lmao: Nailed it, Garcia was backup to Kolb, Kolb is a backup to healthy McNabb, when McNabb is healthy, there's no need for Garcia. Vick has nothing to do with this, he is for the wildcat only, not a true backup. McNabb has to be ready to go in week 5 for them to release Garcia.

He's been cut by three teams in six months. Why do people still think he is any good?
Because one of those "cuts" was by his own request, and another was pre-arranged when he signed with the team.
I find it hard to believe that there are so many here that feel that Garcia is NFL rosterable. He's 40, shotputs any ball over 15 yards. His signature move is the jump pass where he immediately checks to the running back who is barely getting over the line of scrimmage as wide open receivers are waving their arms, "me, no me over here!". He has been cut by three teams in 6 months. If you were fired from your job by 3 different companies, I'd doubt you'd get blood relatives to be able to stick up for you. Garcia is done, let him RIP :bye:

Raiderfan32904 said:
TommyGilmore said:
Capella said:
He's been cut by three teams in six months. Why do people still think he is any good?
Because one of those "cuts" was by his own request, and another was pre-arranged when he signed with the team.
I find it hard to believe that there are so many here that feel that Garcia is NFL rosterable. He's 40, shotputs any ball over 15 yards. His signature move is the jump pass where he immediately checks to the running back who is barely getting over the line of scrimmage as wide open receivers are waving their arms, "me, no me over here!". He has been cut by three teams in 6 months. If you were fired from your job by 3 different companies, I'd doubt you'd get blood relatives to be able to stick up for you. Garcia is done, let him RIP :thumbup:
While I generally agree with this statement...he'd still be a major upgrade for Oakland. I can't believe they are still trotting Russel out every week.

For all Garcia's shortcomings, he's been fairly good at not being the primary reason that teams lose games. That alone makes him worth a look for a handful of teams...

fatness said:
TommyGilmore said:
Capella said:
It seems like if he was still any good he'd be on a roster and would stay on it.
Why would it seem that way? Very few teams sign quarterbacks after Week 1. He asked to be released by the Raiders at the end of training camp, knowing that the odds of getting signed elsewhere were pretty slim. That's how badly he wanted to get away from the Raiders!! He'd rather be unemployed than be Jamarcus Russell's backup!Garcia passed for the equivalent of nearly 4000 yards last year (completing 65% of his passes). It would be foolish to assume that he's worse than every rostered QB in the league just because he's been unemployed for the past 12 hours.

fatness said:
TommyGilmore said:
Capella said:
It seems like if he was still any good he'd be on a roster and would stay on it.
Why would it seem that way? Very few teams sign quarterbacks after Week 1.
Good and halfway-decent QB's are already on a team, and aren't getting cut. Garcia was cut, and Vick wasn't.

Garcia signs with the Eagles for one week as a backup to get his name out there, and now he will sign some where he can start.

Interesting move by Garcia.

fatness said:
TommyGilmore said:
Capella said:
Why would it seem that way? Very few teams sign quarterbacks after Week 1.
Good and halfway-decent QB's are already on a team, and aren't getting cut. Garcia was cut, and Vick wasn't.
:thumbdown: Did you seriously think that Garcia was brought in to compete with Vick for the #3 QB spot?

Users who are viewing this thread