What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (9 Viewers)

My wife's at work today. I've been cleaning dishes by hand all morning, since our dishwasher is broken and the resident appliance repairman is a lazy drunk. Now, I get to go out into the driveway and clean the mold out of the car that's been sitting for a few months. Which, btw, is for sale if anybody here wants a lovely pontiac with over 200k miles on it and a mold problem. Slap it at all?
you know what gets rid of mold? fire.

Shark Pool Type Question:

If you had Brees and Cam Newton in a dynasty league, would try to trade one in the offseason and OR keep them as mutual insurance?

Last edited by a moderator:
resident appliance repairman is a lazy drunk.
You just described most of the people here, guy. :thumbdown:
Proninja is lucky the inmates aren't running the asylum. This would be a bannable offense. Can we please end discrimination against lazy drunks? We don't bother anyone. All we want is to be left alone to love the booze we love.
I was talking about myself as the resident appliance repairman, but I was speaking English, not Canadian, so I understand how it could have been confusing.

My wife's at work today. I've been cleaning dishes by hand all morning, since our dishwasher is broken and the resident appliance repairman is a lazy drunk. Now, I get to go out into the driveway and clean the mold out of the car that's been sitting for a few months. Which, btw, is for sale if anybody here wants a lovely pontiac with over 200k miles on it and a mold problem. Slap it at all?
you know what gets rid of mold? fire.
I can sell this car for good money if I get the mold out of it

Proninja is lucky the inmates aren't running the asylum. This would be a bannable offense. Can we please end discrimination against lazy drunks? We don't bother anyone. All we want is to be left alone to love the booze we love.
I was talking about myself as the resident appliance repairman, but I was speaking English, not Canadian, so I understand how it could have been confusing.
:lmao: My inlaws aren't going to be here for another 4.5 hours. Man I could use a drink.

I didn't know you coloured yourself that way.

:lmao: My inlaws aren't going to be here for another 4.5 hours. Man I could use a drink.
You know how they're always saying how much they love it when you're wasted upon their arrival

I think I just reminded myself why someone shouldn't discuss politics and religion in the same post on facebook
Had to restrain myself from commenting....that guy capitalized "He" and "Him" while referring to Newt Gingrich. There are no words...Actually, there were words, on your facebook page, but I deleted him. What a joke.

I think I just reminded myself why someone shouldn't discuss politics and religion in the same post on facebook
Had to restrain myself from commenting....that guy capitalized "He" and "Him" while referring to Newt Gingrich. There are no words...Actually, there were words, on your facebook page, but I deleted him. What a joke.
If he had just capitalized "Doosh" and "Bag", he would have been OK.

How do you delete someone you're not friends with?edit: He also capitalized He when talking about Obama. I think we may be dealing with a lack of ability to properly use capital letters here. For those who aren't aware, the guy votes Republican.

Eating a Dewar's while drinking a Dewar's.
Drinking a Deschutes while feeling shuked.Mirror Pond Pale Ale.

Pretty damn tasty. On sale at the local Spec's Liquor store. I may need to return and invest in a case or two.
Once a year (or two) they make what basically is a barleywine out of a double batch of mirror pond. Called "mirror mirror" - they age it in oak barrels too. Don't think it gets that far away from Oregon. My link

Northwest recipients of cos's generosity, take note
Bend's pretty close to Portland, right?Wonder if they have a downtown brewpub. That would be a worthwhile field trip.
You probably already have your answer to this, but YES, they absolutely DO have a downtown brewpup and it is fantastic. In fact, my wife took me there a few years ago for my birthday to a dinner hosted by the brew master. There, they taught us the art of brewing, how to best pair beer with foods and let us play with their hops and other ingredients. Very cool experience. I might look into that for when you are up here.

My link

Who knows about cars here? I want to upgrade, and this is the best one I've seen. Any warnings about this? I know very, very little, but I've researched M3s and M5s quite a bit - but I still feel lost.
Most of the BMW owners I've known in life would never get another. Maintenance is a real expensive beyotch with these things. Oil changes are more expensive and god help you when it's in the shop. For the money, I'd look at other luxury lines. Lexus, Acura, Infinti...they tend to grade out higher in consumer reviews/ownership loyalty. But sometimes, a guy just has to have a Beamer. :shrug:

Pretty damn tasty. On sale at the local Spec's Liquor store. I may need to return and invest in a case or two.
Once a year (or two) they make what basically is a barleywine out of a double batch of mirror pond. Called "mirror mirror" - they age it in oak barrels too. Don't think it gets that far away from Oregon. My link

Bend's pretty close to Portland, right?Wonder if they have a downtown brewpub. That would be a worthwhile field trip.
You probably already have your answer to this, but YES, they absolutely DO have a downtown brewpup and it is fantastic. In fact, my wife took me there a few years ago for my birthday to a dinner hosted by the brew master. There, they taught us the art of brewing, how to best pair beer with foods and let us play with their hops and other ingredients. Very cool experience. I might look into that for when you are up here.
By play with the hops, you mean dive into the vats of beer, right?

By play with the hops, you mean dive into the vats of beer, right?
:excited: That would be awesome!

Hops are a distant cousin to another fine green budding plant. It took all the will power I had not to break out some rolling papers right there at the table and fire up on a Hops Joint.

:excited: That would be awesome!Hops are a distant cousin to another fine green budding plant. It took all the will power I had not to break out some rolling papers right there at the table and fire up on a Hops Joint.
I work with a kid who is a pot connoisseur who has wondered if it's possible to brew beer with plants related to hops. I'm going to give it a go when I get my homebrew system up and running.

Is it safe to say that Tebow mania is over? I'd like the personally thank Bill Belichck for ending this farce last week. :thumbup:
Tebow mania on hold. Back in September.
Decided to bait the Jeebuslvrs on facebook today. Can't help myself.Thanks to CBS, we all got to watch that abortion of a game. Guy can't play. Elway can finally breathe a sigh of releif knowing his fan base won't revolt when he drafts a QB in the first round this year.

:excited: That would be awesome!Hops are a distant cousin to another fine green budding plant. It took all the will power I had not to break out some rolling papers right there at the table and fire up on a Hops Joint.
I work with a kid who is a pot connoisseur who has wondered if it's possible to brew beer with plants related to hops. I'm going to give it a go when I get my homebrew system up and running.
This kid...does he need a home or a father?

:excited:

That would be awesome!

Hops are a distant cousin to another fine green budding plant. It took all the will power I had not to break out some rolling papers right there at the table and fire up on a Hops Joint.
Brain DeathETA, better article

This kid...does he need a home or a father?
He currently lives with his parents, just turned 21. You offering him room and board, GB?

That would be awesome!

Found that looking around. I'll attempt to recreate it sometime this spring in a 5gal batch. I don't smoke, so I'll be happy to send a few out when it's bottled.

You know what is awesome? When you 12-1 in the regular season and arethhighest points scorer and you cruise through the playoffs and then 'Nicks and Steve Smith put up a combined 7 points in a ppr league. That's awesome.

:ptts:

'proninja said:
'St. Louis Bob said:
'proninja said:
'General Malaise said:

That would be awesome!

Found that looking around. I'll attempt to recreate it sometime this spring in a 5gal batch. I don't smoke, so I'll be happy to send a few out when it's bottled.

Got my Santa Cos box yesterday. Thanks, GB! Nice bottle of table wine, some amazingly good truffles that I've already had like 5 of, a bottle of raspberry balsamic, 3 lbs of sphagetti, a thumb drive with some useful contents, a Perry mason thriller with a risque cover and some sweet UHEM and Winebat shwag. :thumbup:

My wife is confused but I will enjoy all of the contents.

Suggestions on what to use the balsamic on?

'proninja said:
'St. Louis Bob said:
'proninja said:
'General Malaise said:

That would be awesome!

In!

'General Malaise said:
'cosjobs said:
'proninja said:
'cosjobs said:
'Kubes said:

Might be something fun to do before a Blazers game.

'St. Louis Bob said:
'proninja said:
'General Malaise said:

That would be awesome!

Damn hippies.

My :ptts: moment

2nd highest scoring team in week 15 lost vs a 9-5 team that had its highest point output of the season by a lot

highest scoring team in week 16. . .in the consolation game

Wife's going to make some hot chocolate.

I was going to go get some peppermint schnapps to put in it.

I never buy schnapps. Is there a good brand or something?

Liquor store closes in 40 minutes.

Early Merry Christmas to the gmtan. May your day be full of holiday cheer, whether straight up, on tap, or from the bottle.

Wife's going to make some hot chocolate.I was going to go get some peppermint schnapps to put in it.I never buy schnapps. Is there a good brand or something?Liquor store closes in 40 minutes.
Shnaps? Go with the Kahlua, man.
Why? Kahlua tastes nothing like peppermint. I wanted peppermint in my tasty hot beverage.I guess schapps is no longer drunk much. They only had two brands in all of Spec's.

Early Merry Christmas to the gmtan. May your day be full of holiday cheer, whether straight up, on tap, or from the bottle.
:goodposting: Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday
:goodposting: Peace and love my friends.I'm about to smoke a stoogie. Tradition with me. Every year since I was 13 with my Great Grandfather.
exactly the same here. If you substitute crock pot chicken and my grandma.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:goodposting: Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday
:goodposting: Peace and love my friends.I'm about to smoke a stoogie. Tradition with me. Every year since I was 13 with my Great Grandfather.
exactly the same here. If you substitute crock pot chicken and my grandma.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Merry Christmas.

Just got finished watching my Christmas Vacation DVD. Debating whether or not to watch Christmas Story and have another drink before bedtime. I'm tasked with getting up early tomorrow and making the eggs benedict since my grandmother doesn't need to be worrying with the cooking these days. I'd be surprised she is around next year, so I'm glad I started acclimating my dad's side of the family to the tradition as well last year. My diet will be shot to hell, but I was happy they wanted me to cook it for them on Monday as well. It's my favorite Christmas tradition.

"Purple grits" will probably have to be added to the tradition going forward as my niece, who is usually a picky eater, asked for seconds last year. I recently found out my cousins makes blue corn grits, which I used for last year's eggs benedict introduction with that side of the family. We're going to skp them this year since my niece won't be there for breakfast, but I probably need to be prepared going forward.

"Purple grits" and more found here: http://www.mcewenandsons.com/shop.php

Users who are viewing this thread