What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Giants HOMERS...will Eli get time to throw? (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
Just curious to know if Eli will get time to throw?

Hakeen, Cruz, Randle, Brandon Myers....seems to me like the Giants could potentially be a a pretty potent offense. By all accounts Eli had a not so great year last year and will hopefully rebound nicely. Could he be a top 10 QB?

Obviously, the jury is still out on Wilson running the ball (in my mind at least) but as a fantasy owner of Eli will he get time to throw?

Thanks for answering mine. I have not been carefully tracking their OL, but I am starting Eli this week. He is underrated.

Just curious to know if Eli will get time to throw?

Hakeen, Cruz, Randle, Brandon Myers....seems to me like the Giants could potentially be a a pretty potent offense. By all accounts Eli had a not so great year last year and will hopefully rebound nicely. Could he be a top 10 QB?

Obviously, the jury is still out on Wilson running the ball (in my mind at least) but as a fantasy owner of Eli will he get time to throw?
The current configuration of the Giants O-Line (whether Beatty-Brewer-Boothe-Snee-Pugh or Beatty-Boothe-Baas-Snee-Pugh, subject to Baas's health) has the potential to provide much better protection for Eli than he's had the past couple years.

David Diehl has been one of the great Giants of the Tom Coughlin era, playing multiple position while starting every game during his first seven seasons (2003-2009) as a 5th round pick. However his physical ability and play have fallen off a cliff the last two seasons. His injury during the pre-season was actually a major blessing in disguise since it opened the door for Pugh to step in at Right Tackle. While that move was inevitable, it may not have happened until later due to the coaching staff's loyalty to Diehl.

Baas has had a hard time staying healthy and been a weak link in the middle for the majority of his time with the Giants.

Meanwhile Beatty is emerging as a legit LT, Brewer (despite struggling at OT) looks like a nice fit as road grader inside at guard, Boothe is a versatile and reliable option at OG or OC and for the moment Snee is healthy and looking like he his old Pro Bowl self.

As it stands, with all the pieces in place I do think the offense has a chance to have to have a big year.

FWIW I wouldn't agree that Eli had a down year last season. It was more a reflection of what was happening around him. That included the o-line issues, Nicks injury and a defense that afforded them the second fewest offensive drives in the league. (They did still average the second most points per drive in the league).

Since this is an obvious "should I start Eli?" Thread (lol), ill spare you the analysis of their oline and tell you: yes, feel free to start Eli in what always amounts to an offensive shoot out with Dallas.

My problem with Eli is that he appears to be underthrowing everything lately. I'm concerned that his pick count will go up drastically this year and Cruz will suffer due to it. I got rid of Cruz for this specific reason this year.

Thanks guys...and while this info will factor into my decision of whether or not to start Eli (as per rickyg), it really was a legit question about the O-Line and what to expect this season and not just "who to start today"

The current configuration of the Giants O-Line (whether Beatty-Brewer-Boothe-Snee-Pugh or Beatty-Boothe-Baas-Snee-Pugh, subject to Baas's health) has the potential to provide much better protection for Eli than he's had the past couple years.

David Diehl has been one of the great Giants of the Tom Coughlin era, playing multiple position while starting every game during his first seven seasons (2003-2009) as a 5th round pick. However his physical ability and play have fallen off a cliff the last two seasons. His injury during the pre-season was actually a major blessing in disguise since it opened the door for Pugh to step in at Right Tackle. While that move was inevitable, it may not have happened until later due to the coaching staff's loyalty to Diehl.

Baas has had a hard time staying healthy and been a weak link in the middle for the majority of his time with the Giants.

Meanwhile Beatty is emerging as a legit LT, Brewer (despite struggling at OT) looks like a nice fit as road grader inside at guard, Boothe is a versatile and reliable option at OG or OC and for the moment Snee is healthy and looking like he his old Pro Bowl self.

As it stands, with all the pieces in place I do think the offense has a chance to have to have a big year.

FWIW I wouldn't agree that Eli had a down year last season. It was more a reflection of what was happening around him. That included the o-line issues, Nicks injury and a defense that afforded them the second fewest offensive drives in the league. (They did still average the second most points per drive in the league).

Great post. This is why I wade in the pool. Thanks Jim!

Users who are viewing this thread