What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (9 Viewers)

@shuke did we lose the "i enjoy the appearance of the actress in this commercial because she seems wholesome and friendly" thread?

and if so, can we ID the very friendly and orderly looking woman in the new King's Hawaiian commercial?

Last edited by a moderator:
so the NBA thread got moved to the Politics forum?

excellent work, guys  :thumbup:  
This is the GMTAN thread, so no bones to pick, but it would seem the overtly political nature of the shutdown lent itself to politics and political speculation. Joe then moved it. I don't believe I participated, but yeah, so there it is.

so the NBA thread got moved to the Politics forum?

excellent work, guys  :thumbup:  
One of the trolls from the PSF entered the thread and kept posting off-topic posts defending police shootings.   Unfortunately, some people were unable to resist biting on such stinky bait.   Rather than deal with the troll, Joe warned people not to discuss politics in there.   By then, the hooks were set too deep for those unfortunate souls to spit them out.   

Welp, this has been a fun day-and-a-half.

While I was at work Tuesday afternoon, the guy who cuts my grass called and said he saw water running down the side of my house. I got home, opened the door, and there's water everywhere. Turns out the water supply to the toilet tank in my guest bathroom had split. It wasn't leaking - water was spraying out and apparently had been for many hours. I shut the water off to the tank and called the plumber to come replace the line, which he did in an hour or so (I'm sure THAT bill will be cheap).

I walked down to my (unfinished) basement and it looked like it was raining. 

Then I called my insurance agent and filed a claim. They called in a remedial contractor, who came yesterday. Tore out all of the carpet, tile in the bathroom, and baseboards. They still have to rip up the laminate flooring in the dining area and kitchen.

I've got furniture and #### piled up everywhere, along with 16 high-powered fans and 4 massive dehumidifiers. They're louder than the ACDC concert I took my brother to in 1979 and I fear I'm going deafer than I already am.

Oh, and I can't imagine what my water bill will be. Plumber told me he reckons it was pumping 6 gallons per minute and I bet it lasted 6-8 hours. He did tell me that if I take his invoice to the Town, they may give me relief.

Fun times at chez Uruk. I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep total the last two nights.
feel ya brother!  i had to repipe my entire house a few years ago.  good times

One of the trolls from the PSF entered the thread and kept posting off-topic posts defending police shootings.   Unfortunately, some people were unable to resist biting on such stinky bait.   Rather than deal with the troll, Joe warned people not to discuss politics in there.   By then, the hooks were set too deep for those unfortunate souls to spit them out.   
people are idiots, for most part.

feel ya brother!  i had to repipe my entire house a few years ago.  good times
Oof. That sounds hellish, my friend. Ironically enough, since it started this whole mess, plumbing may be the only work I DON'T need.

Update from the restoration company:

Turns out I may need all new sheetrock AND siding ( :loco:  ). #### it. I've never in my life put in a claim on my HO insurance. I'm going for all of it and will be fine sleeping at night.

Oof. That sounds hellish, my friend. Ironically enough, since it started this whole mess, plumbing may be the only work I DON'T need.

Update from the restoration company:

Turns out I may need all new sheetrock AND siding ( :loco:  ). #### it. I've never in my life put in a claim on my HO insurance. I'm going for all of it and will be fine sleeping at night.
Get everything you can out of it.  Think I noticed some damage to your roof. Must have sprayed HARD.

Mold is your friend in this case. I got an extra 5k, for mold remediation. Did it myself and if was only about 10 x 3 feet in the laundry room.  Only time I’ve ever filed a claim either. 

Insurance companies take so much from us, it's good to get something back from them sometimes.  It's like with my car.  I have the fastest car in the world.  I am not sure what make or model it is nor do I know what kind of engine it has, but what makes it so fast is that it’s a fully insured rental.  I can just keep my foot on the gas from when I start driving until I crash it.

Insurance companies take so much from us, it's good to get something back from them sometimes.  
I hit the roof daily double this month.

Had the roofs on 26 duplexes replaced. They were 15 years old.  Had hail damage in March and April (this happens every year).  They gave us full replacement minus depreciation. Minus our deductible.    That turned out to be $134k.  Got that check last Thursday.

Wife shops insurance for the units every year.  She convinces me this year for the first time ever to pay $5k extra and decrease deductible from $75k to $25k.   Got the $50k check last Friday.

Approved today for $21k out of our replacement reserves account.   So $205k total from the above not out of pocket.   Insurance claim was approved for $338k total.   30 year old company in Tulsa does an incredible job ordering shingles and has them dropped at site for nice savings.  Bids job at $232k.   Out of pocket cost to me for 52 units in $27k.  So stoked. I was worried about having to cover all of this over the next five years.  They finish the entire project tomorrow in 13 days.

While all this is going on.  We have roofer come out to our house and we get $16k roof replaced for free. Roofer did all the insurance paperwork for us. (also the guy that tore off some of neighbors roof previously posted, but he made good on that with them) 

Had the roofs on 26 duplexes replaced. They were 15 years old.  Had hail damage in March and April (this happens every year).  They gave us full replacement minus depreciation. Minus our deductible.    That turned out to be $134k.  Got that check last Thursday.

Wife shops insurance for the units every year.  She convinces me this year for the first time ever to pay $5k extra and decrease deductible from $75k to $25k.   Got the $50k check last Friday.

Approved today for $21k out of our replacement reserves account.   So $205k total from the above not out of pocket.   Insurance claim was approved for $338k total.   30 year old company in Tulsa does an incredible job ordering shingles and has them dropped at site for nice savings.  Bids job at $232k.   Out of pocket cost to me for 52 units in $27k.  So stoked. I was worried about having to cover all of this over the next five years.

While all this is going on.  We have roofer come out to our house and we get $16k roof replaced for free. Roofer did all the insurance paperwork for us. (also the guy that tore off some of neighbors roof previously posted, but he made good on that with them) 
I would argue you hit the daily triple.  Not only did you save all of that money, but your wife actually saved you $50k.  How many men can say their wife/girlfriend saved them money?  Based on my own experience with women, I didn't think it was at all possible.

Approved today for $21k out of our replacement reserves account.   So $205k total from the above not out of pocket.   Insurance claim was approved for $338k total.   30 year old company in Tulsa does an incredible job ordering shingles and has them dropped at site for nice savings.  Bids job at $232k.   Out of pocket cost to me for 52 units in $27k.  So stoked. I was worried about having to cover all of this over the next five years.  They finish the entire project tomorrow in 13 days.

You own 26 duplexes?  Helloooooo selling and retiring tomorrow.

RC94 said:
I would argue you hit the daily triple.  Not only did you save all of that money, but your wife actually saved you $50k.  How many men can say their wife/girlfriend saved them money?  Based on my own experience with women, I didn't think it was at all possible.
My wife saves money everytime she goes shopping.  Those new shoes she bought, even though she bought new ones last month, were on sale so she saved $50.  And, she used a gift card that she got when she returned a shirt she didn't like last week, so those shoes really didn't cost anything!!!

My wife saves money everytime she goes shopping.  Those new shoes she bought, even though she bought new ones last month, were on sale so she saved $50.  And, she used a gift card that she got when she returned a shirt she didn't like last week, so those shoes really didn't cost anything!!!
I hate your wife.

mr. furley said:
@shuke did we lose the "i enjoy the appearance of the actress in this commercial because she seems wholesome and friendly" thread?

and if so, can we ID the very friendly and orderly looking woman in the new King's Hawaiian commercial?
Can't find it.  Guess we can't talk about commercial actresses any more.  Got a link?

Welp, this has been a fun day-and-a-half.

While I was at work Tuesday afternoon, the guy who cuts my grass called and said he saw water running down the side of my house. I got home, opened the door, and there's water everywhere. Turns out the water supply to the toilet tank in my guest bathroom had split. It wasn't leaking - water was spraying out and apparently had been for many hours. I shut the water off to the tank and called the plumber to come replace the line, which he did in an hour or so (I'm sure THAT bill will be cheap).

I walked down to my (unfinished) basement and it looked like it was raining. 

Then I called my insurance agent and filed a claim. They called in a remedial contractor, who came yesterday. Tore out all of the carpet, tile in the bathroom, and baseboards. They still have to rip up the laminate flooring in the dining area and kitchen.

I've got furniture and #### piled up everywhere, along with 16 high-powered fans and 4 massive dehumidifiers. They're louder than the ACDC concert I took my brother to in 1979 and I fear I'm going deafer than I already am.

Oh, and I can't imagine what my water bill will be. Plumber told me he reckons it was pumping 6 gallons per minute and I bet it lasted 6-8 hours. He did tell me that if I take his invoice to the Town, they may give me relief.

Fun times at chez Uruk. I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep total the last two nights.
If you have another water event, I would think carefully before filing a clam. Insurance companies hate water claims and almost no one will insure you if you have two water claims in three years. If you have a third event they will cancel or not renew your policy. Good luck on the repairs!

We call that making money in our house. We're also completely broke.

Which mamajamma was it? 

“I know we talked about not spending money all the time but this was ONLY [insert dollar amount] !”

And this pandemic is exposing her big time.  I’m home almost all day which means I get to see all of the packages we get.

Fed Ex Delivery of insurance roofing checks to our mortgage company:

Delivered

Friday 8/28/2020 at 11:41 am

DELIVERED

Signed for by: C.COVID

:oldunsure:
As the resident "shipping guy" of the thread, several businesses are allowing and/or requiring no-contact delivery. Especially larger facilities that have UPS or FedEx drop off a pallet each day. I've seen POD's of "C Covid" "CV19" "C. Rona" "NOTOUCH" and "Tommy"

It probably was Tommy. He used to work on the dock. 

I hate myself.

As the resident "shipping guy" of the thread, several businesses are allowing and/or requiring no-contact delivery. Especially larger facilities that have UPS or FedEx drop off a pallet each day. I've seen POD's of "C Covid" "CV19" "C. Rona" "NOTOUCH" and "Tommy"

I hate myself.
that ####in' tommy ...

I hate myself.
Yeah, I thought I knew everybody at work, but apparently some dude named Fauci signed for one of our deliveries.

Users who are viewing this thread