What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (5 Viewers)

Chaos Commish said:
That freaked me out a little like maybe I'm being stalked on my private social media. Long Bombay Beach story unfolded last week. Short version. Three young ladies I know very well (may or may not be related) saw a list of little known must sees in CA. The list was a joke. The ditzes didn't know. The DROVE to Bombay Beach in JULY. Got stuck in the sand. Were frightened of the "neighborhood". Called me about 2:30 and said Mazda roadside was sending someone. I offered to go. They said no. Three hours later, I would have been there, but help wasn't. Mazda finally found someone willing. He was in Mexico, crossing the border. WTF!? I offered again. It was 114 outside. Mexican shows up in a F150 and gets stuck. Calls it quicksand. Calls a buddy in Mexicali for help. This guy shows up at 8 and works on the truck, not the girl's Mazda. I call the sheriff. It's now pitch black on Bombay Beach, Mexicans got the truck out but not the Mazda. I call the Sheriff. Girl tells Mexican Sheriff is coming. Mazda out of the sand in three minutes flat. WTF!?!?
Having driven around the Salton Sea I can safely say that might be the ugliest, sketchiest part of our country I've seen west of Alexandria, LA.

I've been on the phone to the IRS for 2 hours and 20 minutes so far this morning.  I'm on my fourth transfer.   Been on hold waiting for IRS agent #4 for 33 minutes.  

I've been on the phone to the IRS for 2 hours and 20 minutes so far this morning.  I'm on my fourth transfer.   Been on hold waiting for IRS agent #4 for 33 minutes.  
I don't miss the days when I had to do that on a regular basis for my job. The worst is when I would get a resolution, get something in writing confirming the resolution and then the client receiving a letter a year later as if the case had never been resolved. Rinse and repeat.

Dead to me.
It may be the healthiest thing I eat regularly. You don't need the grilled pineapple and vegetable. Sear a piece of salmon to medium in a skillet, plop it on top of a lettuce leaf, top with some onion and tzatziki and bam. I really cannot taste the lettuce, it just a convenient carb-free container for all that deliciousness. And you can use costco tzatziki, so it only takes about four minutes to make.,

Reason for the call?
2 hours, 48 minutes total.

I was on a payment plan with the IRS.   They recorded a tax lien anyway.   I recently paid the balance in full.   Even though the balance is $0, they still withdrew money out of my bank account based on the payment plan, so I needed to make them confirm that they wouldn't do that again and that they were refunding the money they withdrew.

I also needed proof that they've submitted the lien release, since it hasn't been recorded yet, so that my mortgage company can prequalify me for a loan.

It may be the healthiest thing I eat regularly. You don't need the grilled pineapple and vegetable. Sear a piece of salmon to medium in a skillet, plop it on top of a lettuce leaf, top with some onion and tzatziki and bam. I really cannot taste the lettuce, it just a convenient carb-free container for all that deliciousness. And you can use costco tzatziki, so it only takes about four minutes to make.,
I am not big on the whole "use lettuce as a tortilla or bun" thing, but this sounds really good.

OrtonToOlsen said:
Checking my class lists today.

Got a kid named Zxander. 

I think I'm going to give him an Fph just on general principle.
Hold up.  I was wrong.  

It's Xzander.  And apparently you're supposed to say it "EX-Zander".  Obviously.

Having driven around the Salton Sea I can safely say that might be the ugliest, sketchiest part of our country I've seen west of Alexandria, LA.
The east side where they were stuck is not American soil. It isn't Mexico either. It's badlands. Sketchy is a good word. Ugly is kind. The west side is at least part of the US but best to stay on the pavement and in the vehicle at all times in the summer. The winter is different, some snowbirds, lots of desert activities. It's only horrible then.

Actually actually true and for RL. 1990. Summer. Good friend who I owed needs help. His dad bought the airport at the Salton City and was pitching it as the reason Palm Springs was going to spread south and be seaside soon. The friend was a general contractor at the time and needed help installing "a shower" in the hangar. Said we'd be done in a few hours, back in SD surfing by sunset. Whatever, yeah I'll help. We leave early and get there by 6am. The hangar is just an empty steel building on a concrete slab. One big room.  A bunch of diy bathroom stuff is against the back wall. WTF? There's an exposed septic tank in the ground 15' off the back wall. I need to dig a two foot deep ditch to it. Eph me, but he hooks up a water canon and shows me how fast it will make a trench. Cool. While I'm blasting and digging I hear what sounds like a crew hard at work inside the hangar, but it's just the mighty Eric. An hour later I have my ditch dug and he brings me a bunch of sewer pipe, adhesive, a saw. I'm clueless but hooking up the septic. He takes the water gun inside and digs under the foundation which he's drilled through to make the connection. An hour later, I get back inside. He's built 3 8'x8' wall frames, installed a toilet, and is working on a solar hot water heater he wants me to "bolt to the roof facing south". Eph me. An hour later I get back inside. Dry wall is being hung. Blablablah. 4 pm it's a functioning 16x8 3/4 bath with an open ceiling, paints drying. Door gets hung. We #### shower and go home. Lived in the region most my life, my favorite burger joint is South Central just outta Compton, and the bathroom build is all the time I've spent outside of a vehicle there.

The east side where they were stuck is not American soil. It isn't Mexico either. It's badlands. Sketchy is a good word. Ugly is kind. The west side is at least part of the US but best to stay on the pavement and in the vehicle at all times in the summer. The winter is different, some snowbirds, lots of desert activities. It's only horrible then.

Actually actually true and for RL. 1990. Summer. Good friend who I owed needs help. His dad bought the airport at the Salton City and was pitching it as the reason Palm Springs was going to spread south and be seaside soon. The friend was a general contractor at the time and needed help installing "a shower" in the hangar. Said we'd be done in a few hours, back in SD surfing by sunset. Whatever, yeah I'll help. We leave early and get there by 6am. The hangar is just an empty steel building on a concrete slab. One big room.  A bunch of diy bathroom stuff is against the back wall. WTF? There's an exposed septic tank in the ground 15' off the back wall. I need to dig a two foot deep ditch to it. Eph me, but he hooks up a water canon and shows me how fast it will make a trench. Cool. While I'm blasting and digging I hear what sounds like a crew hard at work inside the hangar, but it's just the mighty Eric. An hour later I have my ditch dug and he brings me a bunch of sewer pipe, adhesive, a saw. I'm clueless but hooking up the septic. He takes the water gun inside and digs under the foundation which he's drilled through to make the connection. An hour later, I get back inside. He's built 3 8'x8' wall frames, installed a toilet, and is working on a solar hot water heater he wants me to "bolt to the roof facing south". Eph me. An hour later I get back inside. Dry wall is being hung. Blablablah. 4 pm it's a functioning 16x8 3/4 bath with an open ceiling, paints drying. Door gets hung. We #### shower and go home. Lived in the region most my life, my favorite burger joint is South Central just outta Compton, and the bathroom build is all the time I've spent outside of a vehicle there.
How'd the airport investment work out? BOATLOADS??!?!?!?!

And I have never been to the area, but everything I have seen suggests it is like the setting of the Hills Have Eyes, minus the hills.

According to the Reddit OP, this is her as a 12 year old.

:mellow:

I'm not sure if this is one of the most unfortunate pictures I've ever seen of a 12 year old girl, or a 40 year old crossdresser getting his kicks off trolling people.

Had to do an audit there in the summer for my counterpart who had that territory but was on vacation.  I was 24, had no idea what to expect but was warned that it would be VERY hot on the tractor lots in Indio, Calpatria, El Centro and my personal favorite, Blythe.  I was like "whatever, I'm from Texas, I know heat, get bent".

So I make the drive from San Diego and immediately realize this ain't Texas Toto...I finally arrive at my first dealership and realize I just might have underestimated the warnings.  Check in with the manager, tell him I need to get out to the lot and check the inventory and and when I reached up to the metal handle of the first backhoe I came to it felt as if I had just grabbed the handle of hell.  I exercised more caution from that point forward. 

Drive from Calipatria to Blythe was particularly putrid and as I passed forlorn taverns and ramshackle dwellings I became increasingly paranoid of my rental breaking down and me dying in this god forsaken land.

Made it through, though, and I rewarded myself with a night at the 'lovely'  Barbara Worth Resort where I brought the average age of the guests that night down to 76 years old.  No truth to the rumor that I saw Tanner there doing the Fox Trot to the Lawrence Welk tribute band.

OFFICIALLY unemployed for the first time in my life.  The venture I joined out here 15 months ago officially folded yesterday, so I worked the last two weeks for free.  Neat.

I think I'm just going to take a month-long break for the first time in 22 years.  No official breaks from work other than regular PTO.

It's looking like biking, disc golf and hiking every day until the end of the summer.  Wooooooooooooooooooooo!  

OFFICIALLY unemployed for the first time in my life.  The venture I joined out here 15 months ago officially folded yesterday, so I worked the last two weeks for free.  Neat.

I think I'm just going to take a month-long break for the first time in 22 years.  No official breaks from work other than regular PTO.

It's looking like biking, disc golf and hiking every day until the end of the summer.  Wooooooooooooooooooooo!  
Damn dude.  Really really sorry. :(

Let's get together asap.  Now that you can get away at 2pm, you have no excuses to avoid me.

damn :(

Someone on Reddit posted that picture to the subreddit /Blunderyears. It is apparently a picture of her from when she was 12 years old.

Either it's a woman telling the truth and a tremendously unfortunate picture of her as a 12 year old, or it's a picture of a 45 year old dude dressed up like a woman and trolling people.

So the 100th PGA championship is going to be in St Louis next year and I've got a chance to get tickets and go. I've never been to a professional golf event and was thinking of going.

Here are the ticket options:

Tickets available for purchase include*:
Practice Round Tickets (Mon - Wed) - $35 per daily ticket
Championship Round Tickets (Thu - Sun) - $100 per daily ticket
Season Grounds Ticket Package (Mon - Sun) - $325

What's the best option? One day enough? Or is the package too good of a deal? No idea what to expect.

So the 100th PGA championship is going to be in St Louis next year and I've got a chance to get tickets and go. I've never been to a professional golf event and was thinking of going.

Here are the ticket options:

Tickets available for purchase include*:
Practice Round Tickets (Mon - Wed) - $35 per daily ticket
Championship Round Tickets (Thu - Sun) - $100 per daily ticket
Season Grounds Ticket Package (Mon - Sun) - $325

What's the best option? One day enough? Or is the package too good of a deal? No idea what to expect.
I would go with the practice round(s). I went to a US Open once and while it was a great experience, it was insanely crowded (duh). 

If you go to see practice rounds, there will be smaller crowds and the players sometimes interact with the crowd.

Then you can watch the tournament on TV, which is really the best way to watch a golf tournament anyway.

The lower cost of tickets really makes this a no-brainer to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

*Hork*  Of all people I can commiserate.  This blows.  Hopefully, it won't last for long and you seem to at least be taking it okay.

Hack's news kind of makes me feel like a heel for posting this, buuuut.....it appears that Operation: Cali is a go for my bride and I.  Got an official offer(re-offer, really) today from the place in the OC.  So, now I get to go into "chicken with its head cut off, move your #### crosscountry for the third time in 2 years" mode again.  As much as I don't look forward to that drive again, I certainly am looking forward to the work.

Hack's news kind of makes me feel like a heel for posting this, buuuut.....it appears that Operation: Cali is a go for my bride and I.  Got an official offer(re-offer, really) today from the place in the OC.  So, now I get to go into "chicken with its head cut off, move your #### crosscountry for the third time in 2 years" mode again.  As much as I don't look forward to that drive again, I certainly am looking forward to the work.
Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread