What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Glasses (1 Viewer)

Marmalade

Footballguy
How long does it take to make the adjustment to wearing glasses daily?  I just got a pair of bifocal glasses and I may have gotten the wrong prescription (is that what term is used?). I can see great far distance but seeing up close is blurry.  Blurry inside of arms distance.  I have to remove the glasses to use my laptop.    They are pretty cool looking transition lenses.  Nike btw.  

Progressive wearer here- not bifocals- transitions as well. :thumbup:

They took some wearing to get used to.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I changed from single-focus to progressive lenses it took about 2 weeks to get used to them. 
I made the original change from regular to progressive lenses with no problems at all. However the last couple times I've had my prescription updated the sweetspot for close reading keeps getting smaller. I ended up getting a second pair specifically for the computer and reading  

Yea. Unless they truly are the wrong prescription, you will get used to them. You'll start looking like one of those old fogeys always looking down through the bottom of your glasses. And that's because you are an old fogey. #welcometotheoldfogeyclub

just joined the club to...this old thing sucks.

I get this really odd feeling when wearing  them while walking that I feel very short. Its so hard to explain but it feels like the ground is closer than it should be. I find myself over compensating for things like stepping over curbs a overall I just feel like something is off balance.

Progressives as well (not the regular to sunglasses—the distance to reading kind) 

I hope I get use to it. 

Users who are viewing this thread