What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Getting another English Bulldog today. (1 Viewer)

SHIZNITTTT

Footballguy
Not to be mushy but our Bella died suddenly late Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.  I found her in the middle of the night resting peacefully, but I just knew immediately.  She would always follow anyone if they were in the house and not in bed.  I said her name and still no response.  It was 3am.  My wife was at work and the kids were asleep thankfully.  I cried like a baby.  She was a great dog.  So much patience with my twin boys.  Luckily I had time to spend with her before my wife got home.  I met her in the garage and she knew by the look on my face something bad had happened.  I told her Bella passed.  She spent time with Bella and finally asked me to wake the twins.  I have one twin who is pretty stoic and he teared up and I could tell he didn't want anyone to see him cry.  The other twin just melted.  We allowed the boys to spend as much time with her as they wanted.  We had her cremated at her Veterinarian's office.  The second twin wants the ashes back.  He spent the rest of the day wrapped in her dog blanket and laid in her dog bed.  Fast forward to today my wife woke at 7am to find same child asleep in Bella's dog bed so she did what any mother would do and found a reputable breeder 4 hours from home.  Wife and son are driving back home now.  I don't know which puppy they picked out they want to make it a surprise.   This has been such a spontaneous decision that is not like my wife at all.  

I know some people don't like when people spend money buying dogs and want shelter dogs adopted and I totally understand.  My wife has decided to give a donation to the local shelter.  We just love English Bulldogs. 

Hug your dogs tight for our family.   

Merry Christmas.

MY condolences on your loss of Bella.  I have had a few dogs and it never gets easier.  Congratulations on your newest member of the family!  Is it a boy or a girl dog?  

MY condolences on your loss of Bella.  I have had a few dogs and it never gets easier.  Congratulations on your newest member of the family!  Is it a boy or a girl dog?  
Another girl.  Our last 4 English Bulldogs have been females .  Males are good, but the temperament of females works better for us.

Wife and kids named her  "Frankie Noel"

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a girl for 9 years...really want another, what an incredible breed. But I have a golden now and two kids under 3, so it’ll be a while. There will definitely be another Bulldog in my house though. Sorry for the loss, but congrats on the new addition and for moving quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread