What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Give Me Your All Bust Team - Top 75 ADP (1 Viewer)

Ryan if he keeps moving closer to the first pick overall. I also think Peyton will have some bumps in the road. I don't know if he will bust, but I don't think he will be a clone of the old Peyton.Jones-Drew cause you can't score if you don't play. I also think JStewart could end up as a puzzle piece more than a big contributor in CAR.Cruz & Nicks. G-men will have a better running game and a healthier defense. The Giants had a huge spike in passing production. I think they are a leading candidate to revert to their normal numbers.
I don't see the regression for Nicks/Cruz. Aren't the G-men already hurting in the secondary, with Prince Ak out for a while, and didn't they lose another defensive back for the season already? Plus, they have the toughest schedule in the league, which could possibly lead to some high-scoring games. Got Cruz in both of my main leagues, so keeping my fingers crossed. I agee on Jones-Drew, not liking him one bit with no end in sight to his holdout.

Relative to where they are being drafted

QB Drew Brees/Philip Rivers/Tony Romo

RB Matt Forte/Demarco Murray/Frank Gore

WR Wes Welker/Dez Bryant/Vincent Jackson

TE Gronk/Witten/Fred Davis

Mine

QB - Matt Ryan - not enough TDs to justify ADP

RB - Trent Richardson - injuries, terrible team

RB - Jamaal Charles - Durability, terrible team

WR - Andre Johnson - Durability, TD upside

WR - Mike Wallace - Targets, One dimensional, holdout, emergence of Brown

WR - Wes Welker - Durability, competition for targets
I agree with all but Matt Ryan and Wes Welker. The weak Pats o-line should keep Welker a heavily targeted man. Matt Ryan, if he ever is going to truly "break-out," will do it this year, and the TD's will be there to justify his ADP.

I don't know what Cam Newton needs to do to prove to the world that he's a special player.

1st, Florida doesn't turn their heads as they should have, and would have, had they known they had the best college player in history on their hands. And that it's wasn't Tim Tebow.

Then, Mississippi St. claims he isn't worth $200,000. Again, the best college football player ever, for the very fair price of 1/5 a mil. How much would a Heisman and National Championship bring in? 50 Mil? 60?

Shortly after the best college season ever, pundits left and right claim he's a bust and not worth the #1 pick.

Now, after the best rookie season ever, the Shark Pool writes him off because he's too good to be true. People often say, "Wait until defenses figure him out." No, my misguided friends. You wait until Cam Newton figures defenses out. Wait roughly a week and a half.

The training wheels are coming off! 9-7+ record, 4000YRD/28TD/15INT/700YRD/10TD + stats.
I was just on the Auburn campus last week - it was worth more.

QB - Matt Ryan -- He belongs in the tier with Rivers and Romo, both of whom are better QBs than he is. Taking him in the 1st / 2nd might be the single worst semi-consensus call I've seen in 21 years of FF.

RB - DeMarco Murray -- He might be talented, but it doesn't matter. Dallas is a passing team with a bad o-line, and Felix Jones gets waaaaay too much hate. Felix has proven to be incredibly dynamic provided he stays in a RBBC role.

RB - Chris Wells -- He really isn't that talented, and it wouldn't matter even if he was. Arizona doesn't even try to run the ball. Williams will certainly vulture more than the < 50 carries Stephens-Howling got as the #2 last year.

WR - Jordy Nelson -- he's underrated as an NFL player, but his production per target isn't close to sustainable. I also think there no room for growth target-wise, with Cobb developing and Jennings healthy.

WR - Brandon Lloyd - simply not a good enough player to demand more than about 90 targets on an offense this talented.

WR - Demaryius Thomas - his dynasty value and obvious talent are preventing people from seeing that he's still very raw. The Broncos also aren't the Colts, and this isn't 2004 Manning. I'll be very surprised if they gel completely before about midseason.

TE - Vernon Davis - maybe the most complete and talented TE in the NFL, but he just got a whole lot more competition for a very limited number of targets.

Can we stop with the Fitzgerald as a bust, he had the same crappy quarterbacks last year and put up 1400 and 8. I could be his quarterback and he would still put up 1000+ 7+.
And in 2010 with crappy QB's he put up 1100 and 6. Not exactly what I'm looking for in the #2 WR off the board.If Kolb starts the year and somehow holds the job for at least 8 weeks, there is no way Fitz finishes in the top 10 WR's this year. I don't know if you have looked at Fitz's numbers last year with Kolb, but they were not pretty.I am usually very cool with drafting Fitz early because of his consistency. But this year there are a lot of good WR's, and I don't see Fitz having the upside he once did.

Are you saying that there is risk involved in fantasy football?

Ryan's ADP was fine two weeks ago, nobody is drafting Johnson and expecting 12 TDs...everything else is injury speculation

QB: Vick(Basically on my do not draft list due to injury risk)

TE: Vernon Davis(The most dangerous TE in the league but doesn't get used right)

RB: Isaac Redman(he's not good)

RB: Chris Johnson(I can't explain it but he gets caught from behind now, it's hard to watch)

WR: Brandon LLoyd(was the man based on lack of talent, now what? I do enjoy watching him)

WR: Desean Jackson(same as Vick, too injury prone and I can wait for a guy like Lance Moore to produce 80-90% of his production later)

*Bonus play

Def: 49's(they play a few nice QB's this year, they are overrated vs the pass)

Newton, Peyton Manning, and ADP are going to ruin the most teams this year. None of these guys has a prayer of justifying their price.
I wonder how many leagues Zeff won this year. How can I subscribe to his 2013 fantasy newsletter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only that but all the guy's that were so strong in there convictions that Ryan could not be worthy.

It's 1 thing to have an opinion an feel something may go 1 way, but state emphatically it can't happen.

(there are very few things we can gauge from the outside to be Absolutly Sure we know the answers)

QB: Vick(Basically on my do not draft list due to injury risk)TE: Vernon Davis(The most dangerous TE in the league but doesn't get used right)RB: Isaac Redman(he's not good)RB: Chris Johnson(I can't explain it but he gets caught from behind now, it's hard to watch)WR: Brandon LLoyd(was the man based on lack of talent, now what? I do enjoy watching him)WR: Desean Jackson(same as Vick, too injury prone and I can wait for a guy like Lance Moore to produce 80-90% of his production later)*Bonus playDef: 49's(they play a few nice QB's this year, they are overrated vs the pass)
This one was pretty spot on.

QB: Vick(Basically on my do not draft list due to injury risk)TE: Vernon Davis(The most dangerous TE in the league but doesn't get used right)RB: Isaac Redman(he's not good)RB: Chris Johnson(I can't explain it but he gets caught from behind now, it's hard to watch)WR: Brandon LLoyd(was the man based on lack of talent, now what? I do enjoy watching him)WR: Desean Jackson(same as Vick, too injury prone and I can wait for a guy like Lance Moore to produce 80-90% of his production later)*Bonus playDef: 49's(they play a few nice QB's this year, they are overrated vs the pass)
Other than 49ers D, VERY good calls. And I think it was your bonus play, so I'll let it slide.

but seriously....

QB- has to be Stafford, right? Finished as QB10 in my league. Drafted in the first 2-3 rounds.

RB- Darren McFadden

RB- Ryan Matthews

WR- Larry Fitzgerald

WR- Greg Jennings

TE- Vernon Davis (or Gates, or Hernandez)

FLEX- Chris Johnson

Mine

Wow, was this bad. According to my PPR (lots of FBGs) league:Ryan QB4 - Pretty sure this was above ADP

Richardson RB6

Charles RB8

AJ WR5

Welker WR7

His only good call was Wallace at WR22, but even that wasn't horrible as I don't think Wallace was getting drafted super high.

Only disappointing thing about losing LHUCKS.....one of the best indicators of future success was when he targeted a player as "bust."

Mine

You're just terrible at this fantasy football thing...

QB: Vick(Basically on my do not draft list due to injury risk)TE: Vernon Davis(The most dangerous TE in the league but doesn't get used right)RB: Isaac Redman(he's not good)RB: Chris Johnson(I can't explain it but he gets caught from behind now, it's hard to watch)WR: Brandon LLoyd(was the man based on lack of talent, now what? I do enjoy watching him)WR: Desean Jackson(same as Vick, too injury prone and I can wait for a guy like Lance Moore to produce 80-90% of his production later)
Nice calls. Still remember Vick being considered a first-rounder going into 2011.(leaving out your defense bust pick because that's too dependent on scoring rules)

Nice calls. ;)

on one team i was snake bitten. luckily it was just one and im doing really good in others.

mjd

dmc

mathews

jennings

gates

wallace

bowe

manning

benson

i am the mayor of bust town...

Ended my season early. Don't know why it took Jax so long to figure out he was a BUST for 2012

Jaguars placed RB Maurice Jones-Drew (foot) on season-ending injured reserve.

Jones-Drew missed the final ten games of the season with a sprained foot, and it makes one wonder why it took the 2-13 Jaguars so long to finally place him on the injured list. MJD finished the season with 86 carries for 414 yards and one touchdown.

I got RIchardson in the 3rd, start him every week, and am in the finals. Its a keeper league, PPR, and he is top 12 RB. Glad I didnt get McFadden.

Users who are viewing this thread