What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (4 Viewers)

Sorry for strafing your profession GM, I get all those ####### guys confused and I didn't have much to go on so I had to make do with what I had. I know there are some good hedge fund guys out there who do provide value.

Dunno how many more times I'm going to fight an entire thread anymore, this is iExhausting.

So, I'm going to be a bit of a downer, and I apologize in advance.

I have had all kinds of wonderful intentions of bumping GM's awesome recap of a day in August where he referred to a "May Baby" that Romo and I had created.

There actually was a May Baby on Board, but sadly, no longer. I learned the news Thursday afternoon and have been relatively unfazed up until now. I understand what has occurred on an intellectual level and, in that regard, have been perfectly okay with it.

I did not, however, understand what it would feel like when it was actually happening. I know my hormones are all over the place, but this is pretty ####ty.

Sorry to bog this thread down with what is probably TMI, but I didn't tell anyone IRL and I think I just need to let some of this out.
So sorry to hear. I wouldn't hesitate to seek support from IRL people, as you will be surprised at how many people you know have gone through the same situation.
This. When it happened to us we ha no idea how common it was. Talk to someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Radio Free Homer said:
Sorry guys. I should have told you that I dropped Tennessee's defense this week...obviously they would score two touchdowns today.
I started Brandon Lafell over Jamal Charles. :ptts:

I had more bets than I could track today. But I do know that my ten-team parlay card was dead by halftime of the early games.

:lmao:

[quote name='General Malaise' timestamp='1348259546'

Love the idea of a Bengals/Cardinals ML Parlay

:Boatloads:

F'n Steelers cost me a four-team teaser card. But the late surge by the Broncos kept a bunch of other plays alive. At this point, anything that keeps me away from the blackjack tables is probably a good idea.

So, I'm going to be a bit of a downer, and I apologize in advance.

I have had all kinds of wonderful intentions of bumping GM's awesome recap of a day in August where he referred to a "May Baby" that Romo and I had created.

There actually was a May Baby on Board, but sadly, no longer. I learned the news Thursday afternoon and have been relatively unfazed up until now. I understand what has occurred on an intellectual level and, in that regard, have been perfectly okay with it.

I did not, however, understand what it would feel like when it was actually happening. I know my hormones are all over the place, but this is pretty ####ty.

Sorry to bog this thread down with what is probably TMI, but I didn't tell anyone IRL and I think I just need to let some of this out.
I am so sorry YRS.My wife had a miscarriage the first time too.

Hang in there GB

:(

The Guide said Karate Kid was on FX so I thought oh yeah this is perfect for the end of the night and switched it and then it was the one with the Fresh Prince's kid and I was like damn.

There's something wrong with me when I don't want to go on this interview tomorrow, but am doing so in part because I don't want to disappoint Drifter. :lmao:

I do love Seattle, though.

Seattle friends. With no plan in hand, we are going to try to hang with friends in Ballard tomorrow at The Walrus and the Carpenter so that I can have oysters for the 19th meal in a row (or so). I have 'ninja's number but no one else's at this point...no idea if they will have MNF there but that's where we'll be...?

The Guide said Karate Kid was on FX so I thought oh yeah this is perfect for the end of the night and switched it and then it was the one with the Fresh Prince's kid and I was like damn.
I hate that whole family. Maybe if the parents got divorced it'd wreck the kids' ambition for show biz.

Seattle friends. With no plan in hand, we are going to try to hang with friends in Ballard tomorrow at The Walrus and the Carpenter so that I can have oysters for the 19th meal in a row (or so). I have 'ninja's number but no one else's at this point...no idea if they will have MNF there but that's where we'll be...?
Man, we kind of suck at this. Just sent you a PM. I'll be headed that way lateish, arriving in Seattle around 9 or 9:30.

Man, we kind of suck at this. Just sent you a PM. I'll be headed that way lateish, arriving in Seattle around 9 or 9:30.
Our flight is at 10:40 so will be at or near the airport by 9:30.So, maybe we postpone to the next time. Even if we don't move here, we'll definitely be visiting again in the next few months. Best friends from Memphis moved here and I miss them, plus Seattle is awesome. So we'll definitely be back out soon. No Rude by then, I assume, but we can catch him in Chicago. :)

Our flight is at 10:40 so will be at or near the airport by 9:30.So, maybe we postpone to the next time. Even if we don't move here, we'll definitely be visiting again in the next few months. Best friends from Memphis moved here and I miss them, plus Seattle is awesome. So we'll definitely be back out soon. No Rude by then, I assume, but we can catch him in Chicago. :)
Gaaaa. Terrible. But probably the way it needs to be. :kicksrock:

I live in Seattle but haven't been spending a ton of time here, on the weekends anyway. In the past month, I've been to Alaska, Vancouver, Vegas, Mt. Saint Helens/Mt Rainier, and the San Juan Islands. Got trips to San Francisco and Hawaii coming up in the next month plus probably one or two trips to Oregon as well. Will head back up to Whistler later this year too. Trying to pack as much as possible into the 6 months we're here.

I live in Seattle but haven't been spending a ton of time here, on the weekends anyway. In the past month, I've been to Alaska, Vancouver, Vegas, Mt. Saint Helens/Mt Rainier, and the San Juan Islands. Got trips to San Francisco and Hawaii coming up in the next month plus probably one or two trips to Oregon as well. Will head back up to Whistler later this year too. Trying to pack as much as possible into the 6 months we're here.
So fantastic. Such a great place that you can use as a launching pad for a lot of other great places.I just don't know that I can leave my current job--too much loyalty. :kicksrock: I feel like I'm sabotaging the chances for tomorrow sorta on purpose. 'ninja, we can plan better next time. :)

So, I just looked up after a day at church, work, then wife's birthday dinner with a bunch of family.

The Cardinals don't suck apparently, and wtf happened to the 49ers?

So fantastic. Such a great place that you can use as a launching pad for a lot of other great places.I just don't know that I can leave my current job--too much loyalty. :kicksrock: I feel like I'm sabotaging the chances for tomorrow sorta on purpose. 'ninja, we can plan better next time. :)
Stop sabotaging chances. You never know what could come of this interview down the road even if you don't take this job. So go to bed, get a good night's sleep, and kick some ### tomorrow. /advicefromaguywhoworksatabikeshop

Stop sabotaging chances. You never know what could come of this interview down the road even if you don't take this job. So go to bed, get a good night's sleep, and kick some ### tomorrow. /advicefromaguywhoworksatabikeshop
You're right, of course, bike shop guy. But I can be my own worst enemy sometimes. I don't want to have to make a difficult choice in terms of taking a job. Options are good, except I hate making the decision. So here I am, drinking way too much instead of sleeping and/or studying the company. Sorry, Drifter. :(

Just landed in London for a business trip and popped one of my ADHD pills...hoping to make jet lag my ##### today.

I'm at the RSI waiting for a coworker to arrive and have seen two women in cookie monster shirts walk by in the last 5 minutes. Both looked like they had been eating too many cookies. Why do that??

Oh, and I'm bad at gambling. Congrats GM

Good luck Krista - even if you're not sure you want the job, I at least hope the day goes well for you. Enjoy the oysters!

Now I remember why I hate magic Jesus football. It turns me into an #######.

I hear about Torrey Smith's tragedy and the first thing I think is, "Crap, I have him on all of my teams. Gotta hurry up and get him in the lineup."

And then he plays and scores two TDs and all I can think about is how pissed I am he is doing it on my bench.

Has there been more discussion of where we are getting together for the MNF K4 Seattle Cornhole Extravaganza tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread