What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GET BALLSY......."SEMI-FINALS WEEK" VERSION (1 Viewer)

i'm loving all the dede talk. i've got him plugged in over sammy and some other garbage.

currently debating CJ over gore. tough enough to play a RB against denver, but even harder to play a guy who got three more touches than his age four days ago...

So here is my lineup in PPR right now:

QB: Rivers (Goff benched)
RB: Fournette & Ingram
WR (Start 3): Landry, T. Hill & Westbrook (Evans, Diggs & Kupp benched)
TE: Gronk
Flex: Collins (Murray & Miller benched)

Either stupid or ballsy to bench Diggs, Kupp & Evans!!

There are a ton of scenarios that could fit this category. SITTING KAREEM HUNT over player XXX, 

Who ya got?.......what are your scenarios?

TZM
Contemplating sitting Hunt vs a very good, and still improving Chargers DEF and putting Alex Collins in his spot.   

msudaisy26 said:
Rodgers has been practicing for like 3 weeks now, and he is about 1000 times better than Foles. 
I say this because I am a die hard Giants fan and I feel it in my gut that Foles will blow up this week.  4 TDS and 350 yds.  But I am still going with Rodgers. 

D Thomas tonight?  

12 targets last week in a bounce back, but he was pretty awful the month before that 

Thinking of playing Westbrook over either Funchness or Hill. Funchness is dinged up and Hill is so inconsistent....
Funchess had a sore shoulder last week and played through it against Rhodes. He gets a banged up GB secondary this week. I think not playing him is getting a bit cute. 

As an Eagles fan, I approve this message.  :thumbup:
I have hated the eagles for so long and almost hate them more than I like the Giants....for the first time in my life I actually feel bad for Eagles fans.  I still don't want you to win a super bowl, like ever, but I really felt this years team is the best I have ever seen them look.  You guys really struck gold with Wentz.   :(

I'd sub Collins in for 1 of them. Which? That is a tough call. I'd probably bench DT
PPR, which is what is making it more challenging.  Standard, no question Collins is in.  Know he has been a little more involved in the passing game.  But Allen/Woodhead still lurk...

Last edited by a moderator:
Really tempted to start Ajayi over Miller@JAX.  Can't find an "expert" ranking that agrees with that anywhere though.  Not even close.  Gut tells me it's the thing to do.

PPR, which is what is making it more challenging.  Standard, no question Collins is in.  Know he has been a little more involved in the passing game.  But Allen/Woodhead still lurk...
I have Collins in my flex in PPR right now over Kupp, Diggs & Evans. May put Westbrook or Landry on the bench for Evans, but pretty sure I have to play Collins.

Dusty Rhodes said:
Tossing around Keenum over Dak
Curious to know your final decision. I have the same situation. Invariably, I start the wrong one. I've been going with Keenum since Dak had a rough couple weeks, but I'm thinking about switching back. 

Curious to know your final decision. I have the same situation. Invariably, I start the wrong one. I've been going with Keenum since Dak had a rough couple weeks, but I'm thinking about switching back. 
Last week I started Keenum for the first time this year and it backfired as Dak went off. I still won, but this week I'm having the same conundrum.

Really tempted to start Ajayi over Miller@JAX.  Can't find an "expert" ranking that agrees with that anywhere though.  Not even close.  Gut tells me it's the thing to do.
I would probably do this. Risky with all the Philly RBs getting touches, but Miller holds little upside this week IMO...

I'm playing Kennum over Goff with Foles and Bortles also available.  Home vs Banged up Bengals who have no heart.  If I lose, I lose.....Kennum has been on fire.  Not getting much chatter on FF radio either.....a good thing.

I'm playing Kennum over Goff with Foles and Bortles also available.  Home vs Banged up Bengals who have no heart.  If I lose, I lose.....Kennum has been on fire.  Not getting much chatter on FF radio either.....a good thing.

keenum over matt ryan (and foles) for me. keenum's outscored him (and most QBs every week the last 5 weeks). QB#3 since week 10.

tbh, i should have done it last week and got lucky to advance. i'm rolling with him now.

I'm going Cam over Brees (not sure that qualifies as ballsy, as I probably should have been doing that every week this year)

Other tough one is Gore tonight rather than waiting to see if Ivory becomes startable if Fournette is out. If Fournette ends up being out after I've already started Gore, I have to choose between Ivory and Morris, who I've planned to start all along 

Considering starting the 49ers D at home against Tennessee. I think it may be nuts. My only other options are Chargers at KC or Dolphins at Bills. Scoring is 0 at 21 points allowed, -6 at 28+, and -10 at 35+, so the Kansas City offense concerns me quite a bit. 

I have Kelce and the first time he played LAC this year he had 1 catch for 1 yard.  LAC also has allowed just 3 TDs to the TE position this year.

Hunter Henry is my backup and my opponent has Rivers.

I'm thinking of benching Kelce for Henry.

Am I over thinking this and getting too cute?
What did Henry do in that earlier matchup?

PPR, been plug and play so far, but this week has some tough matchups, not sure if it's ballsy or just stupid overthinking, but looking to Flex Landry over Drake.

RB: Gurley & Gordon over Drake

WR: Thielen & A.J. Green over Landry

Flex: Landry over Drake

Less ballsy, but also going with Rivers over Ryan and Smith. 

No one else to drop? Seems silly to drop a starting rb.
Really wanted Drake and wasn't going to drop Kamara or Zeke.  Short bench league where can only keep 3 RB's.  Have a feeling that SD is going to be tough on Hunt.

After this week it's Kamara and Zeke together in the lineup.  

Well, I see we didn't get any "ballsy" JEFF HEUERMAN OR CODY LATIMER plays.  That might have been more "stupid" though, not necessarily ballsy.

Though I'm sure a few guys here and there in deep leagues started CODY LATIMER somewhere, in some obscure league.

I have one more "gamble" of a play I might spring on my opponent this weekend.

I won't be posting it here until Saturday though, as I know he comes to this board occasionally and is likely watching this thread.   :thumbup:

There is sure to be a few last minute injury "ballsy" plays coming.  I know there are a few fantasy relevant players still questionable due to injury concerns.

I would have thought I would certainly see a few of those  "I look to be a massive underdog in this matchup, so I'm going with this high variance QB-WR STACK"  plays, but none so far unless I missed it.

After tonights game, if someone was facing CJ Anderson, that may flush one or two of those stacks out of the woodwork though, and bring those into play for the weekend.

TZM

If I found myself forced to start Heuerman or Latimer, I would have classified that as "utter desperation" rather than "ballsy."  It's only ballsy if you are starting them over someone much better on paper.

That said, I wonder if even our 32-team league folks are far enough down the barrel-scraping to be playing these guys, even if they may be rostered...

If I found myself forced to start Heuerman or Latimer, I would have classified that as "utter desperation" rather than "ballsy."  It's only ballsy if you are starting them over someone much better on paper.

That said, I wonder if even our 32-team league folks are far enough down the barrel-scraping to be playing these guys, even if they may be rostered...
Right, thats why I said it may have been more "stupid" though.

Its not a big gamble in that sense,in the case of these two, for sure.  (though admittedly I can see some scenarios where in deep leagues Cody Latimer may have been tossed in a lineup here and there, especially one in which you are forced to start 3WRs or more)

I don't know because I owned very few Broncos this year, and Emmanuel Sanders nowhere.   Last I heard he was injured, or not 100%, so I can see some scenarios where Latimer might have been played. Didn't Latimer have 1 or 2 big games early this season also?  That may have been Fowler though, I can't remember really.  Now Heuerman on the other hand.......... :D

I was more hoping for a few "I look to be down a ton, or up against a monster team, so I'm rolling out a few long shot plays" scenarios.

I am actually inching that way myself.

In one league in particular I am in, I started Doyle, and I look to be up against a slightly better team.  I currently have Bortles in at QB (I lost Wentz) but I was shrewd enough to pick Aaron Rodgers a few weeks back and held him in my IR spot.

I have a player or two in that league going Saturday.  If those players have a terrible day, I am leaning going Rodgers instead of Bortles, thinking I may need a fairly big day, and Rodgers can deliver those. Kareem Hunt is one guy I am firing up Saturday, if he doesn't do much, then I am going to put Rodgers in. If Hunt blows up, I will likely put Bortles in, just because (no matter what anyone believes) there is always the possibility of Rodgers going out and re-injuring himself early too. That seems to be off some people's radars in this situation. I do believe that Bortles has a higher floor, for this specific week, matchup, and situation.

TZM

Starting Hunter Henry at Flex over Sammy watkins and Hyde. I think that KC/SD game will be a shootout and Henry has been hot lately. 

Starting Winston over Keenum & Bortles. I like having my last play on Monday Night and in a divisional matchup vs a mediocre defense. I think winston finally blows up.

Dropped Dalton for Foles amd starting Foles over Smith and Carr.

Picked up Drake and starting him over Jordan Howard

-QG

Picked up J. Stewart and may be starting him over Burkhead/Lewis

Benching my first round pick AJ Green for Alex Collins. 
Very ballsy!  I am afraid to bench him.  Most experts are acting like this matchup shouldnt be a concern, I am concerned.  I would have to play Ginn and I already have Michael Thomas or go to the wire so I am going to ride or die with him.

Very ballsy!  I am afraid to bench him.  Most experts are acting like this matchup shouldnt be a concern, I am concerned.  I would have to play Ginn and I already have Michael Thomas or go to the wire so I am going to ride or die with him.
Rhodes has not been perfect this season, but he has shut down some very elite WR's (Julio and Antonio).  Tough call and may sit either Marvin Jones or Rex Burkhead instead .  Will probably flip a few times before kickoff.

Rhodes has not been perfect this season, but he has shut down some very elite WR's (Julio and Antonio).  Tough call and may sit either Marvin Jones or Rex Burkhead instead .  Will probably flip a few times before kickoff.
I wasn't going to invoke Marvin Jones' name but I am hoping AJ can pull a Marvin Jones on Rhodes!  lol  

In a standard league would any of you start Ajayi over Jordan Howard vs det, Kenyan drake vs buff, or Alex Collins vs cle?

Similar boat here, albeit with different players.  Ingram, Gordon, Collins, Perine for three spots.  Perine seems the logical out (based on past two weeks) , but then he is the sole WAS RB healthy (besides the guys they picked up this week).

WR, likely going D. Thomas, but have Jordy, Hogan, and Woods to consider in the mix.  Was really hoping Hogan would show well, but nervous there.  Jordy with Rodgers even tougher to pass on.  Plus do not like Thursday night games, but IND fielding rookie CBs...Siemian has to be able to beat them, right?
In a similar spot with Perine. Trying to determine if he’s worth starting over Burkhead. The guy I’m playing this week has Brady so I’m not sure that’s clouding my “start Rex” logic a bit as well. Love this time of the year where start/sits make or break a season. 

TE is my weakness on 1 team playing in the semis. My choices are:

J Thomas

Brate

Njoku

I think I'm down to flipping a coin between Thomas & Njoku
After further review, not liking any of my options I picked up M. Lewis. Howard Bender on Sirius XM fantasy channel has been killing it picking dark horse TE's this year. This week he picked Lewis and Watson so I said WTF lets go with it. Lewis has decent TD upside and a good match up, plus I'm not benching anyone that would make this ballsy. 

In a standard league would any of you start Ajayi over Jordan Howard vs det, Kenyan drake vs buff, or Alex Collins vs cle?
Howard is going for the rushing title. Drake might not do well in the cold. He has played in Miami and Alabama?

Howard is going for the rushing title. Drake might not do well in the cold. He has played in Miami and Alabama?
Just can’t being myself to benching drake with how on fire he has been and the workload.  Huge workload.  Against the worst rush d in the league.  I’d say the one wild card possibility I could bench would be Collins BC he technically has the worst matchup but he’s also just ballin out with a more guaranteed workload.  As enticing as Ajayi is and his matchup is great, he’s still got quarion marks.  We have no clue if he’s gonna get those 15 carries again.  They like to use clement at the goal line inexplicably.  I could understand Blount over Ajayi at the gl.  But clement?  

I think i'm going to start Drake over Hunt in PPR.  I think the chargers are playing well right now and buffalo has mailed it in.  My other backs are Ingram and Howard

Users who are viewing this thread